Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU CALIBRATION
1534 8 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So what was the finial answer about IMU calibration on the mavic .. do we calibrate out the box? And after firmware??  Or only went prompted ?
2016-11-30
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

Search engine is your friend....
2016-11-30
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I've seen all three answers, but I believe someone from DJI on here said, only if prompted to. I'll go with that until told differently.
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Doing an IMU will not make your aircraft fly worse , if done correctly, you will be prompted if your aircraft needs an IMU calibration, you can also check in the app the little green slider will tell you how good your IMU is.
I would recommend after a heavy landing or crash to de definitely do IMU .
2016-11-30
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

What I've seen from DJI reps is to do it only when requested by a tech or by the app, since it was done at the factory. For instance, I was asked to do it as part of troubleshooting a gimbal problem. There is no benefit to doing it otherwise.
2016-11-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

I don't want to start a new thread on IMU calibration, as there are enough already, but I have a question on how the calibration should be done. This question is posed in the light of having read the manual and watched DJI's own video on IMU calibration and others on the net. In the final part of calibration you place the mavic on its rear end standing up. This position gives about a 15 to 20 degree inclination tilted backwards. Will this matter, or should the mavic be held in an upright position as I've seen on an independent (but trusted) tutorial. The DJI tutorial shows no attempt to set the drone in a vertical position in this last stage of calibration. What thoughts from some of the more seasoned members and admins on this procedure.
2016-11-30
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

rick39 Posted at 2016-11-30 11:39
I don't want to start a new thread on IMU calibration, as there are enough already, but I have a que ...

Rick,

I was curious about the same exact thing! I've seen it done both ways but the DJI video shows it resting on its end. Id like to know the answer as well. Thanks for bringing it up.

Jerry
2016-11-30
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Latest Batches ( atleast mine) from Nov 24th Shipment Date ) came with latest firmware already installed. So i just did the RC and Compass Cal only
2016-11-30
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

If I'm going to do the IMU calibration, I would take my water level and make sure that the table I use is completely flat.
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules