Flight Records not Syncing
2347 20 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

I'm using a Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) as my flight screen for my Mavic Pro. I have also used my iPhone 5s. The 5s can sync flight records correctly. The Nexus 7 only records my first four flights from my previous Phantom. I know that the Nexus 7 sends new flights to my account because the 5s picks them up on the next sync. I have the same problem with DJI Go 3 and 4.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to get my syncing straightened out?

2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help clarify your mobile system version? what's the percentage it went when you tried to sync it on your Nexus 7?
You can try to restart you phone or change another network connect, then sync it again.
2016-12-1
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-1 05:31
Please help clarify your mobile system version? what's the percentage it went when you tried to sync ...

Okay, I'm going to try to provide you with all the info I can.
Android Version 5.1
Kernel 3.4.0-g7597781
Build LMY470
Nexus 7 2013
DJI Go 4

When I sync it starts at around 30% and counts steadily up to 100%
Then I get a message "Synchronizing Flight Records Failed"

The total number of flights is correct and the hours and distance are correct as well.

My previous flight screen was an inexpensive android phone (also running 5.1) and it seemed to sync just fine however that phone won't work with the Mavic so I got the Nexus.

DJI Go v3 had the same syncing problem.

I've rebooted the Nexus several times.
I'm about to perform a system reset to see if that helps. I'll update the thread if it works, otherwise I'll wait to hear your suggestions.

[UPDATE]
The wipe and redo didn't help. I still have only the same four flights in the records but the correct total flights.
Need more ideas.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThreeGs Posted at 2016-12-2 07:25
Okay, I'm going to try to provide you with all the info I can.
Android Version 5.1
Kernel 3.4.0-g75 ...

Please check the flight records on your mobile device: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all there or not?
2016-12-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI servers were acting up and this was happening for the Inspire 1 flights too.

It synced up today no problem

Rich
2016-12-1
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-2 01:36
Please check the flight records on your mobile device: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are ...

I have:
sdcard/DJI/

But then inside there I have no dji.pilot
I do have dji.go.v4 which has the FlightRecord directory
Inside there are four DJIFlightRecord_xxxxxxxx files that seem to match the four flight records I am able to sync.
I brought the Nexus 7 into work and tried a sync on that network and it behaved exactly the same way.
2016-12-2
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-2 01:46
The DJI servers were acting up and this was happening for the Inspire 1 flights too.

It synced up t ...

This has been an ongoing problem since I started using the Nexus 7.
2016-12-2
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

ThreeGs Posted at 2016-12-2 03:40
This has been an ongoing problem since I started using the Nexus 7.

I been having the same proble on both dji3 and 4,  since I received my mavic. NOV8
Contacted online support 3 times. They couldnt fix the issue. told me it could be a server issue and to manually transfer the files from my SD card to computer.
2016-12-5
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

Pekkle Posted at 2016-12-5 16:15
I been having the same proble on both dji3 and 4,  since I received my mavic. NOV8
Contacted online support 3 times. They couldnt fix the issue. told me it could be a server issue and to manually transfer the files from my SD card to computer.

Hi Pekkle,
Are you on a Nexus as well?
2016-12-5
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

ThreeGs Posted at 2016-12-6 09:03
Hi Pekkle,
Are you on a Nexus as well?

No , I'm not.
Note 3
Android 5.0
2016-12-5
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-2 01:36
They are all there or not?

Any further thoughts with the info in my replies?
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ThreeGs Posted at 2016-12-7 19:16
Any further thoughts with the info in my replies?

We tried to sync the flight records on our end, it shows us the following info, please check whether it's correct or not.Since you can sync on your other devices, that means there is no issue with the server, maybe you can try to reset your phone and try again.
D95B14CB915D19BF996BE1F6504588C2.png
2016-12-7
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 07:05
We tried to sync the flight records on our end, it shows us the following info, please check whether it's correct or not.Since you can sync on your other devices, that means there is no issue with the server, maybe you can try to reset your phone and try again.

That's accurate except for my last two flights that didn't sync before the last time I reset the Nexus to factory fresh. I've done that a couple times so I don't know if it'll help to do it again. Syncing works fine on the other devices so I've not suspected a server problem, just maybe a problem with the Android software. I hoped v4 would be better but it behaves exactly the same.
2016-12-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

I've been having a similar problem for a few days now. I decided to try my LG G3 as a dedicated phone for my Mavic. I did a factory reset on the phone, and installed basically nothing on the phone except for the Go Apps (3 and 4). I've made several flights using Go 3, but every time I try to sync the flight records, the progress bar seems to reach 100% and then I get the sync failed message. None of my flight records from my other phone appear on my LG G3. However, when I check the Go App on my other phone, I can see the flights from the LG G3. I get no sync errors on my other phone (Galaxy S7). So it seems like my LG G3 uploads the records successfully, but always fails on downloading.

Extra info:

LG G3 (LG-D858HK)
Android Version 5.0.1
Kernel 3.4.0
Build LRX22G

DJI Go 3

Mavic Firmware while flying with the LG G3 was v1.02
2016-12-7
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

It looks like you have access to my flight records. As much as I hate to loose any of my flight data, maybe a couple records could be removed as they may be corrupted somehow. The flight I have before the hole is April 10 2016. Distance 922ft. Time 4min. The next flight on my iPhone is April 13 2016 with no GPS (in my basement testing the camera settings). Maybe deleting those two flights may help get my syncing working.
Upon review, there is definitely something off with the April 10 flight. It gets a bit weird at the end. Is removing flights something you can do on your end?
2016-12-7
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-7 19:18
I've been having a similar problem for a few days now. I decided to try my LG G3 as a dedicated phone for my Mavic. I did a factory reset on the phone, and installed basically nothing on the phone except for the Go Apps (3 and 4). I've made several flights using Go 3, but every time I try to sync the flight records, the progress bar seems to reach 100% and then I get the sync failed message. None of my flight records from my other phone appear on my LG G3. However, when I check the Go App on my other phone, I can see the flights from the LG G3. I get no sync errors on my other phone (Galaxy S7). So it seems like my LG G3 uploads the records successfully, but always fails on downloading.

Extra info:

Sounds VERY similar. You're on a different device also. I've talked with other DJI pilots using the Nexus 7 II and they don't appear to be having this problem so I would conclude that it is definitely something wrong with one of the flight files.
2016-12-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

And just to update: I went out and did some flying a couple hours ago. This time I tried DJI Go 4 on the LG G3. Tried syncing afterwards, and still having the same issue. The new flight records seem to have uploaded (I can see them on my S7), but no flight records were downloaded. Also, the Go 4 app doesn't show flights records using Go 3 on the same phone.
2016-12-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

Is it possible to manually copy records from one device to another? I notice that inside the FlightRecord folder, there are Upload and Download folders. If I place records into the download folder, will the app automatically ingest those records?
2016-12-7
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-8 01:23
And just to update: I went out and did some flying a couple hours ago. This time I tried DJI Go 4 on the LG G3. Tried syncing afterwards, and still having the same issue. The new flight records seem to have uploaded (I can see them on my S7), but no flight records were downloaded. Also, the Go 4 app doesn't show flights records using Go 3 on the same phone.

Jason,
Same here. New flights send to the server and will load on other devices. But if I were to fly with another device those records would not go to my main flight screen. Any chance you could install DJI Go on another device and see what records sync. My last file to sync (NOT my latest flight, just the last one to transfer to a new install) has some really weird telemetry data. I think that record may be to blame.
2016-12-8
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

Hi Natalia,
Any thoughts on my suggestion in this post above?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 4220&pid=597811
2016-12-14
Use props
ThreeGs
lvl.1

United States

I tried syncing again this morning and it looks as if all my records Synced. I was recording the screen to show what was happening and everything showed up. Haha. If you worked some magic on your end I thank you very much!!!
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules