P4P: IMU 1: Callibration failed. Error code -22
3043 29 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi.

I have had my phantom for 4-5days and did about as many flights. I love it, no issues what i can see when flying. But it is my first real drone so what do i know.

Problem is i can not calibrate the IMU. I read about others who cant and have to send it back. Not to happy about that thought tho. I also read i should not calibrate it unless aircraft asks for it. But one day it might needed to.

What do you think? Is it a risk to fly with? Is there any chance there will be a firmware update that will fix this?

Values after faild calibration.

Values after faild calibration.

Values after aircraft restart.

Values after aircraft restart.

The error message.

The error message.
2016-12-5
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-12-5
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

RichardHurst Posted at 2016-12-5 11:14
This is already being discussed in other threads. Please read first before starting new ones!

Sorry. I did check but didnt see any..
2016-12-5
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know have you tried the troubleshooting mentioned on the other two thread?
If it persists, it would be best to send it in for further evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-5 07:11
Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know have you tried the troubleshooting mentioned on the other two thread?
If it persists, it would be best to send it in for further evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:

So your saying the IMU error -22 message IS hardware related????? And we should return our defective units???
2016-12-5
Use props
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

so natalia, i have same problem and send 2 mail to dji support and i want open case for DOA, i just receveid product and i have same problem like everybody
2016-12-5
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-5 13:11
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:

Thanks but i would prefer keeping my drone and use it for a while and see what happens with other who have same problem. My drone is working fine so no panic for me. I hope it will be fixed with software update. Other mods said we should not do the calibration unless app asks for it and that is the road i will take for now.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Issue Posted at 2016-12-6 01:44
Thanks but i would prefer keeping my drone and use it for a while and see what happens with other who have same problem. My drone is working fine so no panic for me. I hope it will be fixed with software update. Other mods said we should not do the calibration unless app asks for it and that is the road i will take for now.
OK, if in that case, would you please export the flight data for further evaluation? please connect your aircraft to PC with assistant 2 installed and refer to the tutorial:
If it's convenient for you to send it in sometime, please let me know and I'll create a case for you.
You need click "Reply" so that i can get a remind and help you deal with it soon, thanks.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4861cfa3 Posted at 2016-12-6 01:18
so natalia, i have same problem and send 2 mail to dji support and i want open case for DOA, i just receveid product and i have same problem like everybody

We received your information and will send you an e-mail later with the case number.Our engineers will evaluate the aircraft firstly and then deal with the case according to our after-sales policy.
Besides, would you please help us export the flight data for evaluation if convenient?
2016-12-5
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 03:59
OK, if in that case, would you please export the flight data for further evaluation? please connect your aircraft to PC with assistant 2 installed and refer to the tutorial:
If it's convenient for you to send it in sometime, please let me know and I'll create a case for you.
You need click "Reply" so that i can get a remind and help you deal with it soon, thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Ok i will try that. But i dont really have a problem while flying. That doesnt matter? You want records from any flight or all i have done so far?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Issue Posted at 2016-12-6 22:15
Ok i will try that. But i dont really have a problem while flying. That doesnt matter? You want records from any flight or all i have done so far?

It does not matter if it flies properly, and we've reported this case, our R&D engineers is working on it and will improve it soon.
BTW, we need the flight data that you cannot calibrate the IMU if convenient, thanks.
2016-12-6
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 04:07
It does not matter if it flies properly, and we've reported this case, our R&D engineers is working on it and will improve it soon.
BTW, we need the flight data that you cannot calibrate the IMU if convenient, thanks.

i have the same problems, here are my flight data:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hzhmjyn30jv1gh/dji_p4pro.zip?dl=0

there is unstable flight behavoir too.

i already had a chat about it... got a case... CAS-354089-S0W2N3

in an other thread i read, that someone got a replacement and there was no calibration error and no loud high frequency fan noise... that shows me, that this calibration problem is a hardware problem? Maybe cause the fan vibrations near to IMU1 that disturb the calibration?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-7 12:29

I checked the case, our chat support has transferred your flight data to our engineers for further evaluation, thanks for your patience, and we'll let you know if we get the analysis result.
2016-12-6
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 07:18
I checked the case, our chat support has transferred your flight data to our engineers for further evaluation, thanks for your patience, and we'll let you know if we get the analysis result.

thank you i hope they will find the Problem.
2016-12-6
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 07:18

one question: i can not see the case progress? The Repair-Trace is an other System (i try to search for my case-no but no one found there)?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-7 14:58
one question: i can not see the case progress? The Repair-Trace is an other System (i try to search for my case-no but no one found there)?

You case is a "Consultation" rather than a RMA and replacement, that's why you cannot see the progress. Please do not worry about that. We've transferred the data provided to the engineers, will let you know the result.
2016-12-6
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

IF you are still having trouble this video might help
2016-12-7
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-7 05:29

What is this loud high frequency fan noise you speak of? Is it from the props? This is my first phantom but i hear sometimes a sound when flying that can be described like that.
2016-12-7
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 04:07

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h0l8e ... 7heZ4F2Jv1a?dl=0sdf

Here is some flight data from my phantom. The files are really big.
2016-12-7
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

Issue Posted at 2016-12-7 10:55
What is this loud high frequency fan noise you speak of? Is it from the props? This is my first phantom but i hear sometimes a sound when flying that can be described like that.

no, just the fan, no props installed. it's a lot louder and has a higher frequence than the fan noise of the p4
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Issue Posted at 2016-12-7 18:01
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h0l8ew0u0n0ly0k/AAAjvigvnd-zFH7heZ4F2Jv1a?dl=0sdf

Here is some flight data from my phantom. The files are really big.

Thank you, I will download it and transfer the file to our engineers for evaluation.
2016-12-7
Use props
Issue
lvl.2

Sweden

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-7 11:18
no, just the fan, no props installed. it's a lot louder and has a higher frequence than the fan noise of the p4

Ah ok. I dont know about that as it is my first drone. But i was supriced it was so load on idle yes. Didnt even know there was a fan to cool it.
2016-12-7
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 08:16
You case is a "Consultation" rather than a RMA and replacement, that's why you cannot see the progress. Please do not worry about that. We've transferred the data provided to the engineers, will let you know the result.

i've got a email, where they ask for further details and they want me, that i send the p4pro to your north American repair center. but i am from Germany... i think i should send it to the German support center? can you please check this?  i'v got this number: CRM:0020000000005

2016-12-7
Use props
Dädi
lvl.1

Finland

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-8 07:48
i've got a email, where they ask for further details and they want me, that i send the p4pro to your north American repair center. but i am from Germany... i think i should send it to the German support center? can you please check this?  i'v got this number: CRM:0020000000005

I'd love if someone would tell me where to send mine...Instead they just ask me to reboot the drone and try again
2016-12-8
Use props
Leaptear
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dädi Posted at 2016-12-8 09:43
I'd love if someone would tell me where to send mine...Instead they just ask me to reboot the drone and try again

The only reason they are asking to send them back is because they want to figure out the error with units that are having the issue, We are just beta testers to DJI they always bring out products and spend more on advertisements rather than the development and the support at their company huh
2016-12-8
Use props
henryk86
lvl.2

Germany

i got a reply from dji Support. they want me to wait till next week. They will release a new Firmware till then.
2016-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

henryk86 Posted at 2016-12-8 14:13
i got a reply from dji Support. they want me to wait till next week. They will release a new Firmware till then.

Well at least you got a timeframe, thanks for thar
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dädi Posted at 2016-12-8 17:43

There is a firmware update coming out that should fix this issue, as henryk86 has mentioned. I would recommend holding onto your unit until then. If the issue still persists, then a repair service would be needed. Should it come to that, your closest facility should be in the Netherlands. They can be contacted via support.eu@dji.com or at +31 208084412.
2016-12-8
Use props
Dädi
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-8 20:16
There is a firmware update coming out that should fix this issue, as henryk86 has mentioned. I would recommend holding onto your unit until then. If the issue still persists, then a repair service would be needed. Should it come to that, your closest facility should be in the Netherlands. They can be contacted via  or at +31 208084412.

Yes I know. They finally answered and everything is ok for now...
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules