What happens if my smartphone rings when controlling my Mavic?
4787 7 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3ccb8147
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Should I put the phone in Airplane mode?  What would be the action of the Mavic if a call comes in durring flight?
2016-11-29
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

Then, the caller can share ur screen
2016-11-29
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

On iOS, incoming calls put dji go into the background and it's very annoying.
I go with do not disturb mode, since I don't get interruptions but I can still access maps.
2016-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Just put it into airplane mode..
2016-11-29
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

If you are in airplane mode then you can't use mobile data, correct?  I thought it was a benefit to be able to use mobile data for maps and some of the modes.
2016-11-29
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-29 14:54
Just put it into airplane mode..

Do not Disturb mode on iOS is a better option than airplane mode as you can still use the GPS for maps and resetting the RTH point. However it is also a good idea to turn wifi/bluetooth off just to minimize any chance of signal interference.
2016-11-29
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

How about you just fly your Mavic and get someone to call you and take a video of that, it would be good to know whether your Mavic will do a runner.
2016-11-29
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

"What would be the action of the Mavic if a call comes in during flight?"
No effect assuming you have a decent smartphone. Calls workl fine and have no effect on my Mavic midflight using my S7 edge phone. With android the call notification is a neat little border across the top of the screen atop the DGI GO status line. Everything below it is clearly visible and still easy to see what is going on.   It also conventeintly provides a speakerphone prompt which I use so no need to move the phone from flight stance.  I have taken several inbound calls while my Mavic is mid flight with no adverse effects whatsoever.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules