Camera Control Issues
1121 9 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans63a68d65
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329436 ft
United States

I completed the latest update and my camera controls failed during my second flight. My camera for some reason flipped up during flight with no response from the RC to correct it. I immediately landed and camera was still flipped up pointing at the right front light. I know there are some issues with the last update but I can't blame that on this issue. My iPad Mini 4 does have video issues during flights with the same issues (green screen) a few other people are having. Is there any calibrations I need to do to fix issues? I have only calibrated the compass since purchasing my drone 6 months ago! Any help would be appreciated!
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have and your current firmware version?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
As for the green screen issue, did you enable the hardware decoding from DJI GO app?
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Calibrate the IMU, then gimbal, and perhaps the RC sticks as well.

No sure what the cause would be, but there should be an easy fix for that error.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
Ttoi
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-4 11:48
Calibrate the IMU, then gimbal, and perhaps the RC sticks as well.

No sure what the cause would be ...

Thanks, I will keep you posted on the proposed fixes!!!!
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ttoi Posted at 2016-12-3 22:38
Thanks, I will keep you posted on the proposed fixes!!!!

Good stuff. I have my fingers crossed, and wishing you the best of good luck. Hopefully something will trigger a fix, and all will be as it should be. I always look for a repair by the pilot, opposed to losing flight time, when the drone must be sent in for repair. Thankfully though, return-turn around time has been shrunk much shorter, for the most part.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
Ttoi
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-4 13:43
Good stuff. I have my fingers crossed, and wishing you the best of good luck. Hopefully something  ...

Trust me, I will turn to this forum for support until one of you guys tell me to 'send it to DJI for repairs'. I am an amateur drone pilot and have learned so much from the experience pilots and the DJI moderators on this forum. So, please believe me when I say I truly appreciate all the advice that is given!
2016-12-3
Use props
Ttoi
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 11:48
Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have and your current firmware version?
Have you tr ...

P4 with 1.2.602 version and App version of 3.1. Yes, I did enable decoding!  I will try the IMU calibration and post the results, thanks again!
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ttoi Posted at 2016-12-3 23:05
P4 with 1.2.602 version and App version of 3.1. Yes, I did enable decoding!  I will try the IMU ca ...

It is suggested to cool down the drone first, perhaps set in front of an air conditioner for 15-20 mins and when you are ready to calibrate, have the RC and app running with the IMU calibration page open, place a room temperature battery in the drone, and when you turn on the drone tap the IMU calibration tab, and run the program. Do a gimbal calibration directly after this. Be sure the drone is on flat 90* surface, like a kitchen counter or someplace you know to be flat and square. Some guys even use a tiny bubble level and place a piece of glass across the motors to be sure, using sheets of paper to level the drone perfectly. This is a way that has fixed many crooked horizon and helped keep them level. Cold IMU calibration.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
Ttoi
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-4 13:43
Good stuff. I have my fingers crossed, and wishing you the best of good luck. Hopefully something will trigger a fix, and all will be as it should be. I always look for a repair by the pilot, opposed to losing flight time, when the drone must be sent in for repair. Thankfully though, return-turn around time has been shrunk much shorter, for the most part.

Thanks RedHotPoker, those calibrations done the trick. I finally received decent weather conditions to test my drone after the calibrations, no issues!!
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ttoi Posted at 2016-12-8 15:05
Thanks RedHotPoker, those calibrations done the trick. I finally received decent weather conditions to test my drone after the calibrations, no issues!!

Ah, that's great to hear. I am glad you can trust your drone now, to provide the correct expectations, which is was she was designed to offer. Hopefully, you can capture all the video and still pics that make you most happy. Good stuff...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules