1116 3 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dombev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77208 ft
Australia

New here with my Phantom 3 Pro.
Is there a way to preview Litchi missions before flying them?
This could save my drone if I had made mistake.

Thanks to advice
2016-12-1
Use props
Dombev
lvl.2
Australia

Litchi missions

New here with my Phantom 3 Pro.
Is there a way to preview Litchi missions before flying them?
This could save my drone if I had made mistake.

Thanks to advice
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I don't believe there is, but I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm incorrect. Regardless, the GPS locationing of waypoints on the Mission Hub I've found to be very accurate, but there's three things which could bite you:

1. unexpected changes to the location - I recently set-up a mission around a local solar farm, but when I got to the site I found that there was a power line constructed across the front of it which was not visible on the Mission Hub's satellite photo. I needed to redo the start and finish waypoint heights to clear the lines.

2. terrain - at same site I found there was a steep slope to the ground. Altitude is relative to the take-off point (which was down hill), so my clever glide along a line 5m above ground may have resulted in a collision with dirt. Similarly, I was at a wind turbine farm recently and I knew the turbine hubs were 80m off the ground, and the props had a 55m span, so my drone need to clear at least 107.5m right (80+(55*.5))? But I took off from down the hill and with my 120m high waypoint in front of the turbine I was looking straight at the hub ! Oops.

3. Litchi actions - at each waypoint you can program an action. Cool. One of the obvious actions to set at the last waypoint is RTH. But if the waypoint is within 20m of the take-off point, it doesn't RTH - it just drops and lands. Imagine my horror when I saw it suddenly deciding to descend into bushes below - I recovered the action quickly fortunately.

The most impressive feature of Litchi mission planning, however, is the fact that it loads into the craft. So if you lose signal it just keeps doing it and comes back (unless you got the waypoint heights too low - see above). Alternatively, it gives you a chance to enjoy your beer/wine while it does it's thing...

Have fun.
2016-12-1
Use props
Dombev
lvl.2
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-2 09:41
Hi. I don't believe there is, but I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm incorrect. Regardless, the G ...

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate.
Shame there is no preview software,  I wish I was clever enough to make one, but    !!
Regarding the high over the ground I have seen a while ago a YouTube video how to plan a mission on Google earth and after loading it in Litchi very interesting.
I will try to find it again if you need it

(Sorry for the bad English but I am French)
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules