Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass problem...solid red
1248 7 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerial hiking
lvl.1
United States

[size=14.6667px]I have a Phantom 2 and have had it since early 2014. Flown hundreds of flights with it and it has always performed perfectly. Mine is in NAZA mode.

[size=14.6667px]This weekend, I was flying from an overlook over a huge valley of trees for a while and when i brought it back, I noticed the rear LEDs (which normally flash green with good gps) were solid RED. I've never seen that before. The phantom itself did not seem to be acting weird but I brought it to land to be safe. A few minutes later I lifted it off with a new battery and after a while it did the same thing.

[size=14.6667px]Since then, I have tried countless times to recalibrate my compass (rotating level clockwise, then clockwise again with nose down) and each time I get rapid flashing red lights. I switch back to Phantom mode in the assistant software and tried re-calibrating and same thing (only it's rapid yellow/red/yellow/red in phantom mode). I did a advanced IMU calibration in the assistant software and it did not help. I also checked my compass mod values and, from what I've read online they seem to be in the correct range. Finally, I ended up just buying a brand new compass online and installing it...only to still have the exact same problem! Always flashing RED after calibration.

[size=14.6667px]Again, the phantom itself seems to have flown fine...but i'm scared to now.

[size=14.6667px]Any suggestions? Since I've had my phantom I've recalibrated multiple times and have never had this problem.
[size=14.6667px]Please help!!

[size=14.6667px]-Michael
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your IMU and compass values from the Assistant Software?
2016-12-1
Use props
aerial hiking
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 13:45
Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your IMU and compass values from the Assistant Software?

Yes, here it is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo ... /dateposted-public/

Again...it has a new compass on the phantom and it's still blinking fast red after every time I finish calibrating it.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aerial hiking Posted at 2016-12-5 08:28
Yes, here it is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/borabora_54/31424209875/in/dateposted-public/

Just to clarify, you had not performed any foil modifications to the GPS puck, correct?
2016-12-4
Use props
aerial hiking
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-5 09:48
Just to clarify, you had not performed any foil modifications to the GPS puck, correct?

I don't know what that means so I'm assuming not.
2016-12-4
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

aerial hiking Posted at 2016-12-5 11:28
Yes, here it is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/borabora_54/31424209875/in/dateposted-public/

1700 seems a little high, but maybe you are indoors.
Go out in an open field and remove watch, phone, belt etc. Redo the dance. Also check if you are not near a no fly zone.
Also check that all the toggle switches (S2, and S1) are functioning.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aerial hiking Posted at 2016-12-5 09:57
I don't know what that means so I'm assuming not.

Could you please try QuanthonyTrang's advice and let us know if the issue still persists.
2016-12-15
Use props
Torlife
lvl.1

United States

Hi Aerial Hiker!

Just wondering if you were able to figure out the problem. I am having the same issue.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules