Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Looking for Gimbal camera..Is Osmo for me
522 4 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft
United States

Nothing fancy, I was thinking Osmo Mobile but after reading the issues witht he Iphon 7 no thanks.  I was thinking the original osmo.  Looks to be pretty simple for around the house and pet videos etc.  I have a Phantom 3 and am pretty happy.

I was also thinking the Osmo + but see it will not retain focus while filming and moving/Focus?

Does the Orig Osmo focus all the time?  I know the mic can be an issue as well.

I wish the forums were seperate so I could find more issues with the original Osmo.  If any one can share major issues with Orig Osmo that would be great..I'm getting reading lag looking thru all this stuff

Thanks Everyone

Joe
2016-12-2
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

You should look into a separate gimbal you can put a phone/camera on. The issue with the Osmo range is there is too much proprietary equipment involved, with a separate camera and gimbal you can always upgrade the camera latter on or just use your phone.
The main major issues with the original Osmo were the low battery life and the poor quality of the onboard mic, some users also had issues with the gimbal drifting but im not sure how widespread it was.

Original Osmo has a fixed focus, this can be an issue with objects close to the camera.  
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can wait a while for the next Osmo with X4S camera
2016-12-2
Use props
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-3 01:39
You can wait a while for the next Osmo with X4S camera

Ballpark time frame?
2016-12-3
Use props
marcel909
lvl.2

Bangladesh

If you are a pet parent, you shouldn’t allow yourself to get anxious not knowing what your pet is doing at home. Moreover, you shouldn’t let your pet to get bored at home alone, the reason you should get the best pet cam that will let you interact with your pet remotely.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules