Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Footage Not in SD Card
13889 28 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I shot a couple of videos on water with my Mavic Pro for the last day of my thanksgiving trip yesterday, but when I got home,  only some of the videos appeared in the SD card.

In more details:
1. I had no reception at the place I flew
2. Maybe because of no reception, I did not get any Mavic footages on the DJI app (even ones that appeared in the SD card)
3. I double checked the recording button every time
4. It seems like about 7/10 of the footages I shot were in the SD card, but the rest (2 of my favorites) DID NOT appear.

I'm really upset since I had just returned home this morning and likely will not be able to do it again anytime soon.

Has anyone experienced something similar, and/or found a solution to this problem?

PS Im going to try a file recovery software tonight and see if it works.
2016-11-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Were you sure you pressed record every time? If you had no reception, how did you frame your shots?
2016-11-29
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

I double checked / triple checked every time.  I can't say "definitely" but I am 90% confident.  The stream does not travel through cellular data.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-29 15:29
Were you sure you pressed record every time? If you had no reception, how did you frame your shots?

The stream does not travel through cellular data.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Federicoli Posted at 2016-11-30 02:46
The stream does not travel through cellular data.

I don't understand. if you have control over your drone, you have an image on your screen.
2016-11-29
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-30 11:09
I don't understand. if you have control over your drone, you have an image on your screen.

Hmm, perhaps we had a bit of misunderstanding?  I had control over my drone, and had a live feed of the camera view on my phone (hence able to frame my shots).  However, some (not all) of the videos I had captured did not show up in the SD card.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, did you use the original SD card?  What about the photos?
Please save your video file first, then format the SD card and record some videos again.
Please let me know the videos you lost are most recent ones or earlier ones.
2016-11-30
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When recording video always give it a minute or so to clear buffered data and close the file - stop recording well before you shut off.
This might explain missing files if you shut down 2 or 3 times.
2016-11-30
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 17:12
Please save your video file first, th ...

Thanks for the help Mindy.  I did not take may photos that day, but I did capture other videos.  The ones that were lost are not the most recent ones - I believe they are the first few (maybe 2 out of the first 3 videos).   I will try to formate the card and see what happens when I get home tonight.
2016-11-30
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

4wd Posted at 2016-11-30 22:20
When recording video always give it a minute or so to clear buffered data and close the file - stop  ...

Thanks a lot for the input! Is this something you've experienced before?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Federicoli Posted at 2016-12-1 07:45
Thanks for the help Mindy.  I did not take may photos that day, but I did capture other videos.  T ...

Thanks for your cooperation. Please keep us posted.
2016-11-30
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

I had a similar issue earlier as posted on this thread. basically it did not save any video files on my SD card but I got the downstream 720p version on my phone.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72841-1-1.html
2016-11-30
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

Albatross911 Posted at 2016-12-1 14:54
I had a similar issue earlier as posted on this thread. basically it did not save any video files on ...

Unfortunately my DJI app ran out of cache and I didn't turn on the option that allows the app to automatically delete older cached files
2016-11-30
Use props
Federicoli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 12:21
Thanks for your cooperation. Please keep us posted.

Hi Mindy, I tried the following things
1) Re-booted my Mavic, shot a few videos, turned it off and plugged in the SD card
2) Formatted the SD card
3) Used a file recovery tool
Unfortunately, none of these worked..

It seems like some others have faced the same problems before.  Any insights into why it happened and how we can avoid them in the future?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Federicoli Posted at 2016-12-1 15:55
Hi Mindy, I tried the following things
1) Re-booted my Mavic, shot a few videos, turned it off an ...

Sorry for the late reply.
Do you mean after formating SD card you will still lose some videos?
2016-12-4
Use props
usercc234eca6b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27464 ft
United Kingdom

I have two keys problems too.  The video I captured is not showing on the card.  But in properties I can see that the 16gb card is 50% full, eg 8gb of memory used, but no video files.  This would equate to the 10- 12 min flight time of video.  Secondly my mobile used to store the video files but this has stopped, therefore I cannot see the video  now.  This would be unacceptable on a commercial job.
2016-12-5
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

usercc234eca6b Posted at 2016-12-6 03:13
I have two keys problems too.  The video I captured is not showing on the card.  But in properties I can see that the 16gb card is 50% full, eg 8gb of memory used, but no video files.  This would equate to the 10- 12 min flight time of video.  Secondly my mobile used to store the video files but this has stopped, therefore I cannot see the video  now.  This would be unacceptable on a commercial job.

I had the same problem reported earlier and that time I had the 720p version on my phone to use. Didn't find any way to recover the lost files on the SD card.

Saving the 720p version is inconsistent. Just last Sunday I got 8 clips on the SD card but only 2 saved on my phone. Don't know the logic of that...
2016-12-5
Use props
MJS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3082612 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 01:12
Please save your video file first, then format the SD card and record some videos again.
Please let me know the videos you lost are most recent ones or earlier ones.

Mindy,
I'm having the same problem, with footage I shot today and that is not showing up on my card - no videos or photos. They are captured on my iPad that was used for controlling the Mavic. And the Micro SD card shows that it has 26Gb used when reviewed in Diskutility - so something is there, but it is not accesible in the Mac Finder...
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJS Posted at 2016-12-30 14:19
Mindy,
I'm having the same problem, with footage I shot today and that is not showing up on my card - no videos or photos. They are captured on my iPad that was used for controlling the Mavic. And the Micro SD card shows that it has 26Gb used when reviewed in Diskutility - so something is there, but it is not accesible in the Mac Finder...

Can you try a PC, it may be a setting on your Mac, it works fine on my Macbook.
If a PC doesn't work there's a slim possibility it may be the camera.
2016-12-30
Use props
MJS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3082612 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 14:25
Can you try a PC, it may be a setting on your Mac, it works fine on my Macbook.
If a PC doesn't work there's a slim possibility it may be the camera.

Ken,
I found the files using a utility called Disk Drill. So they were there but not accesible prior to using Disk Drill
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJS Posted at 2016-12-30 22:20
Ken,
I found the files using a utility called Disk Drill. So they were there but not accesible prior to using Disk Drill

I see, good to hear.Thanks for posting, I wouldn't think the camera would have a recording issue.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans14b16605
New
Japan

MJS Posted at 2016-12-30 22:20
Ken,

Hey what exactly did you do in Disk Drill? because ive had exactly the same problem but so far in disk drill its just found all my files i had previously deleted.
2017-4-20
Use props
Ecraft
New
Flight distance : 41332 ft
New Zealand

Albatross911 Posted at 2016-12-5 19:43

I had the same problem reported earlier and that time I had the 720p version on my phone to use. Didn't find any way to recover the lost files on the SD card.

HI there, did you ever manage to recover the lost files at full resolution? i am having the sam problem.
I was glad to recover the lost files in the dji app cache but it is really not the same in post processing at only 720p.
thankyou.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ecraft Posted at 2017-10-17 23:29
HI there, did you ever manage to recover the lost files at full resolution? i am having the sam problem.
I was glad to recover the lost files in the dji app cache but it is really not the same in post processing at only 720p.
thankyou.

I had replied your original post, please help to confirm.
2017-10-18
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the problem before as well. Did you skip sequences on the card? I was missing an important sequence, but the others were on the card. So, I have DJI_185.mp4 and DJI_187.mp4, but not DJI_186.mp4.
2017-10-18
Use props
Tertius Jordaan
New

South Africa

Hi All

When i record footage on my SD card it all disappears when i restart the drone for the next flight. E.g Recorder 4 clips and when flying again it will erase the previous session's clips one by one as i record new clips until the current session's clips are the only ones's on SD card. Have lost such great foootage over time and only realize now what happens. Anyone experienced the same?.
2017-11-3
Use props
ZOID
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15246 ft
France

fans14b16605 Posted at 2017-4-20 06:55
Hey what exactly did you do in Disk Drill? because ive had exactly the same problem but so far in disk drill its just found all my files i had previously deleted.

Did you actually manage to recover the files in Disk Drill?
2017-12-14
Use props
ZOID
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15246 ft
France

I found them using Disk Inventory X.    They were in the trash!! In the original Folder.  NOTE TO ALL.  Dont format the cards on your computer.  Always format them in the Mavic....   Lesson learned.  No harm done luckily.
2017-12-14
Use props
daqyvuvabi
New

United States

You can try an SD card recovery software[/url] to give a try. Just connect the SD card to the computer and launch the data recovery software to scan. It supports to preview the lost mp4 video in the software, you can play it and check whether the videos are exactly you need. The last but important thing is to save the video to the computer but not back to SD card.

Try this r-datarecovery.com and good lucks.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules