Never Calibrated Anything
1209 10 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nimijneb
lvl.1

United States

Mavic arrived on Tuesday, updated all the firmwares and was never asked to calibrate anything. IMU, Compass, Controller, nothing. So I didnt. I have just over 3 hours of flight time now and its never asked to calibrate anything. Mavic flies wonderfully with no issues or strange behavior. Im sort of afraid to calibrate anything because its working so well so far.

Seems ok yeah?
2016-12-2
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

Well, that is a sure sign that something is broken.  Send it back.

Just kidding.  Enjoy your toy,
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the flights are perfect and the aircraft has a very stable hover then I wouldn't worry about it.
2016-12-2
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-3 05:21
If the flights are perfect and the aircraft has a very stable hover then I wouldn't worry about it.

I concur...I just took mine out for the first time.  Only thing I did was a good stick calibration, otherwise didn't do imu or compass.  Very pleased.  Camera looks good..no blurry or soft issues.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-12-2 14:26
I concur...I just took mine out for the first time.  Only thing I did was a good stick calibration ...

Good to hear, thanks for posting.
2016-12-2
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Did Stick and Compass. So far happy !!!

2016-12-2
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mine says compass calibration needed.
2016-12-2
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just setup mine and it did a firmware update when first turned on but no calibration needed shown. I'm going to try it without as long as it shows everything normal when I go to fly it for the first time. But then probably won't see a first flight until Sunday because of strong Santa Ana winds here in California today and tomorrow, can't believe the timing. The wait continues.
2016-12-2
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Mines never been calibrated either, so if it's not broke, don't break it LoL, everywhere I look I'm seeing noobs complaining about how things aren't working right, after all the calibrations they've Done, I asked them why and they actually got upset, saying they do every update etc.... then scream the loudest because something went wrong,,,,,,   Well I figure if it needs it it will let me know!!!
2016-12-29
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

60 plus rock-steady flights since late November. Never asked to calibrate anything, so I never did. I will whenever it will ask.
2016-12-29
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You can go in sensors and see if the compass needs calibration before launch. If both are green, heck they even color code it for the dyslexic.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules