Iphone and iPad holder recommendation
1216 3 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

So I got a Phantom 3 Standard while waiting for my Mavic to arrive.  Did a quick maiden flight last night and she flies great.  Waiting out the rain now to do more flights.

I'd like to get a metal holder for the iphone and ipad.  I realize I'll probably need two different holders.  But looking on ebay and other stores - a lot seem to sell the metal part and no the holders.  Can anoyone recommend a good metal holder (ideally one I wouldn't have to drill into my controller for) that will work for an iphone 7 and mayube another holder that will hold a ipad air 2?
2016-11-29
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

These mounts I ordered from eBay were plastic because I wasn't sure how they would work and they were relatively cheap.  I also wanted to test fit on one of my spare RC's to check the weight and feel before I spent money of something sturdier (and probably heavier)

Just like you I didn't want to drill any holes into the RC body so I decided to use some spare GOPRO mounts I wasn't using.  I first needed to file down the DJI logo on the RC so it would have a smoother surface.  I then attached a GOPRO FLAT mount to the RC body with the included sticky tape.  Using one of the GOPRO adapters I added a male 1/4 inch threaded adapter to fit the female threads of the 2 different tablet holders.
I tended to prefer the skinnier tablet adapter because it has two different mounting points, in the middle and at the bottom.  The middle mounting position tended to distribute the weight of the tablet and RC better while the bottom mounting position of both holders made the RC top heavy.

301_4715-13-16.jpg
2016-11-29
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

In case anybody wanted to know:

Universal Tablet Tripod Mount Adapter Bracket for iPad, Samsung Tab Smart Phone
(About $6.50 with shipping, delivery took 15 days)

For 3~13" Tablet iPad 1/4" Thread Adapter Universal Tripod Mount Holder Bracket
(About $4.50 with shipping, delivery took 17 days)

Mini Tripod Mount to Quick-Release Adapter Monopod for Gopro Hero 4/3/2 Cameras
(About $1.00 with shipping, delivery took 15 days)

2016-11-29
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

Gil Posted at 2016-11-29 14:05
These mounts I ordered from eBay were plastic because I wasn't sure how they would work and they wer ...

Very awesome looking!  And I do have tons of spare GoPro accessories since I own two GoPro's.  Will have to look at my stash and see how much I have and how much I need.

Thanks again for all the great pictures and links!
UPDATE:  Found USA shippers of similar products (same for ipad one) so will get here quicker...thanks again!
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules