My advice to new owners
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Necroscope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165489 ft
United Kingdom

There are some sour grapes in this post on my part, but hopefully it will help out some other new owners that may find themselves inadvertently in the same position as I.

My P3S is 6 weeks old and will be going in for repair hopefully in the not too distant future.

I’m new to DJI, but not new to flying. My P3S is the biggest investment in the hobby I have made to date. A friend recommended DJI to me over Parrot for their superior product and customer support……….

My P3S has been having compass problems from very early doors, in fact day 1. Initially and naïvely due to the complexity of the unit, I assumed I was doing something wrong and as with all new toys (of which I know this isn’t really) I persevered, until even I had to acknowledge that my pride and joy had a problem.

Jessops where I brought my Phantom from in the UK, initially pointed me towards DJI support. They also informed me that as my phantom was outside its 2 week return period,, that the warranty would be handled by DJI (hands washed Jessops, thanks).

As you can probably guess, I’m not too happy that an item such as this, is in need of repair within a 6 week window. I have to add that its not be crashed or abused (something I can imagine DJI see quiet often).

As I suspect all owners would prefer, I felt it should have been replaced as it’s never been right. I have an email from DJI where they acknowledge the problem was there from day one, but that company policy dictated that as it’s outside of the 14 day return window, that the offer of repair was all they could do! How did they word it “As per policy, we will repair the unit and the decision is final.”.

SO, it is my strongest suggestion that at the slightest sign of a problem, as well as trying to fix it yourself with Forums etc (which we all do), that you log it with support, especially within this 14 day period.

You never know, it may just get you the safe flying new phantom that we all want (that hasn’t been repaired).

Thanks for reading and happy flying.
2016-12-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be taking it back as 'not fit for purpose'.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.u ... eturn-faulty-goods/

And Maplins had a thirty day return policy, which might still be the case.

You have recalibrated the compass correctly ?

2016-12-1
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

well, you said it started from day 1. if you absolutely ruled out miscalibrations and are sure you're not calibrating on reinforced concrete or near cars or anything, then you probably got sent a defective compass. its not like it worked, then stopped, which some might interpret as "DJI uses faulty compasses". all companies will sometimes send out a faulty product. at least it wasn't DOA, which is unlikely, since AFAIK DJI tests their units before shipping.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you were having difficulties, what is your email and I can look at your last flight.
If you can explain in detail what exactly the issue was that you had from day 1.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules