Signal Boster - What do You think about?
1262 13 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

What do You think about antena signal bosters found on the internet markets?
2016-12-4
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have bought for the Inspire 1 and it has worked well, took a flight from Treasure Island to Alcatraz (2.5 miles) with no issues. BestBuy is now selling them as well.
2016-12-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The only one to consider is a parabolic one that cost about 25 dollars and attaches to the antennas, they are on e- bay.   You dont need anything else , trust me .

I get 3 miles line of sight with mine and the only limit I have to go further safely is my batteries.  

donnie
2016-12-4
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-4 21:50
The only one to consider is a parabolic one that cost about 25 dollars and attaches to the antennas, they are on e- bay.   You dont need anything else , trust me .

I get 3 miles line of sight with mine and the only limit I have to go further safely is my batteries.  

Do you mean passive reflectors? Because of FCC and CE rules of transmition power are diffrent, DJI drones for Europe market work on shorter distance then for USA one. I'd rather like to know how gain in % is.
2016-12-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-12-5 02:58
Do you mean passive reflectors? Because of FCC and CE rules of transmition power are diffrent, DJI drones for Europe market work on shorter distance then for USA one. I'd rather like to know how gain in % is.

Like this pic below , most are about the same , I would try to get on  from your area.

windsurfer.jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-5 08:13
Like this pic below , most are about the same , I would try to get on  from your area.

Careful with those for you new pilots. They are directional meaning you must be some what pointed at the aircraft. My biggest issue with even using these is as Donnie mentioned. You will run into batt issues right away at those distances unless carrying extra batts on board with a MOD.  
2016-12-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not think you need a signal booster for normal flying. However, I do think the Parabolic antennas are great for giving you a more focused signal and could be helpful.

Parabolic antennas

Rich
2016-12-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the DBS mods range extender with great results but like Donnie said, you can get similar results with the cheaper windsurfer boosters.
2016-12-6
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-5 14:13

Thanks to all for your replies. Actualy I need stable strong video transmition rather then a long range
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-12-7 04:49
Thanks to all for your replies. Actualy I need stable strong video transmition rather then a long range

The reflectors will strengthen the signal but in a focused manner .  The very nature of 2.4 Ghz limits the amount of power because in general the signal does not penetrate into solid objects very well and this is where the signal gets diffused / absorbed .  The new 4G cellular signal coming out with the Inspire  2 is going to be a game changer and I for one cant wait.  

Just saying dont waste your money on signal amplifiers, they really wont do you that much good In my opinion .

have fun

donnie
2016-12-7
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-7 16:44
The reflectors will strengthen the signal but in a focused manner .  The very nature of 2.4 Ghz limits the amount of power because in general the signal does not penetrate into solid objects very well and this is where the signal gets diffused / absorbed .  The new 4G cellular signal coming out with the Inspire  2 is going to be a game changer and I for one cant wait.  

Just saying dont waste your money on signal amplifiers, they really wont do you that much good In my opinion .

Ok, thanks
2016-12-7
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-4 12:50

My distance of using parabolic antenna was 3.5 miles over pacific coast and turn around due to battery %, landed at 20%. I could of reach 4 miles but next time.
2016-12-16
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-12-16 15:10
My distance of using parabolic antenna was 3.5 miles over pacific coast and turn around due to battery %, landed at 20%. I could of reach 4 miles but next time.

Just be careful , conditions can change  in a hurry , remember that gear want to come down at bout 10-15% battery life.  Also as the weather gets colder the battery life drops even faster .  

donnie
2016-12-16
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-16 13:56
Just be careful , conditions can change  in a hurry , remember that gear want to come down at bout 10-15% battery life.  Also as the weather gets colder the battery life drops even faster .  

donnie

Thanks for the heads up Donnie !
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules