Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First flight test video
1569 10 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

It was extremely windy that day, so I didn't go high due to weak GPS signals.

2015-2-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Nice flying mate
2015-2-10
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Yep another successful first flight and hope you have many more

Mike
2015-2-10
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

Yeah good flying! You also have a very nice ''little shack'' as well
2015-2-10
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

Thanks everyone. GPS was really unstable that day. Mostly flew it manually. I'll try to get better shots when it's less windy.
2015-2-10
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233215 ft
Switzerland

Did you fly in Attitude mode? Also, did you have the landing gear up or down...saw your rotors once?

How long have you been flying quadcoptors...I'm doing a lot of flying lesson with a 180QX and the DJI simulator. Getting better with every flight.

When did you got you Inspire, did you have to update the firmware?

Thanks,
Pedi
2015-2-11
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

I was flying in attitude mode. I wasn't able to calibrate the compass or IMU due to no signal. I manually took off and landed. I kept the landing gear down when it was close to the house just in case i needed to land it quickly.

I practiced on my 250 Racing drone that has no GPS or any assists. I felt this was probably best to get decent at flying something with little to no assist before trying the big boy version.

I received my Inspire 1 on Jan 26th, and did not have to update the firmware when I opened the product. I was using my iPhone 6+.

Hope this helps!
2015-2-11
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Switzerland

This helps...gives me an idea when mine was built...got mine 6 Feb...also no need to update the firmware...

Have you tried the simulator? Is it realistic?
2015-2-11
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

pedi Posted at 2015-2-12 01:00
This helps...gives me an idea when mine was built...got mine 6 Feb...also no need to update the firm ...

Yea, I tried the simulator. Some aspects are pretty "real world" like, but the day i flew my Inspire 1 was really windy, so i didn't really feel like it behaved on the simulator.

What was similar to the simulator is the "Air-break" function they have built in. It's pretty amazing how the Inspire 1 will stop once you take your hands off the controls.

My Inspire 1 was drifting when i let go of the controls, but again, i didn't have a GPS lock.
2015-2-11
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Switzerland

franknesss Posted at 2015-2-12 05:53
Yea, I tried the simulator. Some aspects are pretty "real world" like, but the day i flew my Inspi ...

Thanks...my 1st Flight will be this Sunday...I've chosen a cool spot which should make for some cool airial video...will post soon.
2015-2-12
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Switzerland

franknesss Posted at 2015-2-12 05:53
Yea, I tried the simulator. Some aspects are pretty "real world" like, but the day i flew my Inspi ...

Thx...1st flight planned for Sunday...can't wait...
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules