P4 pro IMU calibration fail, error 22????
123Next >
10140 108 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

can someone please please tell me what's going on with this apparently wide spread error message, I like many others are grounded.
2016-12-3
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-12-3
Use props
fansfe513207
New
Canada

Can anyone tell me how to calibrate the P4P? tried several times and always with the same result, IMU 1 Error 22..... folllowed the video to the letter I am now trying to keep it in the fridge for 24 hours....

2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello R&L Aerial, please make sure you do the IMU calibration on a completely flat surface.
And please post a screenshot of the error message here.
2016-12-3
Use props
MerlinTheWizard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2818957 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 03:08
Hello R&L Aerial, please make sure you do the IMU calibration on a completely flat surface.
And ple ...

DJI-Mindy,
I'm not R&L but I am also getting the same thing, tomorrow will be day 4 of owning the P4 Pro and I haven't even been able to fly it yet...what's going on with all of our Phantom 4 Pro's?

This is the error I am seeing after multiple attempts at IMU calibration. http://imgur.com/9yJNbk0

IMU 1: Calibration Failed. Result Error. (Error Code -22)
IMU 2: Calibration Failed. Result Error. (Error Code -22)

2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MerlinTheWizard Posted at 2016-12-4 11:20
DJI-Mindy,
I'm not R&L but I am also getting the same thing, tomorrow will be day 4 of owning the P ...

There are six steps to calibrate the IMU. Did you finish all of that?
2016-12-3
Use props
MerlinTheWizard
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 06:39
There are six steps to calibrate the IMU. Did you finish all of that?

Of course. It always ends the same way with the p4p upside down and the lights flashing red and errors on screen.

2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MerlinTheWizard Posted at 2016-12-4 14:58
Of course. It always ends the same way with the p4p upside down and the lights flashing red and er ...

Could you please export the flight data and upload it to dropbox?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-3
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-12-3
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 08:41
You can use the same method as  ...

Mindy,

I must agree with others. I have already got an agreement of European Support to send my P4P back for replacement and know of several other owners who got their approval also. So, I really think it's no use to ask for flight data: they will tell you nothing you don't know already. I fear the accelerometer or gyroscope is stuck somehow. More: my P4P makes different startup noises almost every time I start it up, going from a 'normal' sound to a loud 'wrenching' sound as if it is trying to unlock something inside.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichardHurst Posted at 2016-12-4 15:48
DJI Mindy. You keep asking everyone to upload data but we are all getting the same thing. Surely you ...

After collecting the flight data, our engineers will help to find out what's going on with it.
I'm trying to help instead of sending it in directly.
2016-12-4
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 11:53
After collecting the flight data, our engineers will help to find out what's going on with it.
I'm ...

Ok, You've got a point there.
Still, who will want to trust a P4P that has refused IMU calibration dozens of times, made strange noises starting up, has flight data on it from november 1, even if with some software hotfix it suddenly starts to calibrate normally ?
2016-12-4
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 11:53
I'm ...

Can I send you the Dropbox-Link to get my Flightdata as an PM or E-Mail?
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Okcip Posted at 2016-12-4 20:17
Can I send you the Dropbox-Link to get my Flightdata as an PM or E-Mail?

Could you please post the link here?
2016-12-4
Use props
Matze2305
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same problem with IMU and error 22. It's really weird, I tried so much that I can't even reset it now to factory settings or set any firmware down or upgrade. It really sucks because I feel like an beta tester. Another problem is the new dji go app which isn't able to update firmware. Really annoying weekend.
2016-12-4
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matze2305 Posted at 2016-12-4 09:51
I have the same problem with IMU and error 22. It's really weird, I tried so much that I can't even  ...

I updated through DJI GO 4.
2016-12-4
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-12-4
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

@DJI Mindy
Here is the link:
DropBox_Flightdata
2016-12-4
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

Btw.: Meanwhile i could sometimes start the Drone without successful calibration. I got a wind warning, though it was not windy at all. The drone swayed heavily.
2016-12-4
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

I sent DJI my flight details. Now I suddenly get this message in the DJI Go app and an update was carried out. I just could fly without problems.

I will also try the IMU calibration later. The first attempt with warm device has not worked yet.

The German text means:
Incompatible firmware found. Incompatibility may occur between different modules and the device.
2016-12-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Is this confirmed to happen ONLY on NON PLUS models?  The built-in screen/software P4P+ version is fine, right?
2016-12-4
Use props
Matze2305
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

So i did now the Firmware Update on a Windows Computer and it worked but still IMU problem. No Firmware Update working on MAC and Iphone 6 Plus or Ipad Pro. I Hope they will Update soon. I will now do a reset and try some old Firmware for doing the IMU Calibration...
2016-12-4
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Probably it found that the battery needed updating, if you put in another battery it willl do the same
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Okcip Posted at 2016-12-5 00:16
@DJI Mindy
Here is the link:
DropBox_Flightdata

Thank you for the data.
Our engineers had checked the data, it's probably a hardware issue.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Aircraft SN:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Okcip Posted at 2016-12-4 11:08
I sent DJI my flight details. Now I suddenly get this message in the DJI Go app and an update was ca ...

GO HERE to shorten the URL, if you'd like.   
2016-12-4
Use props
Matze2305
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Is this now for everyone with the error -22? Or should we first upload the flight data before we send an email to the support ?
2016-12-4
Use props
buxdronex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100013 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The same problem for my P4pro error 22

the  official dji post of imu calibration

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54253-1-1.html
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Matze2305 Posted at 2016-12-5 14:13
Is this now for everyone with the error -22? Or should we first upload the flight data before we send an email to the support ?

We've checked this case for our engineers, the battery needs to be sent in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-4
Use props
fansd99d86a5
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 04:08
And please post a screenshot of the error message here.

I have a P4P+, IMU was stuck at point 4, no way to proceed to the next step.
Than I moved the drone not only left and right but to rear and than front using the some timing.
This enabled the app to go step 6 and I was able to complete the calibration.
Good luck
Clear app issue !

Mauro
2016-12-5
Use props
fans82319248
lvl.2

Australia

fansd99d86a5 Posted at 2016-12-6 09:22
I have a P4P+, IMU was stuck at point 4, no way to proceed to the next step.
Than I moved the drone not only left and right but to rear and than front using the some timing.
This enabled the app to go step 6 and I was able to complete the calibration.

Hi fansd I will receive delivery of a P4P today and will sign for it somewhat reluctantly. Could you give detailed instructions on how you achieved a successful IMU? Regards.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansd99d86a5
lvl.2
Italy

fans82319248 Posted at 2016-12-6 00:30
Hi fansd I will receive delivery of a P4P today and will sign for it somewhat reluctantly. Could you give detailed instructions on how you achieved a successful IMU? Regards.

If you do not have IMU issues do not calibrate the IMU, wait till next firmware release.
2016-12-5
Use props
fans82319248
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Mauro, I sent a reply to your post a few minutes ago but it seems to have disappeared. Let's see if this one does! I am expecting delivery today of my P4P and I am not looking forward to signing for it given the number of problems owners appear to be having. Could you help further by giving a detailed account of the steps you took?

Thanks,

John
2016-12-5
Use props
fans82319248
lvl.2

Australia

fansd99d86a5 Posted at 2016-12-6 09:34
If you do not have IMU issues do not calibrate the IMU, wait till next firmware release.

I see my post is back again. Don't know what happened there! I certainly do not intend an IMU calibration unless there is there is an issue and even then I am not sure I will want to.

John
2016-12-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans82319248 Posted at 2016-12-5 18:39
Hi Mauro, I sent a reply to your post a few minutes ago but it seems to have disappeared. Let's see if this one does! I am expecting delivery today of my P4P and I am not looking forward to signing for it given the number of problems owners appear to be having. Could you help further by giving a detailed account of the steps you took?

Thanks,

If I were you I would send it back, my p4 pro has IMU error 22, loud fan noise and vibrating, on start up the camera slams up against the gimbal then slams into the bottom before coming to rest in the middle and the one time I managed to get it in the air it rotated in a circle with no stick input? I have initiated a return.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-4 22:36
We've checked this case for our engineers, the battery needs to be sent in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:

DJI-Natalia:

So this Error -22 is a battery problem caused by the P4P being upside down during the IMU calibration?

A loose connection?  Interesting if true.
2016-12-5
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft
France

For some it works

2016-12-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK - more conjecture. There are numerous reports of loud fan noise and vibration. In another thread someone bravely opened their P4P up to find that the fan is only secured on two corners, with an unsecured corner resting directly against the inner shell - hence the noise and vibration. Solved by sliding some foam under that corner to buffer it.

Could this vibration (from clearly a design fault which may be exaggerated for some units) be throwing the IMU calibration out?

Just putting it out there...
2016-12-5
Use props
MerlinTheWizard
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 07:41
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

DJI Mindy,

Here are my most recent logs.
DJI Logs IMU -22 Error

Thank you.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-6 07:50
DJI-Natalia:

So this Error -22 is a battery problem caused by the P4P being upside down during the IMU calibration?

It's not a battery problem, and we need the data for further evaluation.
Just want to clarify, if you do not calibrate IMU, it flies properly, right?
2016-12-5
Use props
fans82319248
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 14:05
It's not a battery problem, and we need the data for further evaluation.
Just want to clarify, if you do not calibrate IMU, it flies properly, right?

My P4P arrived this afternoon from My Drones, Brisbane. Personally delivered by the owner. He gave me a briefing on the set up. I performed firmware up dates on the RC and the drone. There was no request for an IMU calibration so I will leave that well alone.

The only small issue - not a problem with the Phantom - was that I did the updates etc., on the floor in front of a set of speakers. The app told me to do a compass calibration of move elsewhere. All that seems to be working as it should.

The next test will be a flight. We are off to the beach tomorrow camping. Not only is the area within a national park which means no flying unless granted permission but there is a helipad just 300 metres away on the top of a hill.

2016-12-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules