Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App Lost Connection
12Next >
5049 47 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

This was my second day flying and I have been taking it easy. Today during a flight the Go app lost connection and the live feed went away. Then it forced closed and I had to open it back up in the middle of the flight. The remote control was still connected to the drone the whole time. Is this a common issue? This is my first DJI drone.

I also have trouble connecting to the Mavic at times. It seems to be app issue as the controller connects with no problem.

My phone is the new Google Pixel running 7.1
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

The Pixel isn't one of the approved devices. Have you tried it with any of the devices on the approved list?
2016-11-30
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a google pixel and it used to crash all the time with the odl DJI Appl. Since upgrading to the new DJI APP 4.0 it's never crashed. However I do loose connection once in a while between the controller and the mavic. I have also used my Galaxy S5 which is an approved phone and it does the same.
Firstly, from all my flights I have had (about 9 now) with DJI Go 4.0 and my Pixel it's been very encouraging. App not crashing at all.
Secondly the lost connection issues are between the controller and the Mavic. NOT a phone issue. There have been many many reports lately with disconnection issues even with the new firmware updates with people using 'approved' devices.
2016-11-30
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-12-1 09:24
The Pixel isn't one of the approved devices. Have you tried it with any of the devices on the approv ...

I don't have any approved devices. Don't want to buy another phone just for it.
2016-11-30
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2016-12-1 09:40
I have a google pixel and it used to crash all the time with the odl DJI Appl. Since upgrading to th ...

I downgraded my app because DJI broke active tracking in the latest update for my Osmo Mobile. I guess I have to decide which device I want to work more. So frustrating how Android devices do not seem to get the same attention.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

" I also have trouble connecting to the Mavic at times. It seems to be app issue as the controller connects with no problem."

Me too. On android as well.
Multiple reboots of RC and unit itself and finally hooks up.
Seems a bit flakey this app.
2016-11-30
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-11-30 17:53
I downgraded my app because DJI broke active tracking in the latest update for my Osmo Mobile. I g ...

While it may seem they get less attention, DJI Go 4 was released for Android first...  Maybe you could put some of the blame on the OS?
2016-11-30
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-12-1 11:01
While it may seem they get less attention, DJI Go 4 was released for Android first...  Maybe you co ...

Why blame the OS when active tracked worked before the DJI update? All Android phones were affected. Software developers messed up.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-1 12:35
Why blame the OS when active tracked worked before the DJI update? All Android phones were affecte ...

To add to that, after a firmware update i cannot make connection with the drone and android app.
I have nice paper weight now.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-1 12:35
Why blame the OS when active tracked worked before the DJI update? All Android phones were affecte ...

I found just now that rebooting phone, start RC, wait for app to appear, then! start the mavic.
Seems to work for me.
2016-11-30
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-12-1 02:24
The Pixel isn't one of the approved devices. Have you tried it with any of the devices on the approv ...

What about working a bit faster with the "approved list", the list should be longer. Would be nice if the app is more compatible with more devices so we do not have to buy a device of the approved list.
2016-12-1
Use props
ERIC,M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anoniem Posted at 2016-12-1 13:00
What about working a bit faster with the "approved list", the list should be longer. Would be nice ...

mmm , well you guys seem to be able to down load DJI GO APP +4 AS WELL , i have a ipad 9.3.5 ios and it just will not down load comes upwith (cannot down load ,'THIS APP NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVISE '
2016-12-1
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-1 14:44
I found just now that rebooting phone, start RC, wait for app to appear, then! start the mavic.
Se ...

I did notice it helps not to open the app yourself. If you wait for the remote control to open it or prompt for open it has a higher chance to connect. Of course this does not solve the random disconnect issue.
2016-12-1
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-12-1 21:00
What about working a bit faster with the "approved list", the list should be longer. Would be nice ...

The Google Pixel should be fast tracked for approval. That is the a Google phone. How could the Android flagship phone not be approved?
2016-12-1
Use props
Alessandro_
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,
same problem here, with iPhone 7 and DJI Go 4 app. It happened 2 times during the same flight.

The live view and phone connection return only when i stop motors after landing, i didn't tried to close and reopen app in flight like chasiu explained.
2016-12-1
Use props
ERIC,M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Had my 1st test fight using i phone 5s  no problems will try with ipad tomorrow using method explained by' Anoniem' will let you know how it goes  
2016-12-1
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Tried 4.0 on Android today and no issues. Connected every time and didn't lose connection.
2016-12-1
Use props
Bmanpoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

I freaked out a bit on my second flight. Wide open area, and got brave and tried to fly over to my house maybe 1000 yards away. Before it got there, lost connection. Hit return to home, but I guessed that wasn't going to do any good with no connection. Briskly walked towards it and managed to get a connection and fly it back.
So now I'm afraid to get very far away. Sucks. Any thoughts? Clouds don't make any difference do they?
2016-12-1
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bmanpoo Posted at 2016-12-2 10:23
I freaked out a bit on my second flight. Wide open area, and got brave and tried to fly over to my h ...

it would have come home if you just stayed where you were.  It has to be disconnected for a  certain amount of time before it will go into RTH.
2016-12-1
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

The new version 4 crashed on me a lot today.
2016-12-2
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264134 ft
United States

I have the app disconnect a lot after I have flown for awhile. I can't get DJI go, DJI GO 4 or litchi to connect for at least 20 min or so.
2016-12-3
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had a few app crashes with the Pixel using DJI app since my last report. However using the Litchi app has proved flawless with the Pixel. I miss the active track which is missing from Litchi.
2016-12-3
Use props
ronin
New

Poland

Same issue here. I've got Mavic Pro with iPhone 7 connected to the controller. First time it happened 2 weeks ago, 2 times yesterday. It happened shortly after the take off, the live feed went away, got RTH warning, was able to steer Mavic back, restarted drone, controller and app.
2016-12-4
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

Hi I've been watching this thread recently.
I have a pixel XL as well..

I tried the mavic with a nexus 6p this afternoon with latest firmware, and DJI go 4. First flight no problems.
Took off again, and went up maybe max 50m, and suddenly the screen froze. I was tapping and stuff and it didnt work. Remote still worked fine, and I had line of sight, so i brought it in and landed it fine.
Took out my phone, and it was super hot, and wouldnt even respond to the power button. after about 30 secs it finally went to sleep, (not reset) and i pressed the power button and the same dji flight camera screen came back on. and it slowly started to turn to black and white, and then i had control again. Really wierd. I chalked it up to nexus 6p issues.

Plugged in a pixel XL with dji go 4m and at first it didnt want to to connect to the drone, so i restarted the app, the drone and the RC, and then it worked. flew it around for a little while and it was fine. Only thing i did notice was that when the camera faces straight down, and i strafe left, and let go of the stick, the gimbal shakes a bit crazy, and strafing right has no issues. if i point the camera up (facing forward) and do it, no probems either left or right.

Anyway, 2 hrs later, took the drone out to a field to play and noticed more issues. First flight no issues. swapped to a 60% battery and took off, after about 1 min, the app showed battery error, but it didnt say anything else? I brought the drone closer just in case anything happened in flight, and watched, but no problems during flight. I carreid on flying around, and i was going in and out of Tripod mode, and the app crashed. same as the nexus 6p. So once the app crashes , the flight log on the phone is gone? Lucky so far all the app crashes Ive had, have been in sight of the drone, and the RC stays connected fine, so i flew it back and landed without issue. Sorry for the lengthy post, but wanted to log my issues clearly.

In summary,
1. Nexus 6p, DJI go 4 , app crashes ( loss of flight log)
2. Pixel XL , DJI go 4, Gimbal acting a bit wierd? ( Will recalibrate and see if I can recreate?)
3. Pixel XL , DJI go 4, Battery error, and app crash. (Loss of flight log)

Hopefully DJI Ken or someone can respond to this? Are we supposed to use DJI go 4? or the old app, The old app started crashing on me as well btw.

Cheers,
Jon
2016-12-4
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112001 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-74026-1-1.html

Your problem is NOT unique to your phone of choice, so the DJI-LA reply stating that your device is not confirmed/approved is bunk.
2016-12-4
Use props
Andrew Hohlfeld
lvl.1

United States

ERIC,M Posted at 2016-12-1 07:18
mmm , well you guys seem to be able to down load DJI GO APP +4 AS WELL , i have a ipad 9.3.5 ios a ...

The DJI Go 4 app is not compatible with my iPhone 5 either... and the older DJI Go wont update anymore. Get the same message 'DJI GO is not compatible with this iPhone' I ordered a iPhone 7 plus and hopefully I recieve it before my Mavic arrives.... Just an FYI for those out there expecting to fly their Mavics with a iPhone 5 or earlier, would'nt be wise to fly with outdated software.
2016-12-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

ERIC,M Posted at 2016-12-1 21:18
mmm , well you guys seem to be able to down load DJI GO APP +4 AS WELL , i have a ipad 9.3.5 ios and it just will not down load comes upwith (cannot down load ,'THIS APP NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVISE '

cant you upgrade to IOS10?
2016-12-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Andrew Hohlfeld Posted at 2016-12-5 03:19
The DJI Go 4 app is not compatible with my iPhone 5 either... and the older DJI Go wont update anymore. Get the same message 'DJI GO is not compatible with this iPhone' I ordered a iPhone 7 plus and hopefully I recieve it before my Mavic arrives.... Just an FYI for those out there expecting to fly their Mavics with a iPhone 5 or earlier, would'nt be wise to fly with outdated software.

If i were you id just go in to an apple store and purchase the phone. you can always check Istocknow.com that show i picked up my iphone7 plus without waiting.
2016-12-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Andrew Hohlfeld Posted at 2016-12-5 03:19

Also i think you need a iPhone5s or newer.
2016-12-5
Use props
HangTime81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29032 ft
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-30 19:01
While it may seem they get less attention, DJI Go 4 was released for Android first...  Maybe you could put some of the blame on the OS?

Maybe a little unfair to blame iOS, as DJI satisfies the requirements for it once and it works properly on all of their devices. Android is supported on many different makes and models of devices. Seems like that is a lot harder and more time consuming to completely cover. iOS is low hanging fruit, and makes complete sense to make it stable up front. Besides being the same platform a lot of pros are actually editing their footage on......
2016-12-5
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

HangTime81 Posted at 2016-12-5 15:59
Maybe a little unfair to blame iOS, as DJI satisfies the requirements for it once and it works properly on all of their devices. Android is supported on many different makes and models of devices. Seems like that is a lot harder and more time consuming to completely cover. iOS is low hanging fruit, and makes complete sense to make it stable up front. Besides being the same platform a lot of pros are actually editing their footage on......

I wasn't blaming iOS, I was suggesting maybe some blame could be put on Android...  It's essentially a ported OS with very little control on the HW or overlays used.
2016-12-5
Use props
HangTime81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29032 ft
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-12-5 19:02
I wasn't blaming iOS, I was suggesting maybe some blame could be put on Android...  It's essentially a ported OS with very little control on the HW or overlays used.

I see. I thought some of the issues I was reading about pointed towards HW variation, possible.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans13f98854
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have Nexus 6P and I'm having the same connection issues. I've only flown it once and in beginner mode but I'm afraid to fly it now in case I lose control again, although to be fair when the connection was lost (which was a few times) the RTH kicked in and brought it back.

I'm wondering if the new Crystal screen that is coming out soon will be a better option than using a phone, I don;t really want to buy another phone just to use with the Mavic, and if I did upgrade my phone it would be to a Google Pixel!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-4 18:48
Hi I've been watching this thread recently.
I have a pixel XL as well..

Hi Jon, could you please find the crash log and upload it to dropbox?
You can follow this file path : mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2016-12-7
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 19:46

Hi DJI Mindy,
I looked in that folder, there is no Crash Folder,
Only Cache.
And within CACHE folder there is
ServerLog and UP_Default folders, both of which have some logs inside.
Which one would you like to see?
So to be clear
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH doesnt exist
I have
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CACHE
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CACHE/ServerLog
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CACHE/UP_Default

Also, just found a crash folder in
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH /  <------- ARe these the logs you are looking for? And why are there so many folders!?! ahhaha
2016-12-7
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-8 14:34
Hi DJI Mindy,
I looked in that folder, there is no Crash Folder,
Only Cache.

Just a quick think, is this because I installed DJI Go4 before I uninstalled DJI GO
2016-12-7
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 19:46

HI DJI Mindy,

Here is the Crash folder , the logs seem to be on the correct date.

But like I said it was inside the path
mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH

I hope this helps,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnsrqqe72jyjasv/AADE7JOlR0hRJIiwWhK5qBKua?dl=0

Maybe the multitude of folders is causing the crash?

Also, managed to find the log inside one of the folders of that days flight. It doesnt upload onto the DJI Cloud though.
I uploaded to healthy Drones
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=GGRQNE

Cheers,
Jon
2016-12-7
Use props
ERIC,M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm not sure of why, I could not down load DJI GO app onto my IPad ,however having downloaded said app onto my  Iphone and calibrated and into 2 test flights I tried  again to down load onto my Ipad and yes it down loaded with no problems .So
1, i was doing something wrong. or
2,  DJI made an adjustment or
3   it was the lead connection
AS i did try with new lead !
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-8 14:51
HI DJI Mindy,

Here is the Crash folder , the logs seem to be on the correct date.

Hi Jon, thanks for the information, I will transfer the crash log to our engineers for further evaluation, we'll let you know for any news, thanks.
2016-12-10
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

I have a iPhone 7 plus. After doing the recent update I went for a flight. I was around 200 ft up and 100 feet away and the dji go 4 app lost connection. Controller still had connection so I could still fly it back. I switched over to litchi app and it connected fine. Also closed dji go and restarted it and it connected. This was all with the mavic still in the air. I've only done 8 flights so far so it's a little scary when that happens. Dji should look into this.
2016-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules