Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phoenix
New

United Kingdom

hi all,

Yes another newbie I'm afraid
I have yet to unpack my Xmas phantom 3 advance quad but have read most of the videos on YouTube. My problem is that I keep getting a message that my iPad is not suitable to load the cgi go app
Can  you use Flytex ?,

Also my windows 10 laptop will not accept the app. What's going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
2016-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Depending which iPad version you own, it may very well not be compatible, with the power hungry DJI Go app.

Did you check the DJI approved list of known useable devices, to see if it fits the necessary requirements?

That's a great starting point, when considering a smart device, to use with your new flight kit. ;-)

Yes there are methods to help prompt a lesser device to work, but they may not have the processing power to do the job well.
Using an iPad Air2 Cellular here, and it has been a wonderful experience from day one. No negative issues have developed.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-5
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'm using a iPad Mini 2 and have had no problems. Also this iPad is dedicated to my Phantom only. I have another iPad Mini 2 for my Mavic, which I'm still waiting for. Not complaining, I have plenty to keep me busy while I wait. I bet you can't wait till Christmas to unpack your Phantom. I got mine last summer and like you, watched a ton of videos and read the forums. Still I only looked at my new drone for a month before I dared to take it for it's first flight.
2016-12-5
Use props
Phoenix
New

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-5 17:39
Depending which iPad version you own, it may very well not be compatible, with the power hungry DJI Go app.

Did you check the DJI approved list of known useable devices, to see if it fits the necessary requirements?

Thanks for info, also my widows10 laptop will not load the dig. App why ?

Please help
2016-12-6
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Go runs on IOS or Android. Not Windows.
There is a version of the old Vision app on the Windows store, but it's not for the P3 or later models.
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Phoenix Posted at 2016-12-6 16:30

You need to have a fairly current iOS device or an equally powerful Android unit. As the apps are only downloadable on those devices for now. Perhaps in the future there will be other options.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Phoenix Posted at 2016-12-6 18:30

You would have to run something like the BlueStacks emulator on you laptop for it to run the go app.  Bluestacks works, but has a yearly subscription fee.  You can also download and install a free android emulator that is a complete operating system you boot the computer from. It is called Android-x86 and is free.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules