Mavic Pro Video Problem - Shaking / Vibration - What to do?
12Next >
23353 64 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi DJI, hi together,

I did have the first time problem in a video with picture shaking / vibrations. I did not have that in my previous about 10 to 15 videos
and did not have it in another testvideo.

Anyways I am afraid, that this happens again, if not directly then may be in a holiday video, which would be more than unlucky.

https://youtu.be/_pjjvRb29F4

What are your recommendations, to do?

Thx and KR
Peter
2016-11-29
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue and checked the gimbal to make sure it was not contacting any part of the drone body.  Without starting the Mavic, turn it over and ensure the gimbal tabs are below the retaining tabs.  DJI produced a video on what to look for in that instance.  Apparently if the gimbal touches the drone body it will induce this vibration into your video.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

rapcon Posted at 2016-11-29 19:23
I had this issue and checked the gimbal to make sure it was not contacting any part of the drone bod ...

Hi rapcon,

sorry forgot to note that. I know about this issue and I know the video. Both two front tabs are below and the rear tab is also below. Gimbal moves easy and free.

Peter
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Peter, please record more videos and check if this happen occasionally.
Keep us posted.
2016-11-30
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

I did have again the same problem today in 1 out of 3 videos

Please advise
2016-11-30
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi DJI Mindy,

do you need more videos showing this problem, or do you have any ideas why to do?

Thx and KR
2016-12-1
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

What have the 2 videos to do with the actual problem I posted?

DJI Mandy, please let me know your suggestions.

2016-12-1
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-2 15:32

DJI Mandy, please let me know your s ...

Yeah,those videos have nothing to do with your question, that clown just troll-posts that crap all over the forum and goes on long rants in broken english. He popped up like jock itch last week and has been getting increasingly worse. It's getting annoying, and I'm hoping the mods take care of it soon.
2016-12-1
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

He's probably just doing it for attention and youtube hits

Anyway What sd card, fps and resolution are you using?
2016-12-2
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi FlameBoy,

I am using 2,7K 25fps and a SanDisk Ultra Extreme Pro with 95mb/s
2016-12-2
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-11-29 12:41
Hi rapcon,

sorry forgot to note that. I know about this issue and I know the video. Both two fron ...

I had a similar issue with my very first two videos.  I checked the gimbal for contact with the Mavic frame and recalibrated the gimbal through the App.  My third video was flawless; also I started the Mavic without removing the gimbal retainer so if you have done that and received a warning in the app, I would recommend calibration of the gimbal under those circumstances.  It is easy to forget that retainer clip, so a preflight checklist I'm going to put in the bag until I catch up with doing that as a routine.
2016-12-2
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi rapcon, I will do so and make a gimbal calibration and try again.

Let me give you a tipp as well, to remind at least newbies like me, to take of the gimbal retainer ans to focus.

2016-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-2 15:32

DJI Mandy, please let me know your s ...

Sorry for the late reply. You can click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.
Did you fly against the wind?
Please test more, and if this happen frequently, it's better to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-12-4
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Mindy,

as recommended from DJI Online Support I performed an IMU calibration (cold and directly after switch on on a flat water leveled table), gimbal calibration and a compass calibration (no key, no mobil phone in a free landscape) and as you can see in the below video from toady it is actually not getting better (nice day, nearly n wind and not flying against wind)

From my view it needs to be sent in ;-( or do you have any other recommendations?
2016-12-4
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Mindy,

may I please ask for you reply?

Thx
2016-12-5
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Mindy,

attached video nr. 4, showing problem on the right side

--> no wind at all, no moving at the first 13 seconds
--> then flying wth Tapfly and only 5Mph (no stick moving) starting second 22

Please let me know next steps ???
2016-12-5
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-2 07:45
Hi FlameBoy,

I am using 2,7K 25fps and a SanDisk Ultra Extreme Pro with 95mb/s

Hi, I have the same issue and did't notice your post before(sorry for duplicating): http://forum.dji.com/thread-74837-1-1.html

I am using the same SD card -- Is that the problem of the SanDisk card?
2016-12-5
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

No, I don`t think it is a SD card issue with SanDisk, have made a note in your post as well and will watch DJIs reply, as it looks like a lot of people have this problem

Waiting for a reply from Mindy / DJI in my post for next steps
2016-12-5
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-5 14:06
No, I don`t think it is a SD card issue with SanDisk, have made a note in your post as well and will watch DJIs reply, as it looks like a lot of people have this problem

Waiting for a reply from Mindy / DJI in my post for next steps

um.... I want to know why it wasn't shaky before (as you mentioned previous 10~15 vids didn't have this issue). If this is not a hardware issue, I don't want to get a replacement as it is too troublesome and I like my Mavic.

I also see a option in `Gimbal Settings` -- `Advanced Settings` -- `Gimbal Pitch Smoothness`. Don't know if this option has anything to do with the shake.
2016-12-5
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

I use the SD Card from the very beginning and I did everything DJI asked me to do, which is to make a IMU calibration, Gimbal calibration followed by a compass calibration. I flew without having a wind, I flew with Tapfly without any sharp movements or stopings.

And the Mavic is to expensive for me, to live with these kind of issues, so I hope to get a information from DJI how to proceed soon!
2016-12-5
Use props
Evan8tr
lvl.2
United States

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-5 10:45
Hi, I have the same issue and did't notice your post before(sorry for duplicating): http://forum.dji.com/thread-74837-1-1.html

I am using the same SD card -- Is that the problem of the SanDisk card?

Im having the same problem with the San Disk card. However, I tried a different brand and the problem still persisted.
2016-12-5
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

Evan8tr Posted at 2016-12-5 14:54
Im having the same problem with the San Disk card. However, I tried a different brand and the problem still persisted.

Sorry to hear that you joined our `jerk league`. If this is a universal issue, DJI has to address it.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-5 20:09
Hi Mindy,

may I please ask for you reply?

Hi Peter, since you didn't click the reply button. I can't see you are responding to me.
One more thing, please make sure you had removed all of the sticker on the gimbal and you are flying in P mode.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-5
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 04:14
Hi Peter, since you didn't click the reply button. I can't see you are responding to me.
One more thing, please make sure you had removed all of the sticker on the gimbal and you are flying in P mode.
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.

Hi Mindy,

sorry for not replying, I did not know that. Yes all stickers are removed and I flew in P mode.
Will provide email as requested

Thx
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-6 15:21
Hi Mindy,

sorry for not replying, I did not know that. Yes all stickers are removed and I flew in P mode.

Thank you for your cooperation. :-)
2016-12-5
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue and have done everything as well, calibration, check the parts, change props, etc. and none of it worked it still does it every flight and therefore it has to be a problem with the gimbal so I just had to send in a repair request so looks like I will be out of a drone for at least a couple weeks while they try to figure out whats wrong with it. Unfortunately there are A LOT of people who have this same issue and nobody has been able to fix it. Your probably going to have to send your Mavic in for repair. Here's the video of my problem
2016-12-13
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi, Just saw your post. I meanwhile did send my Mavioc in for repair and received it back last Monday. Because of the weather conditions, I did not have had a chance to make some testvideos. Hope you get your drone in a good condition back soon
2016-12-22
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

#LehuaTeam Posted at 2016-12-13 17:12
I'm having the same issue and have done everything as well, calibration, check the parts, change props, etc. and none of it worked it still does it every flight and therefore it has to be a problem with the gimbal so I just had to send in a repair request so looks like I will be out of a drone for at least a couple weeks while they try to figure out whats wrong with it. Unfortunately there are A LOT of people who have this same issue and nobody has been able to fix it. Your probably going to have to send your Mavic in for repair. Here's the video of my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDbClYruSQI

27#
Hi, Just saw your post. I meanwhile did send my Mavioc in for repair and received it back last Monday. Because of the weather conditions, I did not have had a chance to make some testvideos. Hope you get your drone in a good condition back soon
2016-12-22
Use props
PJV2YU9uHiYd
lvl.1

Germany

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-22 09:33
27#

Hey Petbrit,
I'm facing a similar problem with my mavic. I also conducted the tips that I received from the DJI guys, but it is still not solved. Additionally it seems to be different each time I'm flying. Sometimes there are just small shakes and sometimes there is a constant shake from left to right and vice versa, which is only getting better when I'm doing the gimbal calibration multiple (!) times.

So my question to you is: Could you experience any improvement in the meantime? How long did it take to get your mavic back?
2016-12-24
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

PJV2YU9uHiYd Posted at 2016-12-24 14:01
Hey Petbrit,
I'm facing a similar problem with my mavic. I also conducted the tips that I received from the DJI guys, but it is still not solved. Additionally it seems to be different each time I'm flying. Sometimes there are just small shakes and sometimes there is a constant shake from left to right and vice versa, which is only getting better when I'm doing the gimbal calibration multiple (!) times.

Hi, sorry that you have similar problems. The roundtrip for repair in Netherlands did take 12 days, which is I think very quick. Today I have had the chance to make a second test flight and I am quit happy with the results as of today. Hope it stays in that way.
2016-12-24
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

#LehuaTeam Posted at 2016-12-13 17:12
I'm having the same issue and have done everything as well, calibration, check the parts, change props, etc. and none of it worked it still does it every flight and therefore it has to be a problem with the gimbal so I just had to send in a repair request so looks like I will be out of a drone for at least a couple weeks while they try to figure out whats wrong with it. Unfortunately there are A LOT of people who have this same issue and nobody has been able to fix it. Your probably going to have to send your Mavic in for repair. Here's the video of my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDbClYruSQI

Hi , see my feedback in the above post
2016-12-24
Use props
StanKC
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 00:34
Thank you for your cooperation. :-)

DJI Mindy,

Can I recommend 2 stickied threads on the top of the forum so you can gather better data?

1 will be for wavy recording

1 will be for shaky gimbal.

I have been searching this forum for help and so far found nothing.   I am impact by the latter.  Gimbal tends to shake with or without the dome attached.   Most of the time is drone changing direction of travel.

I think that will help people with issue to post in one thread and may help each other or you out in finding any common ground shared.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StanKC Posted at 2016-12-25 03:16
DJI Mindy,

Can I recommend 2 stickied threads on the top of the forum so you can gather better data?

Hello StanKC, did you follow the video tutorial to check if the gimbal is placed well?

I think it's probably a hardware issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

I must be blind, I cant see any of that what you speak of... although I do see it in post #26
2016-12-27
Use props
Mojo-x
lvl.1

Germany

Petbrit Posted at 2016-12-24 06:51
Hi, sorry that you have similar problems. The roundtrip for repair in Netherlands did take 12 days, which is I think very quick. Today I have had the chance to make a second test flight and I am quit happy with the results as of today. Hope it stays in that way.

Thanks for your reply. I think I will send it in for repair if it is that fast.
2017-1-7
Use props
dubz1
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-5 19:14
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.

hi mindy I'm having the same problem with my mavic but my video is much worse.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dubz1 Posted at 2017-1-19 13:31
hi mindy I'm having the same problem with my mavic but my video is much worse. Mavic Shake

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Were you flying in P mode?
2017-1-20
Use props
Mojo-x
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-20 02:41
Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Were you flying in P mode?

Hey,
so I sent in my Mavic and they confirmed that it is a warranty case. After getting it back after 2 weeks, I did the first test flight and I'm kind of frustrated as there are still a lot of shakes. It is slightly better than before but still inacceptable. I'm not sure what they repaired, because I didn't get any repair-details.
By the way I find it also inacceptable that the customer of such a high priced product is supposed to pay for the shipment to DJI, even if it is a confirmed warranty-case. If the manufacturer fails to deliver a well-working product, why has the customer to pay for shipment?

Don't get me wrong, I don't adress here anyone personally, except DJI as a company. And at this point I'm really frustrated as I have a malfunctioning product from day 1 on.
Any ideas on how to prevent the shakes?

Here is a video I took today AFTER the mavic came back from repair:
https://youtu.be/NtQ_4sm89zM
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mojo-x Posted at 2017-2-1 08:38
Hey,
so I sent in my Mavic and they confirmed that it is a warranty case. After getting it back after 2 weeks, I did the first test flight and I'm kind of frustrated as there are still a lot of shakes. It is slightly better than before but still inacceptable. I'm not sure what they repaired, because I didn't get any repair-details.
By the way I find it also inacceptable that the customer of such a high priced product is supposed to pay for the shipment to DJI, even if it is a confirmed warranty-case. If the manufacturer fails to deliver a well-working product, why has the customer to pay for shipment?

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-2-4
Use props
Mojo-x
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-4 02:57
Sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.

Yep, it is CAS-406777-D2K1T7.
Thanks for your reply
2017-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules