2077 3 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldyren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158054 ft
United States

Hi All,

Last night I noticed that another DJI go app "DJI Go 4 " is available seems odd that it's a separate app from the previous one... I decided to install and test it but did not fly - ( had props off and just wanted to see what changed in the app) Looks like they updated some stuff and so, this evening I decided to fly using the new app. What I noticed though was that the downward vision sensors don't seem to be functioning. In the past when the sensor is activated, if you start to land the mavic, it reaches a few feet below the ground and stops until you hold the stick down long enough to initiate a landing. I could not get this to happen no matter what setting.. I am missing something? I did try to use the previous DJI Go app to see if maybe its an issue with the app but I experienced the same issue.  I am considering to do an IMU calibration - only did this once since I got the drone and I do compass calibrations if I change my flying locations . I have about 18 flights on this drone with no issues (knock on wood- sort of concerned with some of the issues some have been reporting here)

Any help or things to try out would be appreciated!

By the way i'm using a samsung s6 latest firmware and tried both DJI go apps the previous one and the Go app 4 that recently showed up in the appstore.

both the drone and controller were fully charged.

thanks in advance!

Ren

2016-11-30
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

Are your downward sensors switched on?

Check the app under "Visual Navigation Settings", 2nd icon from the top on the left side of the panel after you click the ". . ." on the top right of the DJI Go app..
2016-11-30
Use props
goldyren
lvl.2
United States

MavicUser Posted at 2016-11-30 18:21
Are your downward sensors switched on?

Check the app under "Visual Navigation Settings", 2nd icon f ...

Hi MavicUser,

yes sir - made sure in the app downward sensors was turned on - even tried turning it off and back on - tried restarting both the drone and controller- still same issue- I tried hovering in empty room indoors and although it says no gps vision it doesn't appear to be holding a hover as it did in the past when using the downward sensors.
2016-11-30
Use props
goldyren
lvl.2
United States

Looks like I was able to figure out the issue - So it appears with downward sensors enabled you need to also have precision landing enabled as well. Once I turned this setting on, when attempting to land it will stop a few feet off the ground and you have to hold the stick down for it to initiate the landing sequence... I could have sworn this option was not needed in the past and that only downward sensors needed to be enabled - maybe it changed with the latest update?  Anyhow, looks like its resolved...

Cheers,

Ren
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules