Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Was trying to check the P4P controller for a firmware update...
936 4 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paranoid Jack
lvl.2

United States

I assumed you would just boot DJI Assistant 2 on your PC then plug in the controller to connect before flashing the firmware. But that doesn't seem to work... unless I am doing something wrong?
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you get an update available message on the screen? Which firmware version is the RC on now?

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If a new firmware is available for remote, after you connect your mobile device to the remote, and make sure your network internet is great, then you will get a notice popping out for upgrading.
Besides, for P4P remote, we cannot upgrade it through Assistant 2.
2016-12-5
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.2

United States

So the remote updates via wifi or cell? The drone took the third update already this month just earlier today. So as of now I am current... can't remember the version number, sorry.

Cool, I have not seen an update notice on startup for the remote only the drone itself. Thanks for the info.
2016-12-21
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

I followed the advice video on updating the controller, attach ipad/android to controller, switch on drone, dji go 4 software once in camera view, prompted me to upgrade the controller. Click on upgrade, you see a bar showing you progress of download, when it gets to 100% , it will prompt you to connect your ipad directly to the drone with the usb cable adapter supplied with the drone, the dji go 4 then spends about 15 minutes writing to the drone, and  you get an update successful message at the end. Shut down drone then restart, click general settings and go to the bottom, "about" and it will give you the version you have upgraded to.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules