Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RAW jpeg are perfect, JPEG are really bad, who has the same issue ?
710 5 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse25e50b1
lvl.2
France

Hello,

I 'am searching why the Jpeg generated by my P4 are so bad : too soft .  (+2 0 0 none), JPEG files are less good than the 4K videos ...

BUT RAW file are really good. Sharper.

So today I shoot in RAW and I convert them in JPEG on my computer, the result is really much better than JPEG. I never use the native JPEG of the P4.

What's your experience ?

2016-12-2
Use props
RudeRichNJ
lvl.1

United States

Really? Always shoot raw and jpeg. My jpegs are great! Hope you figure it out...

Rich
2016-12-2
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Well, RAW will always be better, because the Camera records what it really sees.

Jpeg uses filters and compression and your Result is exactly that

But it isn't bad really, DJI actually made a good job on using it. Especially on the P4Pro, Jpeg is actually amazin.
2016-12-2
Use props
fanse25e50b1
lvl.2
France

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-2 18:52
Well, RAW will always be better, because the Camera records what it really sees.

Jpeg uses filters  ...

I am not the only to have this issue on the forum, The quality of the JPEG is lower than the 4K video !

But the RAW file converted  in JPEG on my computer is perfect ..

The problem is the native JPEG of the P4 and belive me, the JPEG is really bad .

The JEPG of my P3 standard is better (good sharp and focus)
2016-12-2
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Lol, I have never shot in anything but RAW.. Even with my DSLR..
2016-12-2
Use props
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

Here's a thought on your issue. Make sure that you are not set on HDR. This will only work when you are shooting JPEG only and can severely effect the quality of the picture. Doesn't have any effect when shooting Raw plus JPEG.
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules