My Phantom 4 Pro arrived and is unable to fly
1976 11 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighOnFire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97461 ft
United States

TLDR; I received an inoperable P4P, more problems than the IMU issue that's been reported.

I received my P4P on Friday.  When I started it up, it had solid red LEDs and a continuous beeping.  Motors would not start.  I tried updating to the latest firmware on both a Mac and a PC using DJI Assistant 2.  They both fail at 32 % with same error code 0x020c03.  I tried several times and it always fails in the same spot.  I finally tried updating through DJI Go 4 app and was able to successfully update bot the P4P and the RC.  Unfortunately it still has the solid red LEDs and constant beeping and will not start.  I should note that the right Front and Rear LEDs have never illuminated since I received the unit, only the Left Front and Rear.  I am able  to see an image, control the gimbal and camera settings, but motors will not start, After a few minutes I get the error message Gimbal cannot receive main controller data.  I should also point out that it has also never been able to acquire a single sattelite.  I'm hoping this is just a firmware/sofware issue, but it seems to be more than that.  Help.
2016-12-4
Use props
CN17307
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2186532 ft
United States

Hello, have you actually registered the drone with DJI? It will not fly without that have been completed. Also please become very familiar with the instructional book. You will not be able to safely fly the air craft without first learn how it will handle once air born, also check out you tube for instructional video from DJI and other operators.  
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I don't know about the other issues, but if it can't see any satellites, then it won't be happy. Are you firing it up inside? Because most times you will not receive satellite data inside, try taking it outside.
2016-12-4
Use props
HighOnFire
lvl.1
United States

CN17307 Posted at 2016-12-4 16:02
Hello, have you actually registered the drone with DJI? It will not fly without that have been compl ...

Yes. I did all of the steps when I launched the dji go 4 app.
2016-12-4
Use props
HighOnFire
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-4 16:03
I don't know about the other issues, but if it can't see any satellites, then it won't be happy. Are ...

Both inside and outside. It has yet to see a sattelite.
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HighOnFire Posted at 2016-12-5 11:14

In that case, send it back for exchange as DOA, don't do any more with it.
2016-12-4
Use props
HighOnFire
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-4 16:44
In that case, send it back for exchange as DOA, don't do any more with it.

That's what I plan to do.  Just was hoping maybe someone had an idea that I may have overlooked.  
2016-12-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Why do I get the sense that the Mavic delays are because they have been focused on getting the P4P issues resolved??
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2016-12-5 12:28
Why do I get the sense that the Mavic delays are because they have been focused on getting the P4P i ...

It has nothing to do with it. The Mavic was brought out to kill the GoPro Karma, but GoPro have shot themselves in the foot with the recall, so the pressure is off the Mavic.

2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

HighOnFire Posted at 2016-12-5 08:14

I would agree that there seems to be a hardware issue that I would recommend contacting your dealer for an exchange.
2016-12-4
Use props
HighOnFire
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-4 18:21
I would agree that there seems to be a hardware issue that I would recommend contacting your dealer for an exchange.

I have contacted DJI support.  It is being returned.  Thanks.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

HighOnFire Posted at 2016-12-5 23:44
I have contacted DJI support.  It is being returned.  Thanks.

Good to hear it's getting addressed, thanks for the update.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules