3190 16 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
torsir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 438816 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sorry for just another thread, but I think it's about time somebody from DJI now gives us a straight answer how to fix this!

This is my story so far:
Gimbal setup is singel operated. S900 with A2 V2.4 and Futaba 14SG, no lightbridge and no AVL58 Tilt, pan and shutter was ok with V2.2, but after update nothing worked and the camera was facing down after calibration. I did the update one more time and also updatet the IMU. This solved the problem, but my shutter is still dead. My camera has the latest firmware.(2.2)

All channels ar mapped ok and respond in DJI assistant and radio when switches are flipped.

- DJI told me to downgrade, first try several times in assistant 1.4, they said firmware V2.2 will show up after a lot of refreshes, that did not happend.
- Then DJI told me to use DJI Assistant 1.2 and do the same thing as above, I did but no downgrade aviable. The V2.4 firmware shows up every time.
- They told me to try in different MODES so i did, still no shutter.
- DJI told me a fix was released the 4th feb so I downloaded a fresh copy of DJI assistant last weekend and did several new updates. Still no shutter. The firmware still comes up with V2.4.
- When gimbal is connected to PC the DJI asstistant changes gimbal type to BMPCC, why? Could that be an issue?
- FPV Whiteout appears often

So now what? What am i doing wrong here? Do i have to change my wiring? Do I have to change the mapping? My GCU CAN-Bus port is connected to the CAN 1 port of the A2 flight controller, as release note says it should be. To me it seems pretty damn sure somthing must be wrong with the V2.4 firmware, so why cant they fix this?

Can you give me a straight answer? So far DJI Support Europe has told me only to downgrade or upgrade. The fact is my $2,500 gimbal is useless!

2015-2-10
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

And of course i now got a new response from DJIsupport, they told me to contact dealer for gimbal repair/service

Guess I'll mount my Hero4 on the S900, at least the flight time will be longer...
2015-2-10
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.2

Austria

Hi!
First connect gimbal with Assistant Software and see if you can move your SHUT Channel via your Remote
If yes, its very important that channel AUX1 is ON. If not Shutter will not work.
2015-2-10
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.2

Austria

i am not sure what you mean with whiteout appears often.
But it could be the known problem of the hdmi converters are not working under 4 celsius temperature.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-2-10
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hi,
The latest 1.2 CMU has fixed this issue, please use 1.4 Assistant to update that
2015-2-10
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.2

Austria

As he wrote he already did the updates.
The only solution for the HDMI Problem is to send Zenmuse in factory for repair at the moment
2015-2-10
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

stpfl.gmx Posted at 2015-2-10 17:15
Hi!
First connect gimbal with Assistant Software and see if you can move your SHUT Channel via your  ...

Hi!
Thanks for response
My shut is moving, but AUX1 is dead. Should AUX1 connect to A2 with servocabel? In case, where?
2015-2-10
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

stpfl.gmx Posted at 2015-2-10 17:17
i am not sure what you mean with whiteout appears often.
But it could be the known problem of the h ...

Im not sure if this is the same thing, but I have seen many having same problem. If i reboot s900 a couple of times it's usually fix the problem.
2015-2-10
Use props
stpfl.gmx
lvl.2

Austria

i had to connect AUX1 to set it to ON. If AUX1 is on Position Off (Left) shutter is not working on my gimbal.
Try this out - its not in the manual
2015-2-11
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i tryed since end of November with different things. nothing helped only the old GCU software helped for the shutter issue. But for the video in colder conditions +2° it starts with no image. There is a new IMU board and pitch wiring
2015-2-11
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

problem fixed

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-2-12
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

ducpeter Posted at 2015-2-13 06:51
problem fixed

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2680&extra=page%3D1&la ...

So I guess this confirmes shutter issue is in the firmware

Downgraded both GCUs to V1.6. Advised customer to keep it at this level until new FW is available."

Why cant they make downgrade option aviable?

Well, I'll ship mine for repair today...
2015-2-12
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

there is no way to downgrade, you have to ship it or change the GCU

my one was replaced 4 weeks ago from DJI support in 2 days, very quick
2015-2-13
Use props
nfc1965.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

ducpeter Posted at 2015-2-13 17:01

my one was replaced 4 weeks ag ...

Hi, any news from dji to upgrade the firmware and resolve the remote shut ? Thanks
2015-3-6
Use props
nfc1965.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

ducpeter Posted at 2015-2-13 17:01

my one was replaced 4 weeks ag ...

Didi you sent only the GCU TO DJI? The other gimball components are with last firmware versions? To resume you only donwgrade the GCU version,  unnistall and intall again, and everything rest are with last version but now with remote shot working . Can you confirm this? Thanks in advance.
2015-3-8
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

they send me an GCU. It was impossible to downgrade the GCU to 1.6
i send 2 weeks later my GH4 gimbal to DJI europe, i had no video in cold conditions and the changed the board, pitch wiring and HDMI wire. It was working until -3°C more test wasn't now its to warm
2015-3-8
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

UPDATE: After 1,5 month my gimbal came back with new GCU, everything is working fine now. I will NEVER update it again
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules