DJI Go 4 Warning Message
3027 22 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgrosvold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 841929 ft
United States

I just installed DG4 on my Samsung S6 and the first thing after tapping "Enter Device"  (renamed from "Camera") I see is an warning message that v3.1.0(9)  doesn't display.  It's states that "Your mobile phone Wi-Fi is of  2.4Ghz, conflicting with remote controller.  Disable WiFi or."      The message is incomplete as it  doesn't display any more text after the word "or."

I guess it's not a problem to disable Wi-Fi but I have never seen the  message using v3 and I've had no trouble flying my Mavic so I kind of doubt there  is actually a conflict .  Anybody have a clue as to why DG4 thinks  there's a problem with my phone's WiFi signal?                                                

Wi Fi Warning message

Wi Fi Warning message
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message here?
2016-11-30
Use props
mgrosvold
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 02:04
Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message here?

added screenshot to original post
2016-11-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the way it leaves us hanging.
2016-11-30
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-30 11:01
I love the way it leaves us hanging.

I don't understand.  What do you
2016-11-30
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-30 19:13
I don't understand.  What do you

Classy ... i see what you ...
2016-11-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are 6 wires on the warhead, to stop the count down cut the...
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

If you guys don't stop posting like this I'm going to have to
2016-11-30
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

Bahaha... That was actually quite funny lol. I also saw this message on DG4. maybe this could cause interference with the controller.... makes sense... if you don't need wifi... turn it off, just eliminates
2016-11-30
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Makes sense since the Mavic controller only uses 2.4ghz and not 2.4 + 5 like the Phantoms
2016-11-30
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

When I fly my racing quad I leave my phone in the car or turn off wifi because my quad twitches like crazy when I have my phone with me with wifi on. It's the same with rc planes cars boats etc.
2016-11-30
Use props
Tells
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

...else!

That was the ending of the warning.
2016-11-30
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Would it work to put the phone in Airplane mode?
2016-11-30
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fschilder Posted at 2016-11-30 20:55

Yes it would that's what I've done
2016-11-30
Use props
mgrosvold
lvl.2
United States

fschilder Posted at 2016-11-30 14:55

Yes & No:  Yes because Wi Fi is turned off when device is placed into Airplane Mode.   No as Wi Fi can be on turned back on while the phone  remains in Airplane Mode.  So just because the device is in Airplane Mode doesn't necessarily mean Wi Fi is off.  Probably best to simply turn off WiFi.  
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mgrosvold Posted at 2016-12-1 02:55
added screenshot to original post

You could try to disable the WiFi on your mobile device.
We had reported this and will get it improved.
2016-11-30
Use props
mgrosvold
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 00:49
You could try to disable the WiFi on your mobile device or change it to 5.8G on the APP page.
Plea ...

Selecting "Custom" on my "Image Transmission Settings" screen does not bring up any options as shown on your screen shot.  The only change I see is the "Auto" box turns white and the "Custom" box turns blue.  Absolutely no other changes or options for changing frequency appear on the screen.  
Regarding your suggestion to simply turn off WiFi, it has been reported by me as well as others that does eliminate the warning.  The question still remains, why is that warning showing up in v4 when we never saw it in v3.  Is it a valid warning?  If so, should it have been a warning in V3 as well?  What has changed?  Also, the message appears to be incomplete.  What are the missing words at the end of the

And why do I see magenta colored borders on some of your menu items.  You don't see that on mine.  I am using the Android version.  Are you or are you using the IOS version?

Image Transmission Screen

Image Transmission Screen
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mgrosvold Posted at 2016-12-1 22:35
Selecting "Custom" on my "Image Transmission Settings" screen does not bring up any options as show ...

Sorry for the misleading.
The screenshot is for P4P.
You could try to disable the wifi on your mobile device.
2016-12-1
Use props
mgrosvold
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 21:30
Sorry for the misleading.
The screenshot is for P4P.
You could try to disable the wifi on your mob ...

Now you're just plain frustrating me.  Please carefully read my and other's prior posts.  We've known all along and have reported that turning off WiFi eliminates the warning.  My question has been and remains why is this a new warning in V4?  If it is true that WiFi interferes with the controller, why did we not see a similar warning in V3??  Also, please tell us what the missing words are at the end of the warning message.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mgrosvold Posted at 2016-12-2 11:57
Now you're just plain frustrating me.  Please carefully read my and other's prior posts.  We've kn ...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Mgrosvold.
We've double checked this case, the message will not have negative influence on its function, and we will improve it soon, please do not worry about it.
2016-12-2
Use props
mgrosvold
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-2 06:08
We've double checked this case, the message will not ...

Thank you for your answer Mindy.  I'm sure that warning message is not the biggest issue the DJI Go team has to deal with so I appreciate their attention to it.
2016-12-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-2 04:08
We've double checked this case, the message will not have negative influence on its function, and we will improve it soon, please do not worry about it.

Mindy, I have noticed in the latest version of the GO 4 app, I no longer get the wifi error message if I forget to turn the wifi off.  Does this mean that it is now safe to fly with the wifi left on or should I still continue to turn it off on the phone.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-5 23:57
Mindy, I have noticed in the latest version of the GO 4 app, I no longer get the wifi error message if I forget to turn the wifi off.  Does this mean that it is now safe to fly with the wifi left on or should I still continue to turn it off on the phone.

Yes Jenee, the error has been fixed. Please don't worry about it.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules