Forum login timeout
618 4 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

Can anyone enlighten me as to why there are only a few minutes before one is seemingly logged out of the forum?  And I do mean a FEW - 3-5 minutes it seems.  I post a question, and within 2-3 minutes after that, even if viewing other posts, I'm logged out.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what internet browser are you using?
2016-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That sort of unusual anomaly has never been experienced but this forum regular, pilot. Captain! Haha
I never sign out though, but sometime I do have to sign in, which usually only takes mere seconds.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
tundrwd
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the long delay - it's been quite a journey this month (so far).  

Anyway, usually Safari, but also IE 11.  And it IS a bit of a pain, since you have to get past the Captcha as well.  Don't know who designs those Captchas, but they really need to go back to "font school".  Zeros should have slashes.  Simply making them narrower doesn't really tell you that it's a zero over an 'O'.  Font changes within the Captcha, and having dealt with so many fonts over the years, it's hard to distinguish just which are which at times.

And, as luck would have it - I was trying to post the above reply, and was again logged out and couldn't reply.  I was logged in already, and had replied to a couple of other posts, and simply trying to reply to this post (took maybe one minute since the last post), I was logged out again.  Seems it's a timer that has NO relationship to usage on the forum.  It doesn't get reset when you are active.  It's a real pain trying to use this forum.
2016-12-29
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I have never been logged out. Using Chrome. Is there a check box when you log in that says "keep me logged in"? Check it.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules