Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI: Improving customer service...I am impressed.
908 7 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's all too easy for us to complain about things...I am gilty of it too from time to time.  Regrettably, very few of us share our POSITIVE customer experiences with the people and companies that we choose to do business with you.  

That said, I wanted to share a recent experience with DJI customer support.  I crashed my Inpsire 1 due to a RTH error on my part.  This accident was 100% my fault.  I started the repair process online and filled out the appropriate questionaire.  Very shortly after that, I recieved a couple emails with detailed descriptions of what to send back and so forth.  All very logical and easy to understand.

I shipped the bird and my RC to DJI via UPS.  It took 4-5 business days to arrive since I am on the east coast.

Timeline (Screenshot attached)
1) DJI recieved my drone on Nov 30
2) Assessed the damage the very next day on Dec 1
3) Repaired the drone on Dec 2
4) Received UPS tracking on Dec 2 and assume it will be in transit on Monday.

This is a major improvement over my previous experiences with damaged drones.  They have gone from a 2-4 week turnaround time, with somewhat spotty email communication...to a 2 days turnaround time, and plenty of communication and updates via email.

Never once did I have to talk to a human being...everything went super smoothly.  Hats of to DJI for a job well done in my case.  Looking forward to her safe return.

Sharif

DJI1.jpg
2016-12-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed...... there is far too much negativity.
Glad to hear something positive!!

2016-12-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-12-2 20:24
Agreed...... there is far too much negativity.
Glad to hear something positive!!

Amen to that Brother!

donnie
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for the feedback, it's very much appreciated. Glad to hear you're up and running again.
2016-12-3
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

sharif0 , where were you required to send your Inspire for repairs? East coast or West coast? (just curious) Ken S.
2016-12-4
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I have only called the US office twice in regard to software issues and the people were very pleasant and answered the phone in a very short time and remedied my problems which were basically a lack of understanding on my part. Your experience sounds like they are fully staffed for the workload at this point. All good things take time to develop.
2016-12-5
Use props
rstekeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167477 ft
United States

It's nice to see satisfactory customer service, these things aren't exactly cheap
2016-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great post! Thank you for sharing the good news   

Rich
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced