P4P mothballed till DJI sort out if it can fly safely
1140 20 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

p4p arrived the other day, yes it's a nice big of kit DJI but sort out what fly's the darn thing, I will then get it back out again, don't take the Micky out of me after spending near in £1600 on a bit of kit that I can't be sure will fly safely !!!!!!  PS I like the way you don't add a P4P link to add messages too, I wonder why, yes I am disgruntled buyer!
2016-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Of course it can fly safely.  What makes you think it won't?

"but sort out what fly's the darn thing"

What's the problem?
Download the Go 4 app and you should be good to go.
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Yea, a lot of that is completely incoherent.  What I did understand out of that sounds like BS.  I've been flying mine all sorts of different ways.  Had to stop for the day because too much rain.
2016-12-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-1 22:02
Of course it can fly safely.  What makes you think it won't?

"but sort out what fly's the darn thin ...

Would you fly a £1600 drone that has failed both IMU calibrations 10 or more times, if when I decide to fly again it goes pear shaped and something happened to the drone, would DJI say "why did you fly if there was a problem setting it up" ?
I did fly it in the end, but thx lost control of the drone with no transmission and luckily it went into RTH , I can't view any flight info as it only shows half the screen and then freezes up, all this makes me wonder if it will fly without problems.
Never had any of these problems with my P4 And yes I have the DJI go 4 app installed or I would not be able to fly it
2016-12-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-1 22:17
Would you fly a £1600 drone that has failed both IMU calibrations 10 or more times, if when I deci ...

Must be something wrong if it is not calibrating, I assume you've gone through the refresh of firmware/factory reset for the aircraft. RC reset/relink ? Perhaps even roll back RC firmware ?
Because if it's a hardware fault it'll be a repair job in two weeks instead of a replacement.
2016-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-2 09:17
Would you fly a £1600 drone that has failed both IMU calibrations 10 or more times, if when I deci ...

"Would you fly a £1600 drone that has failed both IMU calibrations 10 or more times"

No .. but I might have mentioned that if I was posting about it.
If it won't properly calibrate the IMU, it sounds like a hardware issue and I'd be talking to whoever you bought it from.
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-1 14:17

I'll fly it down a volcano for all I care.  That's what insurance is PRECISELY for!

That stinks your IMU is wonky.  But this doesn't mean the ENTIRE P4P fleet is "mothballed."
2016-12-1
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft
France

Hi,
I think I have the same problem as you. I always obtain the same error code : but I didn't fly at the moment. If you find out the solution, please let me know.
Best regards,
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-2 09:43
"Would you fly a £1600 drone that has failed both IMU calibrations 10 or more times"

No .. but I  ...

Agreed - it should be sent back if it's a consistent problem after everything has been reset and/or reinstalled.

But there appears to be a number of posts mentioning this, but then you mostly hear from those up here having issues. I hope it's not a common problem - my P4P is ordered and paid for. Time will tell...
2016-12-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for replies, yes as you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny after selling a perfectly good P4 to be sold a p4p that is not good, last thing I want to do is be sending it back to DJI especially after seeing other posts that other owners are having the same problem, I am unsure how many people actually own a p4p  and have come across these same problems, I did put a post up asking that same question but no replies so I guess I better wait until other owners repot the same problems and then wait for an update to cure the same
2016-12-1
Use props
fans1c462352
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I ordered my P4Pro on 27 November (without the screen as like to use my iPad Air) direct from the DJI on line store after selling my P3Pro to upgrade. It arrived on Wednesday 30 November (impressed with quick three day delivery) and the IOS version of the GO 4 app was launched just in time. Unboxed everything and successfully installed the firmware on the P4P and RC. I calibrated the RC sticks and gimbal and took off in my living room and used tripod mode for a few minutes to test flight. The next morning I calibrated the IMU to ensure everything was fine before my first outdoor flight. IMU calibration error -22 on both IMU's. I have cooled the quad and battery, refreshed the firmware, downgraded the firmware then upgraded, calibrated away from devices etc etc and still IMU error. I have had my P4P 36 hours and it has not been outside and is now grounded! I never had a single problem with my P3P in hundreds of miles of flights. Really am not sure what to do after paying £1,589! Help?!
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

fans1c462352 Posted at 2016-12-1 20:36
Hi,
I ordered my P4Pro on 27 November (without the screen as like to use my iPad Air) direct from t ...

Wait, so yours has Tripod Mode?  That just will NOT show up for me!  I get the 6 choices on the first tab, then only 4 on tab 2.  I don't see draw or tripod.  I believe that's all that is missing.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

isabelle Posted at 2016-12-2 06:54
Hi,
I think I have the same problem as you. I always obtain the same error code : but I didn't fly  ...

May I know what's the current firmware version? you have tried many times to calibrate IMU but got the same error, right?
Please try to reset it to factory default or refresh the firmware then check again.
If still the same case, please export the flight data for evaluation, thanks.
2016-12-1
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
France

Hi Natalia,
Here you can see the screenshot which indicates the current firmware installed.

This is the dropbox link of the last flight data :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67rgt2 ... 2-37-35%5D.DAT?dl=0
Please notice that the calibration failes at the last stage of calibration (#6). The 5 first stages seem to go well and the error message appears at the 6th .
Hope this will help,

Best regards,
Isabelle
2016-12-2
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
France

Hi Natalia,

Did you receive the flight data ?

Best regards,
Isabelle
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-1 16:14
Thanks for replies, yes as you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny after selling a perfectly good P4 t ...

Have you tried the rectory reset from the Assistant2 ?
Also, can please post a quick video clip of attempting the IMU calibration.
2016-12-2
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
France

No I didn't male the rectory reset you're talking about. It failed always at the last stage of calibration #6.
Here is an little video of what happens.
Hope it will help you to understand what I mean.

2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

isabelle Posted at 2016-12-2 14:04
No I didn't male the rectory reset you're talking about. It failed always at the last stage of calib ...

Thank you Isabelle for posting the video,
Can you go to the MC Settings tab, then Advanced Settings, then Sensors.
With the aircraft sitting on the table upright what do the readings say ?
2016-12-2
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
France

Whatever the position on the table, it gives always the same results as you can see here under :

2016-12-2
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
France

Hi Ken
Is it that you wanted to know ?
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

isabelle Posted at 2016-12-3 16:23
Hi Ken
Is it that you wanted to know ?

Thanks for the details, I've transferred the info to our engineers for evaluation and will let you know once i get the news, thanks again for your support!
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules