Phantom 3 Pro not flying straight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

My Phantom 3 Professional sometimes doesn't seem to fly straight
It's just like it drifts a bit to one side and I have to turn it a bit to the other side to fly straight
I'm in GPS mode so that's not the issue
Can anyone help
Haven't tried the IMU calibration but can improper calibration even cause this issue?
I'm not getting any warnings about IMU but it does seem to take a lot more time to warm up at startup than when I got the drone
But when my battery's low and I lower the drone turn it off and replace the battery with another one I can fly almost right away (after the aircraft gets GPS signal)
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

How cold is it where you are flying? Here it has been below freezing and it takes longer for the craft to warm up than in the summertime, even when I bring it out of the nice warm house.

So how are your blades? Are they in good shape? No nicks or anything? When you hand spin your motors, do they spin with the same friction.
2016-12-4
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

I have got a p3 standard, i notice this happens when fly with litchi, when i use dji go doesn"t
2016-12-4
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-4 20:32
How cold is it where you are flying? Here it has been below freezing and it takes longer for the craft to warm up than in the summertime, even when I bring it out of the nice warm house.

So how are your blades? Are they in good shape? No nicks or anything? When you hand spin your motors, do they spin with the same friction.

It is around 9°C here so not really cold
Propellers are just like they were the day I got the drone

But this motor from back left seems to spin just a bit harder than the other ones

2016-12-5
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

Ciro Italy Posted at 2016-12-4 20:33
I have got a p3 standard, i notice this happens when fly with litchi, when i use dji go doesn"t

I've been using DJI GO since I got the drone but few days ago I tried Litchi and  it does add some nice functions but doesn't change the heading of my aircraft
I don't think the app could even cause the issue I'm having
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to calibrate IMU in a very level surface, and calibrate compass before flight, there is no wind, right?
For the motor from back left, please uninstall the props and spin it with your finger to check whether it's normal, then please check whether it can be stable when hovering at at low altitude.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules