Mavic goes savage
2584 10 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8CjqJPd1ILwm
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

Two days ago I received my mavic. It's a really cool piece of tech.

But today I had a really weird Problem. My mavic suddenly started to do circles on its own. I had no control of it until it lost GPS Signal and entered atti mode.
Because it was night and I had no light on the mavic landing safely was quite a challenge.

Does anybody know what could have caused this?

I attached a Screenshot of the flight log.

Thank you

Murphy

(PS: mavic is fine an nobody got hurt)
Screenshot_20161130-220419.png
2016-11-30
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Yet another Toilet Bowl. Good thing you were in an open area when this happened.

Can you post your flight logs to healthydrones and link here. Also what calibrations have you done and which did you do right before this flight?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry about that, what is your email and sync your flight records and can take a look at your flight.
When it's doing the circles is the stick overlay dong the same or were the sticks centered?
Also, are you on the latest firmware and did you calibrate the compass free from any metal around it, including metal on you. No keys, phone, jewelry, and the RC/phone on the ground several feet away when you calibrate the compass.
2016-11-30
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Sports mode?
2016-11-30
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Did you switch to sports mode before the circling happen? There seems to be a problem that switching to sports mode will slowly corrupt the sensor data and cause the circling issue. Switching back to P-Mode does not solve the issue immediately.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

" Because it was night and I had no light on the mavic landing safely was quite a challenge.

Does anybody know what could have caused this? "

Simple basics would point the finger at lack of common sense and a breach in the drone laws of your state and or country.

2016-11-30
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you calibrate your compass at every flight location??
2016-11-30
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

Pierre35 Posted at 2016-11-30 15:48
Did you switch to sports mode before the circling happen? There seems to be a problem that switching ...

There is an update with regards to the problem when switching to Sports mode... See the new update here: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/s ... 8/page-3#post-30944

It's starting to look like the problem is caused during high current draw, rather than just switching over to Sports mode... e.g. when throttle + elevator is at Max in normal mode, or elevator at Max in Sports mode.
2016-11-30
Use props
fans83524f36
lvl.2
United States

yep  she flys off to the mother fing ship, thanks for 1ooo dolla
2016-11-30
Use props
8CjqJPd1ILwm
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,
Thanks for your replys.
@DJI-Ken My Email is murphy9904@gmail.com. (It was the last flight.)
The Stick overlays are correct.

I calibrated the compass at home two days before. Am I supposed to do this before every flight?

and yes, i switched in Sports mode few minutes before it was doing this circles.

Murphy

2016-11-30
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

MavicUser Posted at 2016-12-1 12:18
There is an update with regards to the problem when switching to Sports mode... See the new update ...

It's starting to look like the problem is caused during high current draw, rather than just switching over to Sports mode... e.g. when throttle + elevator is at Max in normal mode, or elevator at Max in Sports mode.
That makes much more sense to me than the Sports mode switching. Both my TBE events (as I know understand they are called) occurred when the Mavic was under high load & definately not in sports mode. Either flying flat out around a bend in a strong crosswind or cornering in turbulent air.      In my case sports mode was the method I used to recover the situation after the TBE finsihed so it was not that.
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules