Does a P4 Pro outperform an Inspire Raw?
917 7 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I love the crisp, detailed video and pix from a P4 P and its portability. The flight endurance is also phenomenal.
The image quality is a noticable jump from the P4 particularly in lower light and in scenes with fine detail (lots of trees/ leaves). With the increased video bit rate, stuttering associated with the original 60mbps is gone.

However, IMO, the color on the X5R and the ability to change lenses is a plus and will remain that way. The images are softer than those from the P4P but I think this is due to the sharpening added to an alredy very sharp P4P image.

As for high frame rates, you'll need a very fast computer to play back anything more than 4K30. Otherwise, you'll see stutter.

Bottom line, if you know what you are going for and have a fast computer to process raw. the Inspire stil has a place...

Waht do others think?                                

2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Aside from price and picture quality, I love the Phantom drones for ease of portability.
If you acquire an Inspire, you "practically" need a pickup truck to transport the large case with drone inside.
The other plus for Phantoms, is where and how you can fly it. I can pull out my Phantom 3 Pro' and fly it pretty much anyplace, away from people.
But with the Inspire, it's a large cumbersome beast that would need plenty of space and to be far away from any annoying prying eyes.  More money too.

No doubt it's much closer to a professional quality drone, where the Phantoms are more closely related to a hobby grade aircraft, in size.
Regardless which avenue you take, they are both incredible drones with numerous awesome qualities and parameters.
I would love to have the Inspire 2, and think they are an ultimate expression of fun... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-3 13:48
Aside from price and picture quality, I love the Phantom drones for ease of portability.
If you acq ...

Good points
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey thanks. I was just putting it out there. ;-)
My humble opinion. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Someone had a video where they compared the P4P to the Inspire 2.  Same lines at 1,400 each so nothing different on sharpness.  Same 11.5 stops dynamic range too.

Only thing that changed was when they added the license and SSD card for CinemaDNG where they gained another stop or stop-and-a-half in dynamic range over the stock Inspire 2 or the P4P camera.  But that extra costs you $550 or $1000 for that license too and the high cost (~$1000) of the SSD card.  You get sundry goodies like better cold weather operation and battery heating with the Inspire 2 and a 360 degree gimbal too.

Your money.   Your call.
2016-12-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried calibrating your IMU on your p4 pro yet? I keep getting an error 22 message on the last step of calibration.
2016-12-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-4 02:39
Someone had a video where they compared the P4P to the Inspire 2.  Same lines at 1,400 each so nothi ...

I think that the sensor size and guts influence the overall 'look' beyond resolution and dynamic range. Also, having inter-changable lenses makes a difference too. All said and done, one will have to think carefully taking the I1 or I2 hiking but a P4P is fantastic. The Inspire is also a little more stable in higher wind. But no-one is denying that the P4P covers most situations well.
2016-12-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-4 02:57
Have you tried calibrating your IMU on your p4 pro yet? I keep getting an error 22 message on the la ...

No, its not mandatory. Ever since later FW versions of the I1 (and certainly the P4 and Mavic)  I've never bothered to calibrate the IMU even after traveling across a couple of thousand km. Compass yes. Don't get hung up on the stories you hear on forum pages.
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules