I know, I know, I know ......
2015-2-12
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

metalios Posted at 2015-2-13 07:16
I know, I know, I know ......

Or put your wife's name on the aircraft ;)

2015-2-12
Use props
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

dmytchak Posted at 2015-2-11 11:13
I used a tether on the GPS tracker.  If you look in the upper left hand corner, there's a kevlar l ...

Kevlar line is a good idea.  How did you join the two pieces of line together?
2015-2-13
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

ArmyScout Posted at 2015-2-14 00:00
Kevlar line is a good idea.  How did you join the two pieces of line together?

I formed a loop.  Tied both ends of the Kevlar line in two separate knots around the screw.  A little dab of locktite blue and tightened the screw (with the two knots attached).  I then had a loop that I could put through the lanyard, flipped the Trackimo through the loop and walla!

Maybe I should make video.
2015-2-13
Use props
Trevor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-12 20:07
Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the Marco Polo device, is there any delaers in the UK ?

Hi GB44
Just received my tracker, The Chameleon from the tracker shop. Its the size of a memory stick and has a sim card in it. If you want to know where it is you dial a number from your smart phone and it sends you back a sms message. this opens a google map showing its position. Cost is £132 with next day delivery and includes a sim card already loaded with £5. Haven't had chance to set it up yet co I just got it but it looks good and if you have multy birds you can transfer it....Velcro.
Regards
Trevor
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have any photos they can share of how they mountain the Marco Polo to their Inspire?
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you folks find the Marco Polo or the Trackimo causing any radio interference with the Inspire ?
2015-2-13
Use props
Jason Schiffner
lvl.1

United States

dmytchak Posted at 2015-2-12 05:12
You are welcome.  I just came in from a flight at the office (man this thing draws a crowd).  Shor ...

You're right! This thing is a people magnet. I think I'm going to get a tracker and I'm just trying to decide which one.
2015-2-13
Use props
tcrabtree
lvl.1

United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-14 13:31
Did you folks find the Marco Polo or the Trackimo causing any radio interference with the Inspire ?

I can't speak for the Trackimo but Marco Polo will not cause any interference because it does not transmit until it is activated by the handheld locator.

When the Marco Polo  tag is in standby mode it wakes up once every 10 seconds and scans for a hailing transmission from a locator, if it does not detect a locator searching for it then the tag goes to sleep for another 10-second interval. If a signal is detected the tag receives information from the locator telling it at what time and on what frequency to respond. Once the tag responds the locator and tag lock into a coordinated mode where they meet up once every 5 seconds on one of 50 pseudo-randomly selected frequencies and communicate for 50msec. The tag never transmits unless it has just received a command from the locator to do so, not just the first time but each and every time it transmits. This means you are in total control of the tag's transmissions  from the ground.

Hey, I just discovered another customer-produced video documenting a drone recovery using Marco Polo. I don't know who he is but I'd like to thank him for the nice editing job and beautiful video. I never really thought about the tag being buried in snow! That's not going to be good for your cellular reception....

http://youtu.be/Zmy2C8XSWFY
2015-2-13
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-12 20:07
Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the Marco Polo device, is there any delaers in the UK ?

HI GB44
There are no Uk dealers but Eureka will ship for 25$.

I am currently awaitng mine here in the UK; but like Trevor I am using the Chameleon PLUS the Marco Polo when it arrives for the reason that Eureka president say.  If more than 2 miles away you need a GPS to get to the area and then fine tune.
best to be safe than sorry

2015-2-14
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Trevor Posted at 2015-2-14 01:06
Hi GB44
Just received my tracker, The Chameleon from the tracker shop. Its the size of a memory st ...

Hi Trevor,

I would recommend replacing the SIM you get in this tracker. I switch it out to an O2 sim and I get better coverage. The one that ships is from a very obscure  network.
2015-2-14
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tcrabtree Posted at 2015-2-14 15:34
I can't speak for the Trackimo but Marco Polo will not cause any interference because it does not  ...

Okay he Marco Polo sounds like a good move.  Does anyone out there have any photos of where they mounted their Marco Polo on their Inspire and how they went about mounting it?  The Marco Polo appears to have a clip on it.  Does this clip come off so it could be attached to the inspire via Velcro?
2015-2-14
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-14 19:50
Okay he Marco Polo sounds like a good move.  Does anyone out there have any photos of where they m ...

Okay so I see something called the Marco Polo RC Model Recovery System.  Does anyone have a photo of how they attached this device to their inspire they can share?
2015-2-14
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-14 19:50
Okay he Marco Polo sounds like a good move.  Does anyone out there have any photos of where they m ...

Photos in another thread.  I simply have it Velcro's to the back.

Marco Polo Thread
2015-2-14
Use props
Trevor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-14 19:48
Hi Trevor,

I would recommend replacing the SIM you get in this tracker. I switch it out to an O2  ...

Hi! lethbrp
That's a good 'Heads up' your right the sim is obscure, like you...never heard of it.
But there is £5 on it. I may have a 3g sim going spare, think I will try that.
Wonder if I can transfer the fiver...HAHA!
The Chameleon fits perfectly on the back and I've added a short lanyard to it and attached it to the cowl....just in case it gets knocked off accidently.
Thanks again pilgrim and safe flying.
2015-2-16
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Trevor Posted at 2015-2-17 00:19
Hi! lethbrp
That's a good 'Heads up' your right the sim is obscure, like you...never heard of it.

Don't forget, when you setup your authorised numbers, be sure to add the +44 country code, else you don't get any response from the text commands. Took me a while to figure that one out.
As for the lights and button (which don't have any description in the manual), as far as I can tell, it flashes a little blue light when it has a GPS fix and the organge flashing light when its got a cell signal. If you push the button, it will call your mobile. You also have a listen in facility. Lastly the command 123456G gets the device to text you all the setting on the tracker. This includes the battery percentage charge state, which is quite handy.

My testing over the weekend, proved the unit to be quite accurate indeed, certainly to within a few meters.
2015-2-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-17 00:24
Don't forget, when you setup your authorised numbers, be sure to add the +44 country code, else you ...

lethbrp

Can you explain how the fees apply for the sim.

I am a little confused with regard to position credits and sms credits and how these work.
2015-2-16
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You just put a pay as you go sim card in the tracker. No monthly fees.  I'd imagine £5 or £10 worth of credit goes a long way before you need to top it up, as you're only using text messaging.
2015-2-16
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

http://www.uavstickers.com/products-dji-inspire1.php

2015-3-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

and allot more
2015-3-17
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

That is pretty nice
2015-3-17
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I have a Trackimo, too.  Very impressed with it so far.
2015-3-17
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

dmytchak Posted at 2015-2-13 07:09
Thanks for the write up.

As far as putting your contact information on your craft, I suggest you  ...

Great advice, David! Thanks for the reminder. Accountability is a rare commodity these days.
2015-3-17
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am going to add my two cents. Some folks are adding pilot cams, gps tracker,lights ect. The more you add to the Bird the heavier it is more the motors have to work, the less the batt gives of flight time.
2015-3-17
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hi, i just ordered the trackimo device and a new Inspire 1, i will post results, i live in Dominican Republic...
2015-3-18
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

metalios Posted at 2015-2-13 06:03
I purchased the Marco Polo after purchasing the Trackimo. Works great and have fortunately never had ...

Bringing you within 100 yards still creates a pretty big swath of territory to cover, especially with brush and/or tall grass. From reading this thread, and others, I think I am leaning toward the Trackimo. Much lower price and more precise on leading one to his downed copter.
2015-3-18
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Re: Trackimo .... has anyone come up with a better way to security it to the inspire.  The velcro connection gets my nervous.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules