Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 1 Pro
3037 8 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

I have heard someone say the new P4P camera is better than an Inspire 1 Pro is this true? The only drawback to the P4P is the legs and props getting in the shots?
2016-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are asking about the X5 camera on the Inspire, it has a bigger sensor and interchangeable lenses so is probably "better" but will give much shorter flight times because of the weight.

If you mean the X3 camera, that's the same as on the original Phantom 4 and Phantom 3.
You can easily check the specs yourself at: http://www.dji.com/inspire-1

If you are getting the legs in shot with a Phantom, something's very wrong.
2016-12-1
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-1 21:00
If you are asking about the X5 camera on the Inspire, it has a bigger sensor and interchangeable len ...

OK, I am just trying to decide which one to go with for real estate videography and it sounds like the P4P is the way to go.
Thanks
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-2 13:00
If you are asking about the X5 camera on the Inspire, it has a bigger sensor and interchangeable len ...

It is possible to get front corner of legs in the shot under certain circumstances. For example, if you have a POI set up with camera set to 'focus POI', and you have the craft doing a sideways circular pan around that POI, the craft may tilt a little to the side to keep the pace, camera compensates to stay on the POI, and - there it is. Admittedly, it's not a typical manouveur, but hey...

And I'm off-topic. Sorry poster.
2016-12-1
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-1 21:10
It is possible to get front corner of legs in the shot under certain circumstances. For example, if ...

No, Thats fine. I like to know these things and I think in sport mode at full throttle you get the blades but whos filming at those speeds?
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

70challenger Posted at 2016-12-2 13:17
No, Thats fine. I like to know these things and I think in sport mode at full throttle you get the ...

Actually, even in p-mode you can get the blades. All that needs to happen is for it to hit a head wind, or for you to suddenly increase its forward speed with the camera in Follow mode. The craft goes head down to get pace, the camera compensates for the angle, and... The morale of the story, I suppose, is - when doing video don't do anything too fast or on windy days.
2016-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The simple answer is that if you are shooting real estate stills, the legs will not get in shot. If you are shooting moving pictures properly and carefully, then they won't get in shot either.
2016-12-1
Use props
JPUAV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here are a couple of great articles which cover the specs of the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 1 range (as well as the Inspire 2) - this is a great question - it's always best to weigh up the specs against your intended use before making your decision - especially where footage quality is concerned.

The Phantom 4 Pro should offer you some great footage without too much of an issue with the legs getting into view - just a case of framing and practice! The Inspire 1 Pro is still a firm favourite with professional filmmakers, it's just a case of delving into the details.

- Phantom 4 Pro Spec Guide
- Inspire Range Spec Guide (including the Pro and X5 camera)

Hope these guides help you make your decision - happy flying!
2016-12-5
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

JPUAV Posted at 2016-12-5 06:46
Here are a couple of great articles which cover the specs of the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 1 range (as well as the Inspire 2) - this is a great question - it's always best to weigh up the specs against your intended use before making your decision - especially where footage quality is concerned.

The Phantom 4 Pro should offer you some great footage without too much of an issue with the legs getting into view - just a case of framing and practice! The Inspire 1 Pro is still a firm favourite with professional filmmakers, it's just a case of delving into the details.

Thanks for these links, I'll take a look when I get a chance.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules