Cannot update to 1.02.0602 from 1.02.0503 using DJI Assistant 2 o...
1120 4 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

I'm having problems updating my new P4 to the latest firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (v 1.07).

When I first went into the app, it seemed to "automatically" go into updating to 1.02.0503 (don't know if I had some mouse/keystroke buffered up, but I didn't even see the firmware list screen, just went into updating).

Updated to 1.02.0503 fine.

Now, when I try to update to 1.02.0602, the download went ok, but when trying to send the file to the P4, it waits for a minute or two at 0%, then I get a "Update Failed", and a "Note: Restart Phantom 4 before updating the firmware".  Attempting a retry results in the same thing.

I've powered down, and then repowered the P4 several times, restarted the Mac, and the Assistant app, nothing seems to work, and I keep getting the same error/message.

Should I remove the downloaded firmware (location?), and allow it to be downloaded again, and re-attempt?

2016-11-30
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

I will add that I've just attempted with an MS Surface Pro 4 (Win10), installed Assistant 2 on it, and attempted firmware update.  It was successful with this combination.

The Mac app (or the download file itself) has some issue.  I can definitely say that the Mac app is very "un-Mac like".  When running, does not display in the Dock when running, and there is NO menu displayed.  Cannot use CMD-Q to quit the app, must click on the Window close button, and then will get the confirmation if I want to quit the app.  
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry about that, I'm glad you were able to get it updated.
You can also update through the GO app and that's probably the quickest and easiest way.
2016-11-30
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 09:46
I am sorry about that, I'm glad you were able to get it updated.
You can also update through the GO  ...

Unless I'm doing it wrong - the Go App (V4) doesn't show that there's an update available.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tundrwd Posted at 2016-11-30 10:54
Unless I'm doing it wrong - the Go App (V4) doesn't show that there's an update available.

The latest firmware is 1.2.602.
In the General Settings, scroll down to About and it will list the firmware the aircraft is on.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20161108.pdf
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules