Huh? Build and package quality disappointing!
4460 56 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

I ordered the Mavic Combo in the early hours of Sept 28th and got it Nov 4th. It was very well packaged and I did not note any problems with the unit I received. Maybe did not look at it with the detail that you have, but did not note any scratches or other issues. Charged the batteries and flew it a couple of days later. Very stable aircraft, usually recalibrate the compass each and every time I fly. Have not been too many places with it yet, usually along the river near home but took it on a beach holiday and flew it along the ocean as well. Takes great video, still learning how to master cinema photography.
2016-11-29
Use props
Ulfert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203005 ft
Germany

Looks fine to me. I'd guess the black fibers came from the cardboard.
When my Mavic arrived I ripped the stickers off of it, charged the batteries and the controller and fired the baby up ;)
When I look at it now it has some micro scratches and imperfections. I don't know if they where caused by me or in the factory, but I honestly don't care.

I'd rather like to take pictures with it, not of it ;)
2016-11-29
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft
United States

Ulfert Posted at 2016-11-30 06:54
Looks fine to me. I'd guess the black fibers came from the cardboard.
When my Mavic arrived I rippe ...

I bet you would feel differently had you received a refurb instead of a new unit and it crashed on flight due to no cause of your own and then had to defend your position. I suppose that's my biggest worry. New should be new, not somewhat new.
2016-11-29
Use props
Ulfert
lvl.2
Germany

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-11-30 00:32
I bet you would feel differently had you received a refurb instead of a new unit and it crashed on  ...

Did you get confirmation that it's a refurb?
From what I see on your pics I wouldn't suspect it.
To me it looks rather like  they are working with high pressure to get all the orders shipped.
2016-11-29
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
United States

Ulfert Posted at 2016-11-30 07:47
Did you get confirmation that it's a refurb?
From what I see on your pics I wouldn't suspect it.  ...

People tell me they get refurbs in better condition than this.

No, I haven't had any confirmation about anything. No response from DJI Support from my contact to them this morning.
2016-11-29
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Return it. I'm waiting for my new Mavic, it's been 2 months, if mine comes like that, I'll send it back and wait another 2-3 months if I have to. Send it back.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans83524f36
lvl.2
United States

Rick A Posted at 2016-11-29 16:23
I ordered the Mavic Combo in the early hours of Sept 28th and got it Nov 4th. It was very well packa ...

wow, im out on this one, fly aways back to china from usa , then they send you my old torn up bird as new!!! im playing my cards right, not happy about it . fffff china ,usa needs to build something. at least maybe it will fly straight!
2016-11-29
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

I do not see any instructional stickers on arms, battery on your pictures. Most likely used one. Mine came yesterday and looks very nicely assembled and all parts are fit perfectly. The only issue with power button on remote - it sticks a little bit when pressed at specific angle. It works fine though at all other angles, so it does not bother me. It will get a bit loose after some usage for sure.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be, kevinelliott.
Did you get in touch with our tech support and did it happen to generate a ticket number for you?
2016-11-30
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 19:52
I can understand how frustrating this must be, kevinelliott.
Did you get in touch with our tech supp ...

Hi Mindy. I wrote support yesterday and got automated response with request number 350830 but no one has contacted me yet. Can you assist? I'd like to confirm that this device is brand new and does not have a previous life associated with it, and also determine next steps!
2016-11-30
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

I looked over my Mavic which I got when I walked into the Apple store two weeks ago. After 50+ flights, mine doesn't have any of the scuffs, scratches, etc. that your brand new Mavic has. That is very strange indeed
2016-11-30
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
United States

Support has gotten back to me. Sent them the photos, and now awaiting some sense of what's next. Still haven't activated or flown it, but I sure do want to.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-11-30 22:25
Hi Mindy. I wrote support yesterday and got automated response with request number 350830 but no o ...

I've checked your ticket, please follow the email and provide your information.
They will help to follow up your case.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2016-11-30
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

let us know what they said, this could be a bombshell if they just ship out used or refurbished units
2016-11-30
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

updates? any info
2016-12-8
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
United States

Hey everyone, my apologies for the delay in updating all of you.

I was so frustrated with the whole Mavic launch and dealing with the condition of the Mavic once I got it that I took a week or two to bury myself in work.

DJI support wrote me back saying the common "we're sorry about that and understand" and asked if I wanted to exchange it. I wrote back asking why my Mavic came back that way and how long an exchange would take, and when they wrote back they said it would take a month to get a replacement to me. Following that, they said it wasn't possible that it was a refurbished unit (though I doubt they had access to a raw history of the drone's full moment by moment life on hand) because they don't yet sell refurbs...

That left me feeling pretty unhappy. I've since just decided to fly it, and it has been fine in the air for about an hour or so. I haven't felt great about pushing it, so I haven't. My Inspires get more airtime, and sadly I don't feel great about DJI considering the 2+ months of negative experiences (DroneHome stuff, poor condition for "new" Mavic, delays, and lack of communication).

I'm sure there are thousands of great experiences by others at this point, and I don't expect mine to have had any negative impact on their business. This is likely why they also don't really care about my situation...

Hope everyone else has been getting their birds and having fun?
2016-12-19
Use props
Ulfert
lvl.2
Germany

I received and unpacked a new unit today (issues with the camera) and it looked almost exactly like yours.

I still believe that this is normal and that there are no irregularities with your unit.
The pictures you showed us are good quality close-ups wich may have lead to an exaggerated perception of the little imperfections of your specimen.
My estimation is that you can trust your Mavic as much as another.

I hope with time you will forget your initial worries and just have fun with your Mavic.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules