Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EXTIF Data Not Accurate
1012 11 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that the altitude in my extif data is not accurate.  I was flying my X3 and XT cameras at 30' and the EXTIF reported 101' on both cameras.   Is it because iam flying at a low altitude?
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, was the take off point lower than where you were? Did you notice this after a recent firmware or software update?
2016-12-3
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi ETA
Is it possible you were flying at 30m EXIF data was reading 101feet?

Mark G.
2016-12-4
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-4 08:41
Just to clarify, was the take off point lower than where you were? Did you notice this after a recent firmware or software update?

No Jamie, the take off point was was at the same elevation as me by 2 or 3'.   

I checked my IMU calibration and it said it was fine.   I calibrated it anyway.   I flew multiple missions again on Sunday and the values are back to normal.    Is that normal?   Should the IMU be calibrated  even though firmware was not updated or the aircraft has not suffered any shocks?

I am running the current firmware for the app, the aircraft, and V1.6 for the RC.   

Thank you

Ed
2016-12-6
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-4 18:50
Hi ETA
Is it possible you were flying at 30m EXIF data was reading 101feet?

Hi Mark,

Not possible.  Iam doing solar array inspections and you need to be close to the ground.  I fly between 20 and 40'.

i did calibrate the imu and now the values are back to normal.  

Thank you for the input.

Ed
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ETA Posted at 2016-12-7 08:21
No Jamie, the take off point was was at the same elevation as me by 2 or 3'.   

I checked my IMU calibration and it said it was fine.   I calibrated it anyway.   I flew multiple missions again on Sunday and the values are back to normal.    Is that normal?   Should the IMU be calibrated  even though firmware was not updated or the aircraft has not suffered any shocks?

If you notice some inconsistencies, it's a good to attempt an IMU calibration. It might not have been enough of a deviation for it to read an IMU error, since it did not effect the stability of the flight. It's good to hear that everything is working again. Please let us know if the issue comes back.
2016-12-6
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am back.

My altitude data in the EXTIF is acting up again,  it is off by 50 - 100'.   I calibrated the IMU and it did not help.  I searched on the internet and it seems that this is common problem.   People say the GPS altitude info is not accurate and some say that the barometric altitude is used in conjunction with GPS altitude.   Is this true?

I looked at past photogrammetry projects i did and noticed that the extif altitude data was off then too.   

Are others experiencing the same issues/  

I have all current FW except for the new AC FW.    I tried my X3 and XT cameras and both are reading incorrect data.

Thank you.
Ed

2016-12-27
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

ETA Posted at 2016-12-27 12:03
I am back.

My altitude data in the EXTIF is acting up again,  it is off by 50 - 100'.   I calibrated the IMU and it did not help.  I searched on the internet and it seems that this is common problem.   People say the GPS altitude info is not accurate and some say that the barometric altitude is used in conjunction with GPS altitude.   Is this true?

ETA, just a thought, have you got the VPS switched on? I'm thinking this may be interfering, maybe worth switching off if only to rule it out. It would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

Mark G.
2016-12-27
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-27 07:21
ETA, just a thought, have you got the VPS switched on? I'm thinking this may be interfering, maybe worth switching off if only to rule it out. It would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

Mark G.

Hi Mark,

I do have it on.   I will try your suggestion.  Thank you.

How accurate is your altitude in the extif?    When on the ground what is your reading?   Mine reads 56' out side in clear opening with 15 sats.  

Ed
2016-12-27
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

ETA Posted at 2016-12-27 13:40
Hi Mark,

I do have it on.   I will try your suggestion.  Thank you.

It varies a lot, it has caused so many issues trying to stitch maps together that I have given it a break out of frustration so I have not tried it in a while. I will try again and get back to you.

Mark G.
2016-12-27
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-27 09:55
It varies a lot, it has caused so many issues trying to stitch maps together that I have given it a break out of frustration so I have not tried it in a while. I will try again and get back to you.

Mark G.

Yes for me too!   I do hope DJI is looking into this.   i found many threads where phantom and inspire customers having the same issues

I wonder if it is the same for folks with the A2 or A3 flight controller

Ed
2016-12-27
Use props
matchan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85758 ft
Japan

ETA Posted at 2016-12-27 10:06
Yes for me too!   I do hope DJI is looking into this.   i found many threads where phantom and inspire customers having the same issues

I wonder if it is the same for folks with the A2 or A3 flight controller

Hello.
I am using drone at work, I hope this problem is solved.
I would like to use the Exif data for 3D modeling and autonomous flight setup.

Rather than accuracy, It seems that the firm does not manage Exif's data
For example, when it really increase the aircraft's atitude, the exif's atitude data often decreases.
Sometimes it seems to be functioning corectlly , sometimes it is quite strange data.
The phantom is the same.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules