There's NO good reason why Email can't be updated in Settings--
1022 2 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ogbread
New

United States

But I can think of plenty why it should be allowed.  I mean, seriously...  Why cant I update my email address in account/profile settings?  What is the practical purpose for such a potentially major communicational hinderance?

For instance, what happens when I forget my password to DJI account, and DJI sends new password info to an email address that I am locked out of or is no longer accessibe?  Getting locked out of an email account can happen for a number of reasons.  I have no access to mine right now bc of some security issue that had nothing to do with me!  Why is the option to open a new account, rather than simply enter a new address?  Also, I just ordered $200+ in OSMO accessories-- will my DJI Bucks (and order history) transfer if I have to open a whole, new, unneccessary account?

If there is one good reason why any DJI member is denied the ability to provide his or her most current email address, somebody (ANYBODY!) please help me understand.  This was obviously a deliberate thing...  but for the Love of God, WHY??
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Because your email is the tool DJI uses to identify you, and people normally don't ditch their emails.  If you stops using one, just forward the emails you received from the old email address automatically to your new email.
2016-12-1
Use props
ogbread
New

United States

Whats wrong with having an Account Number?  For abnormal people who do ditch their emails...  Or just normal people who (unintentionally) lose access.

Can you automatically forward emails from an account that you are locked out of?  If you know how to do this, I will take your advice.  Thx for your help
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules