3211 23 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Inspire 2, a ready-to-fly aerial platform for high-end filmmaking and video creators. At launch, we said the Inspire 2 is expected to accelerate to 50 mph in 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 67 mph.            

After further optimization and testing of various components of the craft, camera gimbal and propulsion system, our engineers have revised those specifications. The Inspire 2 is now expected to accelerate to 50 mph in 5 seconds and reach a top speed of 58 mph. These changes are necessary to ensure speed does not compromise video quality and stability.

We believe the Inspire 2 is the world’s most powerful and versatile aerial platform for professional filmmakers and content creators. However, we realize this small change in specifications may be significant to those who want to push their visions to the limit. Any customers who have pre-ordered an Inspire 2 but no longer wish to purchase one will be able to request a full refund from DJI and its authorized resellers. We will email all Inspire 2 customers to make them aware of this change and the refund process.

Sincerely,

DJI

2016-11-29
Use props
默认值

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-29
Use props
geoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981952 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Inspire 2 performance already reduced

http://www.dji.com/.../newsroom/news/inspire-2-specs-update

So the speed is already reduced before delivery even started.

The main reason for me was the speed, especially since the P3 and Inspire 1 were already reduced in speed with every FW update.

I will cancel my order. I was really excited for the I2....
2016-11-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The Inspire 1 was faster than that before your version 1.3 of the firmware hobbled it.
From memory someone got an I1 to 91Mph (with a big tailwind).
2016-11-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Best to wait for the I2 when it actually is available - lots of promises made, lots of glossy marketing.

Hopefully it will all actually be delivered, but history has shown that sometimes taking something from the prototype stage to the production stage means that cuts have to be made to functionality.
2016-11-29
Use props
默认值

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

This seems to be obly a problem with the bigger cameras. Why not make a X4S version with original speed.
2016-11-29
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-11-29
Use props
Puralist
lvl.2
United States

Here are the new specs and message from DJI about a refund if you aren't happy with the new specs.

Inspire 2 Specs Update

NEWS2016-11-29
Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Inspire 2, a ready-to-fly aerial platform for high-end filmmaking and video creators. At launch, we said the Inspire 2 is expected to accelerate to 50 mph in 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 67 mph.            

After further optimization and testing of various components of the craft, camera gimbal and propulsion system, our engineers have revised those specifications. The Inspire 2 is now expected to accelerate to 50 mph in 5 seconds and reach a top speed of 58 mph. These changes are necessary to ensure speed does not compromise video quality and stability.

We believe the Inspire 2 is the world’s most powerful and versatile aerial platform for professional filmmakers and content creators. However, we realize this small change in specifications may be significant to those who want to push their visions to the limit. Any customers who have pre-ordered an Inspire 2 but no longer wish to purchase one will be able to request a full refund from DJI and its authorized resellers. We will email all Inspire 2 customers to make them aware of this change and the refund process.

Sincerely,

DJI
2016-11-29
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-11-29
Use props
8JlJDKadkPox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698904 ft
  • >>>
Uruguay

There will be an option to bypass this speed restriction and fly over?
2016-11-29
Use props
fans694dfe25
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I'm not too fussed it's still fast but more to the point I find it a bit odd that the phantom 4 pro now has full 5 sided obstacle avoidance yet the new inspire 2 only has forward & up yet is so much more expensive.
2016-11-29
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

My friend has an Inspire 1 model D that he's never updated. It blows mine away. Almost like it's slowly been choked down as to make the new one seem so much faster lol. I'd bet his would give the I2 a run for its money. I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but his is a much faster drone than both of mine.
2016-11-29
Use props
fansa6bebf99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

What a shame! Well, at least this time they're announcing speed reduction previously and openly, instead of camouflaging it into every new firmware as happened to the I1...even though, this is such a "unhorny" news, disapointing!!! Yeah, they should also do it to the price, proportionally...if P4 Pro keeps its announced top speed this will be one more reason to blow sales over the limby I2...
2016-11-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

P3T3 Posted at 2016-11-30 06:06
My friend has an Inspire 1 model D that he's never updated. It blows mine away. Almost like it's slo ...

Yep, V1.3 took a well performing and agile aircraft and turned it into an asthmatic donkey.
Won't hold a stable altitude in a turn, won't fly a straight course in GPS - just crap compared to what it was.
2016-11-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

P3T3 Posted at 2016-11-30 06:06
My friend has an Inspire 1 model D that he's never updated. It blows mine away. Almost like it's slowly been choked down as to make the new one seem so much faster lol. I'd bet his would give the I2 a run for its money. I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but his is a much faster drone than both of mine.

Help me understand this craze for speed. If speed is what people are looking for wouldn't a much cheaper and appropriate choice be to get a racing drone. I think the trade off between image stability and speed is sensible and most people are trying to obtain good quality images.
2016-12-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

fansa6bebf99 Posted at 2016-11-30 06:17
What a shame! Well, at least this time they're announcing speed reduction previously and openly, instead of camouflaging it into every new firmware as happened to the I1...even though, this is such a "unhorny" news, disapointing!!! Yeah, they should also do it to the price, proportionally...if P4 Pro keeps its announced top speed this will be one more reason to blow sales over the limby I2...

The P4P is speed limited to around 19m/s as well. Images aren't very stable at that speed. Its only good for rushing to a distant spot.
2016-12-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

fansa6bebf99 Posted at 2016-11-30 06:17

The P4P is speed limited to around 19m/s as well. Images aren't very stable at that speed. Its only good for rushing to a distant spot.
2016-12-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-5 22:38
Help me understand this craze for speed. If speed is what people are looking for wouldn't a much cheaper and appropriate choice be to get a racing drone. I think the trade off between image stability and speed is sensible and most people are trying to obtain good quality images.

The issue being that spec is changed from that advertised at launch.
People will have pre-ordered on the basis of the original spec - It is good that they can back out on the basis of an informed decision with this announcement.

However, many Inspire 1 owners remain unhappy with the changes made to their aircraft with V1.3 of the firmware. The gimbal had no issue remaining stable at speed, and we had a number of users crash aircraft due to altitude drop in turns after the "upgrade". At the time there was no explanation from DJI as to why this was done.

Trust isn't especially high between the user base and how DJI's does it's marketing.
Actual delivery sometimes forces changes - good to see that they have been upfront with this one.
2016-12-5
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-5 06:38

Filming cars at the track and being able to keep in shot for longer distances
2016-12-6
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

P3T3 Posted at 2016-12-6 20:05
Filming cars at the track and being able to keep in shot for longer distances

Exactly!  I recall seeing a post from someone who was happy to hear about the top speed, for that very reason.  Besides, shouldn't it be up to us as to how fast we want to go?
2016-12-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Alastair Posted at 2016-12-6 22:37
Exactly!  I recall seeing a post from someone who was happy to hear about the top speed, for that very reason.  Besides, shouldn't it be up to us as to how fast we want to go?

is there something on the market that gives flight performance + stabilised image quality + convenience of set up + price point better than this platform presently. I'd love to know who the manufacturer is ?
2016-12-6
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-7 07:37
is there something on the market that gives flight performance + stabilised image quality + convenience of set up + price point better than this platform presently. I'd love to know who the manufacturer is ?

Yep, it's DJI and the platform was the Inspire 1 before firmware V1.3 was released.

2016-12-7
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a good time to move my I1 version 1.1.2 that really gets with the program.  lol
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules