BrandNew Mavic Pro does not want to turn on
35108 18 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

New Mavic Pro pulled out of the box, I charge the Mavic Pro battery and it has 4 green LEDS which is 100% I push that button, I only get 4 LEDS and nothing else. I tried to turn on controller, nothing happens and when I connect controller to charge, it flicks at 2 PCT and show BAT 100 PCT. I am not sure what is the issue. Is there an another way to do the startup routine?

Puzzled and feeling too bad about this.

Smokey
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Thread has been closed. The user's problem has been solved and you guys will just bite each other's heads off if it's left open.
2016-11-30
Use props
fans75c41788
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Press the battery button once, release, then press and hold
2016-11-30
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

What ever you do, don't look at the manual
2016-11-30
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ok Quad turns on by pushing the on button ones and holding power button for 3 secs but controller is not doing that. I am on call with DJI support will see.

Smokey
2016-11-30
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

smokey_truck Posted at 2016-11-30 17:34
ok Quad turns on by pushing the on button ones and holding power button for 3 secs but controller is ...

do the same with the controller, push once, then release, then push and hold.....

THEN READ THE MANUAL
2016-11-30
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2016-11-30 12:37
do the same with the controller, push once, then release, then push and hold.....

THEN READ THE M ...

Well now remote turns on when I connect to external power and so I left on the charger to see if it needs a charge although battery says flashing 100 PCT

Crossing my fingers.

Smokey
2016-11-30
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

you're welcome....
2016-11-30
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the help
2016-11-30
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

smokey_truck Posted at 2016-11-30 11:43
Well now remote turns on when I connect to external power and so I left on the charger to see if i ...

Smokey,

JMHO but if you're having difficulty turning these devices on you should probably spend a lot more time on the manual and watching the many videos available here and on YT. I got my bird the night before last and still have yet to fly with it. Too many things to learn and sort out first and I've been flying these things for a few years now. I have 4 DJI birds and another 4 from other manufacturers. Maybe I'm just a little slow.

Jerry
2016-11-30
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Smokey,

Please read the manual . . . it's complex machine that you just paid a sizeable investment for and waited a long time to receive.  

It's obvious you're not familiar with DJI drones.

Nobody wants to see a broken Mavic in your future but . . .
2016-11-30
Use props
XOIb65MwVMfd
lvl.1
Canada

Please get familiar with the Manual. Mavic was my first drone and the first flight I did I completely had no idea how to finish the landing sequence. Tried a hand catch and cut my thumb. Silly I know and I immediately felt like an idiot but none the less, all the info I needed was in the manual, I was just too eager to get started after over a months delay in production.
2016-11-30
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

The timing for the power on procedure on the controller seems to be slightly different that what is required to turn on the drone (slightly longer time to hold?). You'll get it down after a few times. Making it hard to accidentally turn it on and off is a good thing.
2016-11-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

In a few days we'll be reading about smokey crashing his drone, anyone want to bet?
2016-11-30
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-30 12:13
In a few days we'll be reading about smokey crashing his drone, anyone want to bet?

R&L,

Hopefully, he'll heed everyone's advice and RTFM! Can't make the bet, unfortunately the odds aren't in my favor.

Jerry
2016-11-30
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's literally comedy reading threads like this.

RTFM
2016-11-30
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-11-30 13:31
R&L,

Hopefully, he'll heed everyone's advice and RTFM! Can't make the bet, unfortunately the odds ...

I can't believe, given an chance you keep taking cheap shots as if I did not read the manual. I have 5 quads and it is just a over look on my part on the sequence but immediately  you don't have pounce on people's self esteem try to pour everything you got.

Funny people like you spend lot of time on the forums just for an opportunity. Less is more my friend. Easy up

Smokey
2016-11-30
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

smokey_truck Posted at 2016-11-30 12:49
I can't believe, given an chance you keep taking cheap shots as if I did not read the manual. I ha ...

sorry dude
2016-11-30
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-30 13:32
It's literally comedy reading threads like this.

RTFM

You my friend did not even help but you have come to say RTFM, I will say KYFMS. How about that? They guy who really answered my question is humble and everyone else has no input. DCTTT

Smokey
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules