2749 30 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had a dream/nightmare that I once again was notified by DJI that my drone wasn't going to be working with my iphone.  I had this same dream when I bought my Matrice600 and Phantom 3 Pro.. Thank the good lawd this was all of course a dream and not reality becasue I've never heard of a company making so many product launch mistakes in seccesion of one another (not including the disaster that still is the Mavic Shipping).   Thanks be, thanks be that this was but a bad dream...............................................
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

You guys can't behave yourselves so this thread is closed. We won't tolerate constant abuse back and forth. If there is a new topic worth discussing, feel free to create a new thread about it.
2016-11-30
Use props
Spacetrucker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6680 ft
United States

I just received the DJI Email stating that they have stocked up their vendors and you can get next day air and have one by tomorrow, and if your lucky enough not to be using IOS you can even fly it!!! Butt they would like to thank their LOYAL CUSTOMERS for understanding and keep waiting they will eventually get yours to you oh and by the way the iOS app should be ready by mid December so it's really not that big a deal about getting your phantom 4pro soon because you can't even fly it, Once again LOYAL CUSTOMER thanks! I don't even know what to think about this MESS ? I do know for a fact though that APPLE will not authorize anything if the programming and security of the programs are not written correctly!!! So once again I wait patiently and I now have the opportunity to reread the owners manual for the third time and rewatch the videos I'm sure there's something I missed after all this is a new learning experience for me. I just turned 60 and I am fused from C-2 to T-1 and have numerous herniations below that and I have been told I have early onset Alzheimer's or some form of dementia but I don't care what they say I'm still gonna learn this and I am going to pass at 107 test, I'm an artist/artisan in stained glass and live in Bradenton, Fl. I know who cares just trying to make light of the situation. Y'all have a nice day
2016-11-29
Use props
fans030c20af
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Spacetrucker Posted at 2016-11-29 23:10
I just received the DJI Email stating that they have stocked up their vendors and you can get next d ...

The sky is your limit spacetrucker, literally. Good luck with it
2016-11-29
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh crap, this wasn't a dream this was legit.
So, when the DJI P3Pro came out I bought an android so I could fly it. Sold it at a $100 loss as I did not need it after iOS came out.  
When the Matrice600 came out I bought a PC laptop because Mac wouldn't read IOS DJI Assistant 2 and had to be activated from a computer.  I haven't sold it yet because they still haven't fixed the bugs in iOS (and the firmware in general).  So an extra $280 for this cheap laptop that's been used twice in 4 months and only for the Matrice.   Now,  seeing that my drone is on its way, I won't be able to use the drone for 2 weeks or more if I don't buy another android device.  
At want point do "loyal customers" become pissed of, taken advantage of,  stepped on, not cared about,  lied to, ripped off, and most importantly UNSUPPORTED.  I think Apple needs to put pressure on DJI to be a better company.  If the vendors put pressure on DJI they will be forced to change.
As someone who does like DJI products when they are actually fully supported, and someone who has bought pretty much every product they've released, I will say, the second a company comes along who has better customer service who are honest and have ethics.... I'm out of here.  However as I've been saying on this forum now for the last 2 years.  I really just hope DJI opens their eyes and dedicate efforts to customer support instead of product innovation that's not ready yet.  The Matrice 600 is the best example of what I'm talking about.  
DO BETTER DJI
2016-11-29
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Spacetrucker Posted at 2016-11-29 10:10
I just received the DJI Email stating that they have stocked up their vendors and you can get next d ...

@Spacetrucker, you're the man my friend. You put things in perspective, all the best to you.
2016-11-29
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 18:05
So, when the DJI P3Pro came out I bought an android so  ...

would you rather not have that phantom 3 pro, phantom 4 pro, and matrice 600? i mean if thats the case you wouldnt have made your latest purchase.
2016-11-29
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-11-29 23:59
would you rather not have that phantom 3 pro, phantom 4 pro, and matrice 600? i mean if thats the c ...

Actually I definitely DO NOT want the M600.  It is a horrible product.  It's by far the worst drone I've ever owned.  However, as far as the other drones, they are all good drones you are correct.   I am not sure though how that equates in anyway to a botched product launch?  It may sound like I'm complaining but I literally own or have owned every product they have ever made starting with the first Phantom and Spreading Wings (S900).  So I have seen that DJI has not improved on their product launches, in fact, they have gotten worse.  
I understand you think I'm complaining and that's fine.  However here is a list of the latest launches of products I have bought and you can decide if I'm being objectively fair.
Phantom 4 Pro - No Support for iOS, order has been shipped.  Estimates of up to two weeks (mid-December until iOS will work with my drone and can be used).
DJI Mavic Pro - Supply and Demand Problems, still not resolved.  Shipped out weeks late for me others have yet to receive it.  Has created a huge aftermarket demand. Drones were selling on Ebay for over $2400
DJI Matrice 600 - This drone has been nothing but problems. Activation impossible with IOS upon launch. Feel free to read up on all of the issues.  No resolution in sight.
Ronin MX - when launched customers under impression it could be used with large format cameras such as a Red out of the Box.  This was not the case.  Extension Rods and counter weights needed.  Many sold their other stabilizers on the advertising only to be disappointed to find out the Ronin MX is not what it was cracked up to be. Also, it is not nearly as "compatible with the M600" as was thought--tons of issues.
Phantom3Pro - Had to wait to fly due to iOS incompatibility issues.  Great overall drone

So that's just a little bit about how I feel on the matter.  I appreciate your opinion though.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spacetrucker Posted at 2016-11-29 05:10

Aloha Spacetrucker,

Actually, what you are doing is great for all forms of senile dementia, but, I cannot remember cuz you are younger than me (I remember that much!).  Your comment on Apple reviewing apps is accurate but there is the time involved in the process.  It will take a week or two more to run the tests to see if the iOS version of DJI GO 4.00 works with their devices.  And Apple will not cut DJI any slack through expediting the process because they are Apple.

You are going to have a real good time once everything is up and running.  Maybe you can borrow an Android device while you are waiting on Apple.  Be sure it runs Android 4.1.2 or later.  There is also other qualifying information on the downloads page.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 13:05
So, when the DJI P3Pro came out I bought an android so  ...

Aloha Krankie,

Unfortunately, you have the shoe on the wrong foot.  Apple is the problem here, not DJI.  Android has open source coding for its OS.  Apple has closed source coding and takes a month or more to approve apps written to interface with iOS.  DJI has nothing to do with the speed at which Apple plods along slowly with its business.  DJI could teach Apple plenty about doing business.  But, no one can teach Apple anything because Apple is arrogant.

I must say I am surprised that for someone who has so many DJI products, you seem to be so clueless about the company.  Not only that, you obviously have no idea about how to handle customer service.  Not only DJI's customer service but any companies customer service.  

DJI's customer service is great.  Most companies have great customer service in my experience.  I have only had great success with all forms of DJI customer service.  Sadly, those DJI customers who have the same problem as you in this regard have no problem spreading their ignorance inherent in their customer service disfunctionality on this Forum.  

If you knew anything about DJI, you would see that Apple is the thorn in the side of DJI and a major factor in holding up the whiplash speed of DJI's development.  But this will not be for long.  DJI is getting rid of Apple or at least seriously marginalizing Apple.  So, your bad business decisions based on your perceived necessity of using Apple devices is going to come around and kick yourself in the okole.  But you can correct it by just using Android based devices.

You would think that someone who has so many problems with Apple devices and DJI products would be able to figure it out.  But no, you stubbornly insist that Apple is the cat's pajamas instead of the litter box.  And Apple will be thrown out like so much kitty litter as you watch.

However, it is refreshing to see that you, and others, will be a customer of DJI's for a very long time.  Good luck in finding another company in the next decade or two that can hold a feather to DJI.  You better get yourself a good DJI compliant Android 4.1.2 (or later) device or just wait for the CrystalSky device, based on the Android OS, to come out so you can get back up in the sky on a reliable basis with reliable products.  

DJI will still make variations of their products and allow them to be slowed down and work with iOS devices, but they will not get anywhere near the attention they get now as time goes on.  Your wait now for Apple support will be considered fast in a year or so, and all the other fliers and companies using Android devices, especially the CrystalSky devices, will look down upon your sad countenance from the wonderful skies DJI provides for us.

Hope this helps!  Welcome to the future of the real world.  Heed it and leave it behind.  Apple that is.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
Beefy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 07:33
Aloha Krankie,

Unfortunately, you have the shoe on the wrong foot.  Apple is the problem her ...

iOS app is out
2016-11-29
Use props
fans6c69eba4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had a dream my P4P+ was shipped within the 1-2 weeks as stated... it was just a dream.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 19:24
Actually I definitely DO NOT want the M600.  It is a horrible product.  It's by far the worst drone ...

Aloha Krankie,

See, you just conceded my point in the previous post.  Your problem is not with DJI and their products, it is with Apple and its business operations jamming up DJI development.  You solution is obvious, get rid of the loser, your Apple devices.  Get a good Android device with its open source coding.

Boom, there most of your problems are not problems any more.  For the rest, apparently you do not do your research before you purchase.  If you purchase a hub and stabilization system for large format cameras like Red, I would think that you would ask customer service if extension rods and counterweights were needed and any specific recommendations for the Red camera.  After all, it is obvious that the Ronin MX can be used for a large range of cameras.  You did ask them?  Is DJI expected to read your mind so they can tell you what you need because you have no intent on telling them?  Since when is customer service supposed to be clairvoyant?  

Hey, DJI is more than happy to sell you what you need, especially if what you need is in the advertising and not listed as sold with the listed product in the product background information.  That is covered in your research.  But, you have to discuss these things with customer service.  Apparently, someone has problems with customer service.  Oh yeah that was in the post above to.

Supply and Demand.  You have no idea about the drone market and DJI's place in the drone marketplace (Clue, read previous post).  Maybe I should leave this for the next phase of the discussion.  But, let me leave you with this query, "How do you supply demand in an insatiable demand market of millions?"

Catch you on the rebound!

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Beefy,

Someone posted a thread earlier that it was out, but it is still not on the downloads page of the DJI P4 Pro.  I just checked again.  It is still not there.  Maybe in a day or two, DJI will put it up.

You must have found on Apple's App Store?  I do not do Apple.  Maybe you could start another thread saying it is at the Apple App Store.  The other thread did not mention the App Store or have it in the title.  Something like, "iOS app is out in the Apple App Store!"

Hey, it will get you two points for starting a new thread!  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 06:24
Actually I definitely DO NOT want the M600.  It is a horrible product.  It's by far the worst drone ...

Krankie by name krankie by nature, you keep saying you want dji to be like the great Apple, well after the same length of time in business 10 years your great Apple was on its knees, and almost out of business, within two more years they would go on to get rid of the great Steve jobs, they would continue over the next 20 years with failure after failure , over expensive bum products failure to meet deadlines for releasing products, releasing products not fit for market,
Yes it took Apple almost 30 years to get to where dji is today in 10 years, Apple may not be the best example !!!

Yes dji said 1/2 weeks for P4Pro and yes they delivered on that promise, but you choose to put your foot in your mouth because you can't wait to knock dji, YES DJI GO 4 IS AVAILABLE,
I think a small piece of humble APPLE Pie might be called for...
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 02:33
Aloha Krankie,

Unfortunately, you have the shoe on the wrong foot.  Apple is the problem her ...

@Crustacean,  that's really sweet of you to attack someone with Alzheimer's, or perhaps that was just a horrible, horrible joke?
Hoaloha, I appreciate your deep analysis of your employer and knowledge/hatred of the Apple/DJI partnership--a  partnership that raised DJI marketshare overnight (according to DJI director of strategic partnerships Michael Perry).  In a partnership,  companies work together in order to create the best possible product for the consumer.  Not the lone wolf mentality that you are condoning.  Publicly,  DJI doesn't agree with you either nor will they ever.   I've seen people like you try to systematically blame others and bark critics off of these forums numerous times in an effort to silence them.   You aren't intimidating anyone with your unsourced rhetoric..
I have no intention of arguing here with someone with an agenda trolling on behalf of a company, employee or not.  If you see no wrong in DJI, that's your own call bud, you're welcome to sit here and google translate Hawaiian phrases all day long but that doesn't make the customer support any better.  That doesn't fix the Phantom 4Pro release, the fact that the Mavic was mishandles/calculated so poorly (nothing to do with iOS or android),  the fact that Customer Service phone support doesn't even exist for the Matrice 600.  Yup, they don't even offer phone support for the product line.  SO maybe you're right, maybe I don't know how to talk to Customer Service seeing that it doesn't exist.  Touche' mon frere. tele an*l ia oe who
One thing I will say.  For those of us who do use DJI products for professional uses,  we do in fact want them to succeed.  We are rooting for DJI to get better, and do better on the service end.   Myself like the many others that are business customers know the reality because we have had to deal with it for years.  PC vs. Mac is completely missing the point...entirely.
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Spacetrucker Posted at 2016-11-29 16:10

Well you might have a nice day to, because you will get your P4 pro on time and you will be fully loaded, with dji go 4 which was released this morning..
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 03:39
Krankie by name krankie by nature, you keep saying you want dji to be like the great Apple, well a ...

@Hallmark007 we all know you have multiple accounts and I've heard you spew this same crap on the forums under multiple names without getting involved.  I have no intention of debating with you the merits of iOS.  You are trying to make the conversation about something else  (iOS vs Android) while making stupid puns about Apples.  That's so wonderful that DJI released something when it was supposed to be released (even after issuing statement that said otherwise).  Bravo, DJI released firmware when they said they would??  Is that your argument?
Again, I believe most people are rooting for DJI and could care less about your Android vs. iOS agenda.  We literally just want our products to work as stated.   
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 03:14
Aloha Krankie,

See, you just conceded my point in the previous post.  Your problem is not wi ...

HAHAHA, my only response to this is watch the launch videos, that will answer everyone of your questions you had for me.   Also, everything you wrote is complete BS becuause DJI itself even admits they don't have customer support for the M600.  Might want to research that bud.
Mahalo
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 10:10
@Hallmark007 we all know you have multiple accounts and I've heard you spew this same crap on the  ...

You got it wrong fess up and don't be so paranoid, and accusing people of having other accounts, is just making you look silly.
You now have everything you want and your still not happy,

Argument about Android v iOS where you got that from I will never know. Delusional!!
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 04:21
You got it wrong fess up and don't be so paranoid, and accusing people of having other accounts, i ...

So you're saying you don't have two 007 accounts?  Yes or no?
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 10:24
So you're saying you don't have two 007 accounts?  Yes or no?

I absolutely 100% don't have 2 accounts, if your referring to method 007 , he lives in your country, I live in Ireland hard to be in two places at once,
When I was young my father told me , son stand up on your own two feet and get on with life, I really think you owe an apology for that one..
2016-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wow, I've never had a dream about my 5 drones or two helicopters.
I usually only dream about the loves of my life, like Vanessa Williams. Hahaha

Nothing but pleasantries and all the fun we had, last summer. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 04:29
I absolutely 100% don't have 2 accounts, if your referring to method 007 , he lives in your countr ...

Well apparently you're in Hungary, but I guess that's close ay?
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 10:39
Well apparently you're in Hungary, but I guess that's close ay?

Yes I'm in Budapest , and next week I will be in Sweden for two days ,then I return to Ireland  where I will be until next February, when I have to travel again.

I don't need to hide my existence..
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 22:48
@Crustacean,  that's really sweet of you to attack someone with Alzheimer's, or perhaps that was ju ...

Aloha Krankie,

You can deny reality all you want, but it will eventually slap you upside of the head.  If you can not see the writing on the wall by careful observation, and see past your own mistakes, blaming your mistakes on others and attacking those who point out your strategy in failure, well, it will not help, but we tried.

Just because Apple is a 600 pound gorilla does not mean you have to K I's A and ignore reality.  Sure having someone point out things you have obviously never thought of can be less than a pleasant experience.  But, should we just be quiet while you keep beating your head against a brick wall.  You problem is obvious and it is obvious to DJI.  DJI is going to improve the failings in product development that are caused by Apple.  Now, you figure out how they are going to do it since you are suffering from so much of the fallout.

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink".  If you cannot read the writing on the wall, well maybe it would help if you opened your eyes!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 23:14
HAHAHA, my only response to this is watch the launch videos, that will answer everyone of your ques ...

Aloha Krankie,

You really have problems with understanding DJI and DJI products.  The M600 is an engineering platform for industrial use.  If you are a cameraman and not an engineer, you have no business using the M600.  You are out of your league.  I am recommending the M600 for an engineering company because they do not need customer support other than the customer support provided developing DJI industrial products.  Remember the M100 working with the Oculus?  Now tell me there is no customer service.

Again you are just proving how little you understand about business, product development, customer service, engineering and half a dozen other skills.  If you were my employee and pulled your little stunt with the Ronin MX, I would have fired you on the spot!  Apparently, you have no concept.

Unless you straighten up your ducks, they are never going to get in a row.  You need help, but you seem to be alienating everyone who wants to help you.  No worries though, I will still help you, but you have to be willing to help yourself.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 05:22
Aloha Krankie,

You really have problems with understanding DJI and DJI products.  The M600 i ...

@Crustacean, thanks I'll send our engineer your regards
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 00:27
@Crustacean, thanks I'll send our engineer your regards

Aloha Krankie,

Mahalo, and while you are at it, show him the video of the Oculus and the M100.  Apparently he need to start doing his job to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

@crustacean I will be sure to include your "knowledge" via copy and paste over on the M600 forum.  I'm sure they will be happy to learn you had all the solutions all along via a demented parable.   I'm sure the fact that you are comparing the Matrice 100 w/ the 600 will really invoke confidence in them as well.  Youe parables and two cent catch phrases will surely fix the vibration, horizon, video disruption.  And though even DJI markets this drone for cinema and industrial application, you my Hawaiian friend have cracked the true code.  
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-30 18:25
@crustacean I will be sure to include your "knowledge" via copy and paste over on the M600 forum.  I ...

Your starting to sound like a very sore looser. And you've gone right of topic..
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules