Focus
678 4 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SRQ Aerial
New

United States

I have the insprie 1 pro with the X5, is there a way to zoom in during manual focus such as i do with my DSLR, it zooms in digitally just for the purpose of focus.  ?

Chris

2016-12-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

For clarity, what you're referring to is not zooming in but cropping the sensor for a 1:1 view.   Just want to make sure people don't answer the wrong question.  I don't have an X5 so I don't know the answer.
2016-12-4
Use props
SRQ Aerial
New

United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-12-5 06:26
For clarity, what you're referring to is not zooming in but cropping the sensor for a 1:1 view.   Ju ...

What i am saying doesnt have to do with the make of the camera, it works on any digital camera that has manual focus.  Just can not figure out how to do it on the x5 with my ipad
2016-12-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

SRQ Aerial Posted at 2016-12-5 09:37
What i am saying doesnt have to do with the make of the camera, it works on any digital camera that has manual focus.  Just can not figure out how to do it on the x5 with my ipad

And what I'm saying is the technical term for what you are asking is cropping the sensor 1:1, not zooming in.   

The reason I clarify is because another (quite poor) way to focus is to actually zoom in, make the image sharp, then zoom back out.  The problem with this is inexpensive zoom lenses do not hold focus over the focal length.

Cropping the sensor doesn't zoom in, instead it only uses the center portion of the sensor and spreads it across the monitor/phone/tablet.  To show the entire image it usually needs to shrink it so just displaying a portion of it is usually a 1 to 1 ratio, hence 1:1.
2016-12-5
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

SRQ Aerial Posted at 2016-12-5 06:37

Chris,
  In the GO App, you simply select MF versus AF and then tap the screen to focus the X5. It automatically crops (digitally zooms) and focuses. For each lens you need to tell the GO App where infinity focus really is, so each lens needs X5 infinity calibration. Please take a look at this previous post:Click here to view previous post on X5 lens calibration...
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules