Tile gps tracker
3740 11 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srfcocoa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259974 ft
United States

I'm wanting to attach a Tile gps tracker to my Phantom.  Anyone know if it's ok to just tape it to the Phantom?  I'm wondering if that would affect the gps ability of the Tile and if the Tile would interfere with the gps tracking of the Phantom.

thanks
2016-11-30
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can I ask why you would do that? Tile uses bluetooth technology so it wouldn't be much help in tracking a lost Phantom. There are several other trackers that would be better for this.
2016-11-30
Use props
srfcocoa
lvl.2
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-11-30 12:01
Can I ask why you would do that? Tile uses bluetooth technology so it wouldn't be much help in track ...

The beeping noise from the tile might be helpful if searching in tall grass, trees, etc - and the community feature of the tile is pretty cool.  I'm trying to find the best gps tracker now actually....appreciate any recommendations you might have
2016-11-30
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

srfcocoa@hotmai Posted at 2016-11-30 10:22
The beeping noise from the tile might be helpful if searching in tall grass, trees, etc - and the  ...

This is the one that I use. There are others out there that would work too. Marco Polo, Trackimo, etc...

2016-11-30
Use props
srfcocoa
lvl.2
United States

well how about that, nice work - thanks
2016-11-30
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I'd go with the RF V10 or the Trackimo.
2016-11-30
Use props
fans63ae9819
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

The Tile things are a joke
You can buy a beeper on a timer for around $20. Start it when you begin your flight, after a preset time it will start beeping. If you lose it, just track the beeps. If you can find the general area. I have some that are ear piercing loud. But they connect to a lipo balance connector. They can be hardwired also. It also has a bright blue LED that flashes.
2016-11-30
Use props
srfcocoa
lvl.2
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-11-30 10:30
This is the one that I use. There are others out there that would work too. Marco Polo, Trackimo, etc...

https://youtu.be/O5V152zrOBc

After watching your youtube clip I went ahead and purchased it.  Got it, charged overnight, went and got an ATT sim card w/ talk and text, no data.  Installed in the tracker, still no dice.  App says the device isn't activated, tried text commands...nothing.  Any idea what I'm overlooking?  Maybe need a data plan, but read several reviews on amazon that said no need

appreciate the help
2017-1-17
Use props
AnsleyParker
New

India

I recently purchased a Nut Find3 Bluetooth tracking device.  Its range is 150 Foot with the replaceable battery.  it is a good Bluetooth tracking device.  
2017-12-8
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I use a Marco Polo, expensive but it weighs under 20 gm and works well. This is however not a sales pitch, more of an anecdote really.

Because I could not find an MP for sale in Europe, I ordered it from the US, all went well, paypal, shipment etc. even the delivery, well, sort of. It got held up in customs (German Homeland Security) whilst they made personal enquiries as to what I might want with an “Electronic Drone Tracking Device”, as declared on the bill of transport. My first reply was that it was a device that could be used to locate missing cats, which they promptly translated into “Civil Air Transports”. All is well that ends well, but I dread to think which lists now have my name on them.
2017-12-8
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I'm using this one and its been fantastic so far, I tested it out on a co workers truck since we work all over the state tracked him for two days till he returned to the shop and gave it back to me I found it to be fairly  accurate based on the service locations my co worker visited. https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-P ... s=gl300+gps+tracker
2017-12-8
Use props
Scuderia Rimoli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 922182 ft
Brazil

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-12-8 17:33
I'm using this one and its been fantastic so far, I tested it out on a co workers truck since we work all over the state tracked him for two days till he returned to the shop and gave it back to me I found it to be fairly  accurate based on the service locations my co worker visited. https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-Portable-Personal-Vehicle/dp/B00JG8KCLO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512782720&sr=8-3&keywords=gl300+gps+tracker

Do you pay $25/month for the Data plan?
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules