Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are you Left Handed? Is Mode 2 natural to you?
2407 6 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

I am a first time drone owner using a Mavic.  I am also left handed

for some reason, my natural tendency is to push up with the left stick, and am expecting the copter to fly forward, instead of straight up.

I keep forgetting that the "forward" is the Right Up stick.  Tomorrow, i think i am going to try using mode 1 and see how that feels.

Any of you lefty newbies experience this?

2016-12-1
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm right handed but I grew up playing with RC Cars so it took me awhile to get used to the throttle right controls vs throttle left.
2016-12-1
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

I'm left handed, but I've been flying RC since 2003. Don't ever really remember thinking throttle wasn't on the left hand side. Purchase a simulator (or find a free one) and use that until you get the controls down. Most controllers in the US are Mode 2, so if you decide to switch to Mode 1, you may have trouble flying other things in the future.
2016-12-1
Use props
djiuser_dbRwwUM741a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98576 ft

United States

Just got my Mini 2 SE today and I too am the same way as you.
2023-4-29
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18737251 ft
United States

Its the right? By pushing up on the right stick is really the Throttle? or is it to  push the aircraft forward or backward?
When when flying RC airplanes  the throttle controlling motor and rudder was on the left  and the Alirons and Elevator on the right
But as I understand it on a drone I thought the controls were forward/back and side to side on the right and Up and down & yaw on the left?

2023-4-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am left handed, and Mode 2 is what I learned first.  I am taking Mode 2 control styles to the grave with me.  : )
2023-4-29
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Use whatever mode you find easy to use. Personally as a left handed I use the right stick for throttle and rudder and the left stick for airelons(forward and back) and bank( slide left and right) and that works just fine.
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules