Mavic RC won't connect with Samsung Galaxy Tab A??
13827 28 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

I can get it to connect to my iPHone7 Plus just fine.  Cannot get it to connect to the Galaxy Tab at all.  

2016-12-1
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Are you using DJI Go 4?
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Does the same thing with 3 and 4.
2016-12-1
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Bad cable?
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Tried 2 different ones.  Brand new Tab with brand new cable works connecting tab to computer and charger.
2016-12-1
Use props
BraedenP
lvl.1

United States

If you pull down your notification center, there will be a "Use USB for..." option. Tap it, and select "MIDI" from the list of options to allow the DJI GO app to use your USB cable to transmit the required information. Otherwise, it may be put into "Charging" or "MTP" mode which doesn't allow the app to properly communicate with the controller.

The menu will look similar to this (with maybe a few extra options). Choose MIDI mode, not MTP mode.
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunately with it flashing like it is I can't get the menu to pop up.  I can't find that setting anywhere else, to change it with out it being plugged in.
2016-12-1
Use props
BraedenP
lvl.1

United States

Can you spam-tap the "OK" button and see if it stops flashing?
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Tried that too, goes right back to flashing.  I'm at a loss.
2016-12-1
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Might try this simple thing that I did on my droid phone that took care of connection issues - turn off the wi-fi on the phone.  Hey, give it a shot, it only takes a second and you'll know if it does for you what it did for me.  Took away the connection troubles when around buildings or strong wi-fi networks that I was in range of.  
Good luck!
Sarge
2016-12-1
Use props
Eagle-i-AL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3572106 ft
United States

Are you connecting via the bottom USB Port or the mini port on the top left? I've been testing DJI GO 3 & 4 with a Tab A 7" and have had no issues connecting using the USB port. Have run into issues in flight using version 4 however no issues on 3 so far.
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

This was done using the bottom port on the controller and the cable that came with the  mavic and the one that came with the Tab.  I also did try to turn WiFi off with the same exact problem.  I'm not super concerned about it as my Iphone 7 plus works flawlessly with DJI GO 4
2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Any other ideas?
2016-12-6
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

do you have usb debug turned on on the tablet or any powersaver apps running
2016-12-6
Use props
fansea1e504f
lvl.2

United States

if your using the buttom usb port on the controller you don't happen to have the small cable on the left side of the controller handle plugged in do you? that has to be unplugged.
2016-12-6
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

No power saving apps, USB bugging is on and I am using the large USB port on the bottom of the controller.  The small USB plug is unplugged, it works fine on a different tablet using the same USB cable and the same port, this is clearly a Tablet issue, probably just going to return it, it doesn't function for the other reason I bought it.  (Samsung tech support is telling me that it can't connect to WiFi and a bluetooth device at the same time, give me a break)
2016-12-7
Use props
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

BraedenP Posted at 2016-12-1 20:34
If you pull down your notification center, there will be a "Use USB for..." option. Tap it, and select "MIDI" from the list of options to allow the DJI GO app to use your USB cable to transmit the required information. Otherwise, it may be put into "Charging" or "MTP" mode which doesn't allow the app to properly communicate with the controller.

The menu will look similar to this (with maybe a few extra options). Choose MIDI mode, not MTP mode.

Thanks!!  this worked for me on the Galaxy Tab S 8.4... Happyyyy
2016-12-10
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

i have exactly same issue with samsung galaxy A8 v6.0.1 and i have tried every possible combination/cables/developer mode settings....is there anyway to solve this problem?
2017-3-17
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

Works fine for me on my Tab A. Try clearing the app data and cache, and restart the app.
2017-3-17
Use props
fans20f04bf6
New
Flight distance : 38297 ft
Australia

Solution. If you are running Android version 6.01 the ONLY way it will work is from a cold boot of the TAB A, make sure it is plugged in and the RC is connected to the Mavic Pro. This is NOT very practical though.
The ONLY way I was able to get it to work properly was to re-install Android version 5.02  software and it works perfectly. Hope this helps some-one. Spent hours on this one - but does show the problem lies in the new Marshmello Android software, which keeps trying to get the RC to charge the TAB A and will not connect properly. Well done Samsung.  
2017-5-20
Use props
Ahmad mo
New
Netherlands

I have the same problem.
after some try i disconnected the little cable that connect to RC then connect the long cable in the bottom of the RC and it works.
and check if MTP for usb configuration is selected.
bye.
2018-2-10
Use props
rexxfernandez
lvl.1
Australia

I have a Galaxy TAB A and yes, the only way it works is with a cold boot. To use it without cold booting, apparently you (we) just need to use the USB C cable that came with our drones, and hook it up to the tablet with a USB-C to Micro usb adaptor). I have ordered the adaptor and will report back. The key here is the USB-C cable (has blue plastic inside the end), not the standard everyday micro usb cable.
2019-5-6
Use props
Kerrymav1
New
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

I have the same equipment you have and I was able to connect my tab a to my radio with a cable that plugs into the radio at one end and the other end has an usb female connector. Then I have a cable that connects the tablet on one end and the other has an usb male connector. This should take care of all your connections problems.
2020-2-28
Use props
Kerrymav1
New
United States

Be sure you use a data cable and not a charging cable!
2020-3-17
Use props
Kerrymav1
New
United States

Be sure that the cable from the tab connects directly to the side of the radio and also make sure the cable is a data cable and not a charging cable.
2020-4-14
Use props
Autopump17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86129 ft

United States

Just got a brand new Galaxy Tab A for no other reason than connecting to my Mavic 2. I previously used a different Tab A that worked fine, but I've been using my iPhone for the past month with no issues except the too-small screen. When I connect it to the RC (through the USB connection on the bottom) the tablet immediately tries to charge its battery. Every couple seconds it dims and shows the battery percentage. It won't let me connect to the aircraft through DJI Go 4 app. I think I've done everything anyone on this thread has suggested. The tab is in MIDI mode. Connected with two different USB cables, the one that came with the tablet and another one that I have used in the past with a different Tab A that worked perfectly. Plugged it in with the RC power on and restarted the tablet.

Did I miss anything?
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_TXK77o4OJm9K
New

United States

sorry  see below
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_TXK77o4OJm9K
New

United States

I have a Mini and i just bought a Samsung Galaxy TabA android Tablet and i wont even let me download the DJI Fly App   anyone know what I can do ? Thanks I m new to this .
2020-7-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_TXK77o4OJm9K Posted at 7-25 15:00
I have a Mini and i just bought a Samsung Galaxy TabA android Tablet and i wont even let me download the DJI Fly App   anyone know what I can do ? Thanks I m new to this .

You will probably have to side load DJI Fly on the Tab A, but even then it's not guaranteed to work.
If you have a 10in model it probably won't work, best option is to return it

2020-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules