Which prop balancer do I use to balance P3 props?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf037e372
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I'm looking to buy a prop balancer but I need some information.  Which balancer are most using?  Is the shaft size 6 mm?

Thanks
2016-12-2
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

This is the one I have, and I would say it's the best one out there. This exact one is for the DJI props.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 5_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The Dubro prop balancer is likely one of the very best, to use with the DJI OEM props.

All though with it, you will find the DJI props are very well balanced.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
fansf037e372
Second Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-2 18:34
This is the one I have, and I would say it's the best one out there. This exact one is for the DJI p ...

Thank you, ordered mine tonight.
2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansf037e372 Posted at 2016-12-2 19:13

When you get yours, make sure to follow the instruction sheet, and assemble it correctly for this type of prop balancing.

Look at the included pictures for proper directions. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
fansf037e372
Second Officer
United States

Will do  
2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Awesome! There are several ways to balance them, if you feel the need. Some folks use a tiny piece of scotch tape,
While others have had success using a small amount of clear nail polish. I had used some fine sand paper and removed a tiny amount of the DJI emblem, or one of the raised directional arrows, that are right near the center, hub.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

fansf037e372 Posted at 2016-12-3 13:13

Make sure you get the special 6mm rod for Phantom props.  Trying to use the standard shaft will cause errors as it is designed for different props with a through-hole.  It is balanced itself and has right-hand and left-hand thread ends to suit.  When you set it up, lower the front balance wheel and put the back of the rod into the hole at the back of the balancer. Due to the weight of the prop, it will tend to fall over if placed on top.  This way the back of the rod will push up on the bottom of the wheel and not fall over.

I agree the DuBro is probably the best balancer.  How you correct an imbalance is really a matter of taste, sanding material away won't cause weak points or aerodynamic anomalies, the quantity removed is minute.  If you had to remove so much to be a problem, the prop would have been dangerously and catastrophically malformed.  Genuine DJI props are very good straight out of the packet.  If you find one that isn't, double check your setup as the problem is likely in your rig (e.g. wrong shaft), not the prop.

dubro.jpg
2016-12-3
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

got the balancer, checked 8 props, 2 were slightly out of balance, little sanding and they're good to go.  I had one that was damaged when the quad flipped on takeoff, checked it and it was still in balance, it went into the trash anyway.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules