Phantom 3 Standard with FPV Goggles.. is it possible?
32844 16 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans22aa3cea
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

I've read around but I couldn't get to a clear understanding.

Is there a way to FPV with P3S? There's any goggles you might suggest to do it? What accessory is also needed to connect them? In a word: what's the preferable setup?
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

I bought a VR Shinecon goggles (it's in the mail) to use with my Android and I am going to give it a try. I think you will require Litchi, but not sure.
2016-12-4
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will a flight app that will allow you to use your phone in the VR goggles. I use Litchi to fly my P3P's
2016-12-4
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Oh Lordy... maybe the first question you should be considering is how much money do you want to spend?  If you get too carried away you can easily exceed the price of your Phantom!

I'm too afraid to try and figure out how much I've spent in the last two years on six Phantoms and all the associated bells, whistles and flashing lights but my most recent addition to feed my impulse buying habit ended thusly:

$269.99        Headplay HD 5.8GHz FPV Goggles with HDMI input
$ 98.00        DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv)
$   6.99        Cable Matters 2 Pack, Gold Plated Mini HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
$   4.85        Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Mini cable, 1.83 meters, 6 feet
$ 49.00        RHO-Lens High-Tech Optics for the HeadPlay HD FPV goggle
$428.83        TOTAL (not counting shipping!)
2016-12-4
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

I bought some Blitzwolf VR googles. They work perfectly with Litchi and my P3S. Not the best quality but hey...they were only 25 dollars on Amazon..
https://www.amazon.com/BlitzWolf ... ;keywords=blitzwolf
2016-12-4
Use props
altitude
New

United States

Have Bin using the The Drone VR+ app for 10.00 works great on the Pro and Galaxy 7 But I hate having to disconnect my Ipad to plug in the phone each time. So I have just orderd the the Enmesi E632 Glasses because you can adjust the GHz to run off the controllers 2.4ghz  for Visual. WILL SEE !   
2016-12-4
Use props
randybahamas
New

United States

I have a phantom 3 4K and bought a pair of fatshark dominator glasses.  I got the module for the Phantom 3/4 but the com cable is different.  I will be using this in an area with no wi fi.  So what do I do now. All I can find is that it wont work with the 3/4 module
thanks
2017-3-19
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

randybahamas Posted at 2017-3-19 06:58
I have a phantom 3 4K and bought a pair of fatshark dominator glasses.  I got the module for the Phantom 3/4 but the com cable is different.  I will be using this in an area with no wi fi.  So what do I do now. All I can find is that it wont work with the 3/4 module
thanks

@"I will be using this in an area with no wi fi"

???

Your P3 and phone/tablet ARE wifi. Your drone is a flying hotspot which you log into using your phone/tablet - or I suppose, a pair of goggles.

BTW, I'm not entirely sure what people expect goggles to do for them. I spoke to some guy on youtube awhile back who thought you could get "3D vision" out of your drone by wearing them.

The only advantage I can see is that they're an inherently shaded view of your dji go screen in bright sunlight, which might be a real godsend if the resolution is high enough.

But beyond that, I'd be afraid of losing line-of-sight contact with the drone as well as losing my peripheral awareness of my environment on the ground.

This is definitely a product I'd first rather borrow than buy as a way of testing the waters to see if they're an advantageous accessory.  :-)

2017-3-20
Use props
Toelis
lvl.3
Netherlands

I also have the Blitzwolf VR3 in combination with my Iphone 6. I find it amazing in combination with my Advance model. You can move the camera by move your head up/down or light/right.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans646d2b19
New
Flight distance : 32005 ft

United States

Gil Posted at 2016-12-4 06:35
Oh Lordy... maybe the first question you should be considering is how much money do you want to spend?  If you get too carried away you can easily exceed the price of your Phantom!

I'm too afraid to try and figure out how much I've spent in the last two years on six Phantoms and all the associated bells, whistles and flashing lights but my most recent addition to feed my impulse buying habit ended thusly:

I want to buy a headplay, does it work with P3S and use the iPhone HDMI output to connect the Headplay to DJI Go app ?
Thank you
2017-3-25
Use props
fans646d2b19
New
Flight distance : 32005 ft

United States

I have P3S, so there is no HDMI on controller , so I'm looking to get a FatShark Dominator v3 or HeadPlay, does anyone have the experience connecting the goggles with HDMI from phone ?  iPhone has a adapter to have the HDMI output, I'm trying to have that view on the goggle!
Please guide me before I spend money and get something wrong
Thanks
2017-3-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

fans646d2b19 Posted at 2017-3-25 19:26
I have P3S, so there is no HDMI on controller , so I'm looking to get a FatShark Dominator v3 or HeadPlay, does anyone have the experience connecting the goggles with HDMI from phone ?  iPhone has a adapter to have the HDMI output, I'm trying to have that view on the goggle!
Please guide me before I spend money and get something wrong
Thanks

If you intend using the Fatshark goggles, you will need something like an Nvidia Shield tablet that has an Hdmi output.  That plugs right in to the Fatsharks,
2017-3-27
Use props
fansb740be0f
New
Flight distance : 201033 ft
Canada

How do I connect my FPV goggles to my P3 advance ?
2017-8-7
Use props
Boltman
lvl.1
New Zealand

Is there a way of connecting Shinehalo 800d goggles to my phantom 3se
2018-2-2
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Orlando_Jeff Posted at 2016-12-4 07:02
I bought some Blitzwolf VR googles. They work perfectly with Litchi and my P3S. Not the best quality but hey...they were only 25 dollars on Amazon..
https://www.amazon.com/BlitzWolf-Headset-Glasses-Cardboard-Upgraded/dp/B01AJSKIDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480863603&sr=8-1&keywords=blitzwolf

you just use your phone with those goggles? Do you need to do anything else to your phone?
thanks
2018-2-28
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-4 04:09
I bought a VR Shinecon goggles (it's in the mail) to use with my Android and I am going to give it a try. I think you will require Litchi, but not sure.

how do you like the shinecon goggles?
thanks
2018-2-28
Use props
Bears Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190640 ft

I am thinking of buying a set of AOMWAY Commander VI FPV goggles for my P3S. does anyone know if those will work with the P3S??? Thanks
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules