Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 GPS Error Warning
2927 18 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed Assistant 2 version 1.0.7. I was thinking that it could help me solve an issue with the gps warring that several people are having. Looks like the connection is good both with the M600 and the Lightbridge. All firmware is updated and correct. My question is that when I connect to the M600 under the Basic Settings window I see the GPS1 and corresponding X Y Z values. Physically the GPS is pointing to the front of the aircraft with a solid connection and I have never removed it or purposely turned it since it first went in the air. The GO APP says I have 17 sats locked in. The values are X = 0, Y= -130, Z= -230. Sometimes firmware updates can upset these machines and I thought that maybe after the last update the GPS had become really sensitive and any misalignment might cause the warning. I have completed the compass and IMU calibration several times successfully. Was hoping to avoid "eye balling it" and use the assistant to fine tune. Anyone have any suggestion on what the values should be or if mine seems about normal. ALSO while I've been typing the M600 has been on and connected to the Assistant 2 and I just got the dreaded compass error message.  
2016-12-2
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you getting a GPS error or a compass error? Where are you calibrating the compass at? I find that all the DJI copters that I setup for customers give me a compass error any time I boot it in the office, therefore I always walk it out away from the building before I calibrate it.

As for the GPS values, the stock settings are fine for the stock GPS location. If in doubt, hit the reset button on the lower right corner of the program and the values should go back to their default values.

2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Quadrocopter Posted at 2016-12-2 13:39
Are you getting a GPS error or a compass error? Where are you calibrating the compass at? I find tha ...

It is a compass error message and it happens no matter where the bird is located. It could be in the house or 15 minutes into a flight. I have recalibrated compass and IMU multiple times in different locations and each time it tells me the calibration was a success. I believe I have seen this same error message in on  other forums so I'm not the only one having the issue.
Compass Error Meassage.jpg
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 04:59
It is a compass error message and it happens no matter where the bird is located. It could be in th ...

Have you tried performing a factory reset via the 'restore' button? Did you notice this after updating the firmware or was this happening prior to the upgrade? Which Go app version are you running?
2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 15:43
Have you tried performing a factory reset via the 'restore' button?

Are you talking about the "reset" button on the GPS page of the assistant 2 software?
2016-12-2
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 04:59
It is a compass error message and it happens no matter where the bird is located. It could be in th ...

You are not the only one with this error.

First time I got this error was about 10 days ago - I was flying near a high mountain with metal in it - I was thinking that could have been the reason.
However today I experienced this error again - in an open remote area. I have also seen others report this error.

When this is said it seems not to affect the flight - so I just keep on flying ( I am on all latest FW and SW - M600 - X5 - iOs
2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nilsblix Posted at 2016-12-2 15:59
You are not the only one with this error.

First time I got this error was about 10 days ago - I w ...

Yes, I have continued flying and have had no problems at all but it does make you wonder. Also I'm not sure if the pilots out there have thought about this but when flying under a 333 or 107 with or without insurance there might be some issues with flying a bird with known software problems. I'm not going to risk the safety of others so I'm careful not to push the limits until they give us some relief. I don't want the FAA in my watch pocket either or crash an expensive aircraft because of a few corrupted or bad lines of code.   
2016-12-2
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 06:28
Yes, I have continued flying and have had no problems at all but it does make you wonder. Also I'm  ...

Yes I fully understand your consern
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 05:49
Are you talking about the "reset" button on the GPS page of the assistant 2 software?

I do apologize, the 'restore' button is primarily for the standalone A3 system. Since you've already tried the reset for the GPS settings, have you tried downgrading the firmware to see if the message reappears? What Go app version are you running?
2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 19:05
I do apologize, the 'restore' button is primarily for the standalone A3 system. Since you've alrea ...

Jamie, everything is current. I installed the latest version 1.0.7 assistant 2 and it connects fine and says there is no update available. I talked to a friend of mine two nights ago and we had both systems running and comparing all software and firmware and they matched. I had this compass issue last Saturday and decided to do a compass calibration. I was flying in the backyard just hovering around like I have done 100 times. When I tried to calibrate the compass it would not allow me to start. Calibrated the IMU just fine but no joy on the compass. I have been using a trackimo for a long time and have it mounted on the top carbon plate at 6 o'clock "not the plastic removable cover". I pulled the trackimo off the Velcro and turned it off and put it in my pocket. Immediately went to the calibration and it allowed to to do it. Very strange as I have never had any problem like that before. Since then I have not put the trackimo back on the bird but I still have the compass issue. I honestly can't say the trackimo had anything to do with it but something was happening.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

s

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 10:12
Jamie, everything is current. I installed the latest version 1.0.7 assistant 2 and it connects fin ...

It may not have helped the calibration process, but if the error message is still appearing with the Trackimo off, then it may be something else. Was the firmware the last thing you updated when this occurred or was it the app? Have you tried downgrading the firmware to see if the error message reappears. Could you clarify what mobile device you use?

I have also reported this to the R&D team to have this looked into further.
2016-12-2
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 16:43
Have you tried performing a factory reset via the 'restore' button? Did you notice this after updat ...

You are lucky, I never even got warnings, only vortexting
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-12-3 14:16
You are lucky, I never even got warnings, only vortexting

Just to refresh my memory, you're running the latest firmware and software, correct? How bad is the extent of the vortex effect/ toilet bowl effect right now?
2016-12-3
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 23:22
It may not have helped the calibration process, but if the error message is still appearing with th ...

I have not tried to reset the A3, that would be a physical restore button on the A3 or in the Assistant 2 software? I'm doing some testing this morning to see if I can get the compass error message to pop up while in ATTI mode. Craft has been on for 30 minutes and nothing yet. I'll run it for about 45 min and see what happens. If no warring I'll  kick in the gps and test in position 1 and 3 to see what happens. Have not rolled back the firmware on the M600. I'm using an IPAD Pro 12.9" screen on current IOS. Completed and successful compass and imu calibration last night and everything else seems OK.   UPDATE: After 50 minutes in ATTI mode I could not get the warning to display. Once I moved the switch to position 3 it took about 15 minutes and I got the warning again.
2016-12-3
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

I see that Error as well, but it hasn't a effect on flight performance.  I think this is a Software Problem
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-3 23:10
I have not tried to reset the A3, that would be a physical restore button on the A3 or in the Assis ...

Are you able to try an Android device, just to see if this is an iOS app issue?
2016-12-3
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started getting the battery error at first start up.  It seems to go away after awhile.   I have a feeling it's something to do with the new firmware.  I have never seen it when using the X5 unit, only DSLR's.
2016-12-3
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Krankie Posted at 2016-12-4 07:27
I started getting the battery error at first start up.  It seems to go away after awhile.   I have a ...

I have a M600 with X5 - I have got the message twice.
All latest SW and FW - iOs

I think it is either a FW issue or a Go app issue.

A lot of M600 owners reports this now
2016-12-3
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nilsblix Posted at 2016-12-3 17:33
I have a M600 with X5 - I have got the message twice.
All latest SW and FW - iOs

Just updated the go app on the Ipad Pro and Mini 4. Been running the bird for almost an hour between the two Ipads and no compass error message yet. Also do not see the battery warning either. May have been the app causing the issue. If it acts up again I'll follow up with a post.
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules