13168 114 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

agonz Posted at 2016-12-11 11:20
I went out today wind speed was very minimal.....nice day!  Im getting the wind warning as well! I also have a phantom 4 (non pro)that does not get the wind warning.

Could you please follow the video tutorial and upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
2016-12-20
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

DJI- I am having the SAME problem. This is total crap! Even when flying in totally CALM weather, the wind warning pops up every few seconds.
This is SO irritating.
There is no possible way that your engineers can't replicate this issue. 2 of my friends with P4Ps have the SAME issue.

With a SLIGHT bit of proper bug testing before releasing this, your engineers would be able to EASILY see this issue and rapidly issue a firmware update to resolve this.

It is absurd that this hasn't been fixed yet.
2016-12-20
Use props
civilguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323950 ft
United States

Had same issue here with a brand new (2nd) flight P4P.  Wind was maybe 5mph temp was 25F.  When near house and buildings no warning but when I got above the trees and houses the warning kicked in.
2016-12-20
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

So Mindy what is the deal any word yet?
2016-12-20
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for the wind issue with P4P, I was altitude, but I have many years of pro experience with S900, S800, S1000 as well as previous P4, and it certainly didn't look windy by the attitude of the aircraft, and was calm on the ground.
2016-12-20
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416900 ft
Sweden

Had same wind warning issue on the first flight yesterday even though there was hardly any wind when I flew with the P4P.
2016-12-21
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

FotoSander Posted at 2016-12-21 21:01
Had same wind warning issue on the first flight yesterday even though there was hardly any wind when I flew with the P4P.

C'mon DJI!!! Fix this problem!!!
2016-12-21
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

I just flew in 0mph winds and received at least 1 "Large Wind Velocity" notification.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansee2ebe3a
New

United States

I just received my Pro 4, and I received the same message a few times on its test flight.  I have owned quite a few DJI drones and am very experienced flying these.  There is definitely something wrong, because my 3 wasn't giving me the warning flying nearby.  There definitely wasn't any wind.  My guess in where it is getting the data, is if it starts showing enough difference between rpm's amongst the motors when there is no stick movement.  The Phantom compensates for wind, by adjusting the speed of the motors to keep altitude, horizontal and location.  If the motors are constantly adjusting it without a command to move, it is probably guessing that there is a lot of wind.  I have also noticed that my 4 is not as steady as my 3 at holding altitude, which means that there is probably some kind of issue here between the sensors and the motors.  It was only my first flight with the Pro 4, so I have to look at settings more.  I did calibrate and make sure everything was set right, including upgrading firmware across the drone and the controller, and making sure all the batteries were updated.  So not sure what is going on here.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia, Mindy, etc:

You have seen countless people complain bout this issue. People have sent pictures. People have uploaded data files. People have emailed. I have provided data as well.

Now you guys fall silent like there is nothing going on?

Tell your engineers to actually FLY one of these and they will notice this. It happens on EVERY P4Pro- even when there is no wind.

Do you guys not test for OBVIOUS bugs like this? If you did, this would have been noticed.

This is pathetic. You won't even acknowledge this problem.
2016-12-22
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Ditto wind. First flight at dawn. Almost no wind but constant wind warnings.
Also I lost signal several times at 400m height and only 100m distance. Aerials pointed towards the aircraft.  The signal from my p3p never fell out this close.
2016-12-23
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

fans4c5e3b97 Posted at 2016-12-16 16:03
where does it get the wind info from? the drone or the gps?

I am sure there is a logarithm that computes thrust, distance, GPS position and stick position for normal still/calm flight conditions. Anything outside these values I'm guessing the aircraft will warn you it is too windy. Obviously when it is windy the power required to fly against the wind is greater for a given distance travelled and vice versa. Its the only logical thing I can think.
2016-12-23
Use props
fansc4959860
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-24 00:08
I am sure there is a logarithm that computes thrust, distance, GPS position and stick position for normal still/calm flight conditions. Anything outside these values I'm guessing the aircraft will warn you it is too windy. Obviously when it is windy the power required to fly against the wind is greater for a given distance travelled and vice versa. Its the only logical thing I can think.

Hi All.
Got the same with my P4P, wind hazard sign popping up all the time.
Any updates?
Thanks
2016-12-26
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
Germany

I'm sure they will fix the wind warning.  It's a new machine, bound to have bugs, a little patience is warranted imo.  

As far as false obstacle detection I have found that it is the sun that sets it off.  Hard for it to see when it is blinded apparently.
2016-12-26
Use props
Nalith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295043 ft
South Africa

I'm getting the same wind warning when there is almost no wind at all.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansc2847c7b Posted at 2016-12-23 08:49
DJI Natalia, Mindy, etc:

You have seen countless people complain bout this issue. People have sent pictures. People have uploaded data files. People have emailed. I have provided data as well.

We concern much about this case, and would like to evaluate it. We're collecting the flight data now, unfortunately, some flight data provide is incorrect.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused again.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nalith Posted at 2016-12-27 20:42
I'm getting the same wind warning when there is almost no wind at all.

@All, Would you please export the flight data via APP? then upload to dropbox and provide us the link, thanks.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-5 07:11
I've got the same wind warning.  I just flew a few minutes ago at 200 feet up.  Trying to fly it back to me AT THAT ALTITUDE not only gave me those warnings (as it did THE ENTIRE FLIGHT) kept giving me obstacle warnings.  It kept stopping every 5 feet, so I put it in SPORT MODE to fly it back to me no problem.  I believe the 2 issues to be related or OA is too aggressive when faced with high contrast scenarios.

The wind warning is set too sensitive, clearly.

Had the same problem sent my pro 4 within the seven day time frame for a refund about two weeks ago still no word as to the status of my refund after three calls to the 818 number
2016-12-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-12-28 08:50
Had the same problem sent my pro 4 within the seven day time frame for a refund about two weeks ago still no word as to the status of my refund after three calls to the 818 number

Yea you MUST file a dispute within PayPal to get them to do anything.  I did it yesterday after DJI's Carson facility received it for 14 days.  Today I got a response after doing that.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-28 11:13
Yea you MUST file a dispute within PayPal to get them to do anything.  I did it yesterday after DJI's Carson facility received it for 14 days.  Today I got a response after doing that.

Thanks will file the claim today with paypal
2016-12-29
Use props
blmatthe
lvl.1

United States

if stopping abruptly i've had the warning come up but not remain, other than that it's remained off the screen even in 10-15 mph winds. my warnings have been strictly related to stick control. Latest firmware installed on 12/24/16. Good luck and hope it gets straightened out.
2016-12-29
Use props
gr8pics
lvl.2

Norway

Same problem here with wind warnings in zero wind, first flight after buying it today, all FW updated.
I get that its a bug, but can someone from DJI confirm that we can disregard this message until new FW is out, or do we need to keep them on the ground until you find out what the problem is?

If my new P4P hits the ground cause of this, im afraid you will have to replace it with a new, unless you give us a heads up on this issue.
2016-12-29
Use props
Jc918
lvl.1
United States

Same issue I don't think I been able to have ANY flight without a high wind alert.  Seems this is a issue that needs to be resolved
2016-12-29
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI, can you please step in and advice us, is it safe to fly, or should we ground our machines until the problem have been solved???
2016-12-30
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Its ok to fly! Its just an algorithm that needs fixing. It is a little to sensitive now. But yes u can fly why would u not fly? Its a wind warning! Obviously when flying you know that something is wrong if it keeps popping up also is it saying to land your quadcopter now? No! Holy smokes c'mon guys
2016-12-30
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2016-12-30 03:01
Its ok to fly! Its just an algorithm that needs fixing. It is a little to sensitive now. But yes u can fly why would u not fly? Its a wind warning! Obviously when flying you know that something is wrong if it keeps popping up also is it saying to land your quadcopter now? No! Holy smokes c'mon guys

And you are taking full economical responsibility on behalf of DJI if something messes up the algorithm and causes the machine to crash?
2016-12-30
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
United States

^^ seriously?? No im just stating that it isnt tge end of the world. I fly mine ....yes i know we paid good mo ey for these but we are the first ones to fly the p4 pro so there will be some bugs ...now if it was something diff maybe more technical and was dangerous to even fly then no i wouldnt fly....all i am saying is still have fun i have flown tons of times and get this warning. Nothing comes of it. Is it annoying yes! But it still fly's great.
2016-12-30
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2016-12-30 04:51
^^ seriously?? No im just stating that it isnt tge end of the world. I fly mine ....yes i know we paid good mo ey for these but we are the first ones to fly the p4 pro so there will be some bugs ...now if it was something diff maybe more technical and was dangerous to even fly then no i wouldnt fly....all i am saying is still have fun i have flown tons of times and get this warning. Nothing comes of it. Is it annoying yes! But it still fly's great.

So youre a engineer or something?
How do you know that this is "nothing to care about"?
What you do personally has nothing to do with the real issue, dont sit and recommend just ignore it, if you dont have enough information to back it up.
Yes, its likely theres only a software bug, but you dont know that, not even Dji dont know that yet.

My guess its that its a problem caused by the barometric sensor and its gain, if so, theres is a theoretical chance the FC can get a incorrect input and cause unwanted maneuvers.
Ive experienced sudden rapid dec/asc due to this problem with helis, and you dont want to experience the first one close to the ground, thats why i want to get an assurance from Dji, cause if something happens, your words means nothing.
2016-12-30
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
United States

True on all accounts. Lets see what dji figures out ;)
2016-12-30
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
United States

Btw i fly heli's too and they use fbl units ... Little different then barometric sensors and such. And if your talking full scale still wayyy different...its something to do with motor rpm and how the fc interprets it. Might be to sensitive we will find out when dji finds out
2016-12-30
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I owned p4 as well i totally understand what you mean by the gimbal has a high pitched squeal, P4 does not have this. I did some mod to the inner stablizing rubber and eliminated that high pictched vibration. But my vibration occurs only when drone is tilted to one side. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid617911 have a look if that what you mean.   
2016-12-30
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Alexdroner Posted at 2016-12-30 09:55
I owned p4 as well i totally understand what you mean by the gimbal has a high pitched squeal, P4 does not have this. I did some mod to the inner stablizing rubber and eliminated that high pictched vibration. But my vibration occurs only when drone is tilted to one side. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77433&page=1&extra=#pid617911 have a look if that what you mean.

Dude, i think you posted in the wrong thread
2016-12-30
Use props
blmatthe
lvl.1

United States

So i got a chance to fly yesterday in actual high winds (25-30 mph gust 40, AGL less than 30 and very open area) just to observe to P4P closely and see what it would do. In "actual" high winds you get more than just the little box warning but you get a strong wind advisory in the top left corner as well and it'll go from green to yellow when showing this message. Sorry forgot to take screen shot as I was observing much more closely the action of the P4P which held onto its position nicely.  There was some drift as it reacted and fought back to its position but I was overall impressed and have no worries or fears flying in normal winds despite the annoyance of the high wind box, but will be paying closer  attention to any notices that appear in the top left corner. In either case I observed nothing that told me the P4P was "reacting" to or behaving differently because of these messages.
2016-12-30
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

blmatthe Posted at 2016-12-30 11:25
So i got a chance to fly yesterday in actual high winds (25-30 mph gust 40, AGL less than 30 and very open area) just to observe to P4P closely and see what it would do. In "actual" high winds you get more than just the little box warning but you get a strong wind advisory in the top left corner as well and it'll go from green to yellow when showing this message. Sorry forgot to take screen shot as I was observing much more closely the action of the P4P which held onto its position nicely.  There was some drift as it reacted and fought back to its position but I was overall impressed and have no worries or fears flying in normal winds despite the annoyance of the high wind box, but will be paying closer  attention to any notices that appear in the top left corner. In either case I observed nothing that told me the P4P was "reacting" to or behaving differently because of these messages.

It will hold well until the point where the wind is stronger than the top speed, if the wind is a little weaker, it will still take forever to get back after a downwind flight, and if you add thermic to that, you can probably wave goodbye to it.
I recommend not flying in more than 15-20 mph wind with this little thing, just sayin...
2016-12-30
Use props
Brad M
lvl.1

United States

Agreed- the point of the flight was to test the wind warnings in actual wind  in a somewhat controlled environment, not to actually take off and use it. I won't be doing any real flying in anything north of 10-15mph.
2016-12-30
Use props
Brad M
lvl.1

United States

Agreed- the point of the flight was to test the wind warnings in actual wind  in a somewhat controlled environment, not to actually take off and use it. I won't be doing any real flying in anything north of 10-15mph.
2016-12-30
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Brad M Posted at 2016-12-30 12:53

Sorry, i got a bit confused, you said you were flying, but also that you would never actually take off and use it
2016-12-30
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
United States

Cineview is this your first dji drone?
2016-12-30
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can report that I have had the same wind warnings. The windspeed (measured) is 2mph! There is clearly a problem. With poor video quality on the P4P+, the app dropping out and the wind warnings (all occurred in the first 3 minutes of testing the drone which I got yesterday) I am seriously unimpressed!
2016-12-31
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2016-12-30 17:09
Cineview is this your first dji drone?

No, the 4th, after 3 large heli photomachines the past 10 years, why?
2016-12-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules