New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49949 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25fa063b
New
Flight distance : 87316 ft
United States

'This upgrade turned a lot of switches on or off have to go go through entire system enabling or unenabling it again.
It changed flight distances and alititude. All has to be redone.
2016-12-2
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

fans25fa063b Posted at 2016-12-2 20:37
'This upgrade turned a lot of switches on or off have to go go through entire system enabling or une ...

All settings were preserved for me, but I always confirm after every upgrade. (P3A, IOS Go app on Ipad Mini2)
2016-12-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans25fa063b Posted at 2016-12-3 14:37
'This upgrade turned a lot of switches on or off have to go go through entire system enabling or une ...

The settings always revert to default values with any firmware update.
2016-12-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-12-3 10:14
I decided to update my P3A. App shows 3.1.0 for app, 1.10.90 for aircraft and 1.80 for RC. Going to ...

With the maps, there are 3 modes you can select.  One is just a standard map, a line drawing with street names etc.   The next is Satellite mode where an aerial/satellite photo is overlayed on the map.  The last is Hybrid mode where the street names etc. are superimposed over the aerial photo.

To change modes, touch the map box and make the maps full screen.  In the upper right corner you will see an icon that looks like a couple of squares/diamonds stacked on top of each other.  Touch this, you will see the 3 options appear.  Select the one you prefer.  No need to reinstall the software or roll back.
2016-12-3
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I updated my machine last night, it went smoothly with no problems.  I noticed a few nice changes.  The stick EXP values were slightly modified which might explain why some people are reporting the control is a bit more precise.  I noticed there is an option for "gentle" and "normal" curves, so you can change your style of flying depending on your needs with the touch of a button, without going through major dramas.  The aircraft took me a while to warm up, but I'm sure I can reduce the time somewhat with an IMU calibration.   I spun up the motors without props attached to confirm operation, and I saw a warning "Motor idling (propeller Loose or Missing)". A nice simple check of the motor sensors that could prevent a major catastrophe.  Operating a CSC move on the sticks took a full 3 seconds to shut down.  Feels a bit strange since I was used to it being almost instantaneous before (around 0.3 seconds).  This should satisfy those flyers that have an issue with "accidentally" invoking CSC in flight -- they will need to hit a CSC condition and hold it for 3 full seconds before a shut down.  They will only have themselves to blame if it shuts down unexpectedly now!  It also reported my controller being updated from 1.6 to 1.8.  I'm not sure if I missed previous updates, but I hadn't received any warnings about it.
2016-12-3
Use props
zcream
New

India

Could a kind soul please record some 2.7k footage with Phantom 3 Advanced and check the bitrate with MediaInfo ?
There was a post after a user updated to v1.5.3 a year ago, and the bitrate on 1080p60 and 2.7k had increased to 60mbps.
I am hoping that the bitrate on the Phantom 3 Advanced is still 60mbps on 2.7k video.
Cheers!
2016-12-3
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1592057 ft
Poland

Two flights on new FW and no problem. Max dist 1.6km, video transmision ok. Flight time shorter (15 and 16 min.) but there was strong wind and I flew a lot against wind with fast (over 88km/h) returns.
2016-12-3
Use props
RGONZA88
New

United States

I updated and  took 2 flights without any issues besides the usual compass errors that pop up. my updates and flights went smooth.
2016-12-3
Use props
MJury
New

Czechia

Hallo, endotherm has a true. IMU calibration is speedy and controller have new reports: "idling engine (propeller Loose or Missing)".  I updated and I have only positive feeling.
2016-12-3
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zcream Posted at 2016-12-3 10:45
Could a kind soul please record some 2.7k footage with Phantom 3 Advanced and check the bitrate with ...

I'm currently on Firmware v1.9.60 and confirm the 1080p/60 and 2.7k are both 60mbps rates not gone to 1.10 yet !
2016-12-3
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

I'm still wondering about updating my aircraft to v1.10... Should i do it or not?
2016-12-3
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KuChar Posted at 2016-12-3 12:50
I'm still wondering about updating my aircraft to v1.10... Should i do it or not?

Yes you should , then tell us lot if its any good
2016-12-3
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

KuChar Posted at 2016-12-3 20:50

Me too still same with you....
Want or don't....
2016-12-3
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

I'll give a shot tomorrow.
2016-12-3
Use props
mads30
lvl.1

Poland

Hello again, I wrote previously about issue with "Signal Lost". I found that I should connect controller to some iPhone/iPad and try update it. That was successful! Android can't see remote controlller software version, so it cannot be updated. Now I can connect on new firmware, but I noticed some video distortion. Picture freezing/losing from time to time, have you got this same? And when I was about 50 meters away I saw error: no signal for few second. Whats wrong??

Cheers!
2016-12-3
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

Went out for a short test flight today.
The bird behaved beautifully. No problems.
Go App still showing version 1.9.60+
All my settings remained the same.
Guess I'm happy. AND relieved . . .
2016-12-3
Use props
CptKangaroo
lvl.1
United States

Just picked up my first drone a Phantom 3 Pro on cyber Monday. Was very excited to take it for a my first flight today. Yesterday I followed the recommended first flight steps which include upgrading both my RC and Phantom 3 firmware. I didn't even think to check release notes, or code stability etc. Just figured it was part of my preflight checklist.

The firmware installation instructions are pretty straightforward, download - unzip - move file to SD card, insert - power up. It said it would take 30 mins. I turned my phantom on, the camera status LED alternated green and red for about 15 minutes and the upgrade was complete. Powered down - and back up again. Upgraded the RC firmware using the DJI Go app and I was set.

First flight today was a huge success. I had no issues with the new firmware at all. I had 15-20mph winds today, so it was gusty, and the phantom performed beautifully. Hovered with great stability, flight was smooth and fluid. I did a bunch of flight patterns, and different altitudes and distances. No problems at all. The video is crisp, and fantastic. Overall a VERY happy new Phantom 3 Pro owner.
2016-12-3
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

Weeman Posted at 2016-12-2 23:12
The + sign means its updated and will change to 1.10.90 in a day or two

Hey Weeman,
did you fly the bird within that one or two days before the version indication changed?
2016-12-3
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just updated - with no problems - it included 3 loud chimes and a no lights "session" towards the end of the 14 minute update - a full success message on the sd card and immediately displays 1.10.90 in the app as well - so flight test tomorrow but all seems well - connects to the app fine , you do get a new alert when you start without out the props attached it knows they are missing or loose! - plus take a good 3secs to stop when you do a CSC - where before it was almost immediate... smiles all round.
2016-12-3
Use props
fans424bfae4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6415869 ft
United States

Did upgrade last night,. was successful. Performed IMU Calibrarion.  Went to fly this morning. and can not take off due to a ESC error after several reboots and another IMY Calibration.  Any suggestions?
2016-12-3
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

loucos Posted at 2016-12-3 19:31
Hey Weeman,
did you fly the bird within that one or two days before the version indication changed? ...

Yes I flew it straight after the update but have only just checked and its changed to 1.10.90
2016-12-3
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans424bfae4 Posted at 2016-12-3 19:56
Did upgrade last night,. was successful. Performed IMU Calibrarion.  Went to fly this morning. and c ...

Sounds like a motor problem , I would contact DJI and ask them if its still under warranty
2016-12-3
Use props
fans0cdf02fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
United States

Do all batterys need updating?
2016-12-3
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

fans0cdf02fa Posted at 2016-12-4 04:57
Do all batterys need updating?

Yes they do.
2016-12-3
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Looks like quite a few pple upgraded. DJI! Can u add a "poll" to thew first page, so we can see how many people reported upgraded, and perhaps upgraded with issues?
Either way, might upgrade later today. Advanced. Hope all will be well....
Is that our pre-Christmas upgrade, so the drone will be available to be taken over by Santa?
2016-12-3
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 02:57
If you send in your aircraft for repair, and you don't agree to the repair cost then they will sen ...

Mindy..

Have to say that sometimes your replies show no compassion or understanding.  Actually from what we've been told in the past, if a firmware upgrade can be shown to have caused the issue DJI takes responsibility.  Does that not hold true any longer (I was told this personally on the phone with DJI support).  Also, it's clear that several people have reported a successful upgrade, but the version number does not get upgraded.  We have seen FW upgrades that cause issues.  We've even got one person here saying that they lost intelligent flight modes plus after the upgrade.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past.  This ALL-In-One method has flaws.  DJI Phantoms have SO MANY hardware permutations, it has to be impossible to physically test every combination of AC, RC, and apps that have come forth. So the developers are basing the release on the premise that a common code base "should" work across the family.  I don't think that it's fair to ask that people perform this upgrade without the ability to roll back.

I think you need to give an ear and listen and see what you can do to help vs. the statement you made above..  Like I've said, we've see upgrades cause issues...
2016-12-3
Use props
Blackzilla1337
lvl.1

Germany

I have update my phantom 3 pro. the update process was succesful so i was out to test it. the drone fly's good like before. But the video transmission is so bad now the drone is 20 - 30m away and i get an unusable live view on my display (green and purple lines and it's not sharpe and it looks really bad). I try it now on 3  devices...Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016, Samsung Galaxy Tab E and on my smartphone Samsung Galaxy S7 on all 3 devices i had the same issu with the video transmission. But best of all ... on my smartphone ... after 1 - 3 min it crashes and starts to reboot ... :O
2016-12-3
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So far so good. Did not see any ill effects or changes, actually, all my settings made it through. Did not do IMU/Gimbal/Compass calibration, and the 1st flight went fine. This thread just took off. Wish DJI would add a sticky uptoip, with a quick collection of main issues, questions/.changes, people noticed.... But I guess I'll just read through 3 pages of posts in stead ;)
Screenshot_20161203-174753.png
2016-12-3
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-3 16:27
The settings always revert to default values with any firmware update.

I don't believe that's the case. Mine (and others in this thread) had all their settings retained with this latest update and I don't recall the settings being lost with previous updates.
2016-12-3
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

JockC Posted at 2016-12-3 20:30
I don't believe that's the case. Mine (and others in this thread) had all their settings retained  ...

Will echo JockC.  I don't lose my settings (or haven't) with an AC firmware upgrade.
2016-12-3
Use props
666angels
New

Poland

Hi guys.
My son turned off my p3 advanced during firmware v1.10.90 update. Now when i turn it on there is a loud beeping and no lights flashing. I formatted sd card using dji go and copied bin file once again. Nothing changed. Have you got similar problem? What bothers me - there is solid green light indicator and I have no idea what to do to make it blinking green/red. There is no txt file also to check what' wrong. I'm gonna be very thankful for your help.

Pawel
www.geowap.pl

2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

666angels Posted at 2016-12-4 17:24
Hi guys.
My son turned off my p3 advanced during firmware v1.10.90 update. Now when i t ...

After format the memory card put back the firmware v1.10.90 then insert back to the gimbal,press and hold the reset button and do not release then power on your drone until you hear first BEEP BEEP then only release the reset button and let it recover your firmware,during recover the front gimbal light will flashing RED/Green......untill fully green light then power off your drone and remove the memory card to check the upgrade result.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans424bfae4 Posted at 2016-12-4 03:56
Did upgrade last night,. was successful. Performed IMU Calibrarion.  Went to fly this morning. and c ...

Could you please find the update log file? I'll help to check it.
36.You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mads30 Posted at 2016-12-3 23:09
Hello again, I wrote previously about issue with "Signal Lost". I found that I should connect contro ...

Hi, can you check your current firmware version now?
What mobile device you are using?
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blackzilla1337 Posted at 2016-12-4 08:02
I have update my phantom 3 pro. the update process was succesful so i was out to test it. the drone  ...

Could you please clarify which DJI GO version you are using?
You could try to enter the image transmission settings then change the channel mode to custom and choose a stable channel.
2016-12-4
Use props
666angels
New

Poland

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-4 10:33
After format the memory card put back the firmware v1.10.90 then insert back to the gimbal,press a ...

-I'm not an expert - you mean reset button = turn on/off button? I press once for a while and second one holding for about 20 seconds until i hear beep-beep. then i released it and still solid green...
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

666angels Posted at 2016-12-4 18:35
-I'm not an expert - you mean reset button = turn on/off button? I press once for a while and seco ...

See this video guides will help you.
2016-12-4
Use props
Blackzilla1337
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 11:02
Could you please clarify which DJI GO version you are using?
You could try to enter the image tran ...

I use the android version 3.1.0 in this version i can't customize the channels this option is no longer available. I have watch some youtube movies about this ... people who live in other countries have this option to change the channels. A other problem is the map at version 3.1.0, DJI Go using a ohter map service ... so i need now internet to load the live map. The old map service was better (google maps) from there i have make an offline map for my area and it works fine. So i think the main problem is the DJI Go app. later i will try a older version of DJI Go (2.9.1)
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blackzilla1337 Posted at 2016-12-4 20:01
I use the android version 3.1.0 in this version i can't customize the channels this option is no l ...

Please have a try and keep us posted.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans9992c216
lvl.1

Germany

Is followme working again?
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules