Forum community enhancement [Ongoing]
59890 188 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

We've added a regional section to the forum! Check it out here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=96
2017-1-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

In the PM system, it would be nice to have the conversation show the latest message automatically.  The way it is now, if you have a long running conversation over time, you have to select to see the full conversation, then you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the message, and the menu box stays there, blocking part of the screen.  Much better if, when you click to reply, it just displays the end of the message for you.
Thanks.
2017-1-17
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156040 ft
Switzerland

Can we link our forum identity to the DJI general account and the app? Would be great to have a customizable signature that can display scores from your drones, e.g. footprints, KMs flown, heighest point, etc.?
2017-1-19
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156040 ft
Switzerland

Also, I would like to be able to set location myself, since sometimes the system misinterprets my IP address and then sets the wrong locale. This happened before e.g. UK or Netherlands instead of Switzerland.

Thanks
2017-1-19
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

I would like to be able to mute or hide threads that are not relevant to me or that I don't care about.

Threads constantly come back from months ago or stay persistently at the top due to their popularity or infamy. I don't need or want to see them, but am happy for others to do what they wish.

So hiding those posts for myself would be very nice indeed.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

>Can we link our forum identity to the DJI general account and the app? Would be great to have a customizable signature that can display scores from your drones, e.g. footprints, KMs flown, heighest point, etc.?

Already looking into. This feature is already present on the Chinese version of the forum, so it shouldn't be too hard to set up.

>Also, I would like to be able to set location myself, since sometimes the system misinterprets my IP address and then sets the wrong locale. This happened before e.g. UK or Netherlands instead of Switzerland.

We'll consider this. As long as the original location is still visible to mods, I don't see how this would be a problem.

>I would like to be able to mute or hide threads that are not relevant to me or that I don't care about.

This is a great idea, noted.
2017-1-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Is there a way members if they wish could receive a notification that they have "reminders"  on there Homepage ?   Often I want to communicate with a member and can't  get hold of them  , this way members  would not have to give out e mails  ( I mean I have posted mine on the forum , I don't mind ) If they do not wish to .

Many times I have thought Of a solution to a members problem ,took the time to type it out a lengthy post ( How unusual I know )  only to have them respond a week later saying they had to send it in or whatever. This way they would at least know they have a message .  I mean I am on right now quite a bit , but many members only check in on occasion . Or make another box that says "personal mesage Email" dont list the address. Or maybe you could leave that as an option  when they sign up .

donnie
2017-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey Joe, WOW~WOWEE!! Really love the redo of the forum format. The new menu bar at the top is delightful.

Thanks for the webmasters who can seriously deliver the punch!

Really Awesome... Well done guys and gals. Please keep it coming.
Still Wish you could get my friends list alphabetized?
I can not access my friends list beyond the first page, if I click a page number, it takes me to http://forum.dji.com

RedHotPoker
2017-1-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-22 11:42
Hey Joe, WOW~WOWEE!! Really love the redo of the forum format. The new menu bar at the top is delightful.

That's because DJI is your friend, and it is here to help!
2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-1-22 16:19
That's because DJI is your friend, and it is here to help!

Yes, and a friend in need is a friend in deed. Hahaha
Indeed, they need to fix my friends list. Did I say Please?? Tehe

RedHotPoker

2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-22 11:42

Glad you like it! It's definitely a lot prettier and easier to navigate. Thanks for the report about the friends page. I'll report this to the devs.
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-23 09:14
Glad you like it! It's definitely a lot prettier and easier to navigate. Thanks for the report about the friends page. I'll report this to the devs.

Much like the firmware, you folks continue to deliver the goods...  Thanks again. I really like this forum, and it's continued striving to improve itself. Looking forward to a few more interesting surprises. ;-)

Appreciate it, if you can get repair, to my broken friends list.  It's frustrating, after these several months not being able to attend to them members, personally.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149268 ft
United States

How do I post my message to the forum once the message is crafted from the text editor?
2017-1-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I don't know if this is a known issue, but in the mobile version the reminders never disappear.
2017-1-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-12-7 01:49
Can we set a default timer for threads so that after a set time from the last reply, it is marked read-only and can't be revived please?
E.g. After 3-6 months of inactivity, a thread can't be replied to again?

Amen brother

Rich
2017-1-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-8 08:49
Quite frequently, in new entries or thread, I will read the OP post, and want to reply to that. But then get caught up in the numerous replies below it, and by the time I reach the last post, I have totally forgotten my response. Now we can post our thought, before reading the chapters of a small book first. Ha. So I like that ability, and hope to use it more often as time goes by.

RedHotPoker

RHP
I thought you were going to say: by the time I get to the last post, I don't need to comment because it was covered two times already.

All the best
Rich
2017-1-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-12 11:13
Great idea. We'll look into this.

Hi Joe

Another thing that has gotten out of hand:
All of the Announcements and advertisements, specials, etc. that are sticky at the top of each category. Service, Phantom, Mavic, OSMO will get stuck to every drone category regardless. Pretty soon the normal discussion threads are dropped to the second page. You should have a sticky note time limit for some of this stuff or limit where they are placed.

Maybe open a new category called Announcements and Specials ?

All the best
Rich
2017-1-26
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

Make Vimeo embeds work on mobile. They don't show up right now.
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-26 19:17
RHP
I thought you were going to say: by the time I get to the last post, I don't need to comment because it was covered two times already.

That happens frequently too. Or typing a reply, to some request, thinking you're the first responder, only to find someone else answered already, above you.  ;-)

Guess I type too slow... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
Lorgash
lvl.1

United States

You might be able to separate categories and add more subcategories to declutter.  Help, general discussion, news, tips, user art/pictures/videos, etc might make navigating the forum better and overall enhance the ergonomics of it.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-26 19:24
Hi Joe

Another thing that has gotten out of hand:

Agreed. I'll try to clean it up now. An "announcements section" although a fine idea, is likely to be ignored by most forum goers. We have a "recommended" section, but it needs to be optimized before it works well enough to help declutter.
2017-1-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-27 11:49
Agreed. I'll try to clean it up now. An "announcements section" although a fine idea, is likely to be ignored by most forum goers. We have a "recommended" section, but it needs to be optimized before it works well enough to help declutter.

Thanks Joe

Maybe there can be another way to force the announcements on the forum home page?  
All the best sir
Rich  
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-27 13:06
Thanks Joe

Maybe there can be another way to force the announcements on the forum home page?  

I am currently using the very top section to highlight things that will stay there permanently. Most everything else will remain as a sticky with or without a time limit. You'll notice it is currently cleaner than before.
2017-1-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-27 14:11
I am currently using the very top section to highlight things that will stay there permanently. Most everything else will remain as a sticky with or without a time limit. You'll notice it is currently cleaner than before.

Hi Joe
Yes, I noticed your improvement! Thanks for working on this for us.  I understand that you can only do.. so much  but this is appreciated by us older guys!

Have a nice weekend
Rich
2017-1-27
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

I got a reply from a member in a pm that showed part of his pm on the reminder screen, but when I click on it, his reply was not posted in the conversation.  The reply I posted in response does show up, but his still does not.
2017-1-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

All other forums I use have a dedicated My Forum section that is set in the title bar with the others ... no need to hunt down a section before getting to it.

You can subscribe to or unsubscribe to a thread .... if you view a thread or post - that automatically adds to your My Forum subscriptions.

Nigel
2017-2-1
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Thanks for hosting the forum! I would like a Subscribe to a thread feature, if possible.
2017-3-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

1. A way to see new posts across all the forums without having to go into each one

2. A list of topics that start with a video, most of the time that's all I'm interested in and would be nice in one place.

3. Clean out the entitled users who have embedded themselves in your forum. As the forums grows in popularity you'll need to tackle this to keep users who are here to talk about your products and not just mindless chat. Bigger the forum, bigger the ban hammer - yes I know I deserve a few bashes with that as well, but you do need to start swinging it around a bit.
2017-3-5
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Sort By: Function
2#
When in a "Topic"

All
    Tutorial964
    Phantom 4 Pro1316
    Phantom 45437
    Phantom 3 Pro/Adv14286
    Phantom 3 Std674
    Phantom 23883
    Discussion9541
    Video&Photo2730
    General388
    DJI GO148

it would be helpful if the "sorted by" option included the ability to sort by post "banner" or subtopic.  Like, "Phantom 4", "Phantom 4 Pro", "Phantom 3 Std" ECT.  This would help in my case because I am only interested in the Phantom 3 Standard, GO APP, Video&Photo and General discussion topics.  It would allow me to see only posts that are concerning the type of Phantom I own and the subject I am interested in.
2017-3-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Points System

Rather than awarding points for just posting, which of course encourages pointless posts. Why not award points when someone Upvotes your post, and loose some if someone Downvotes your post. Obviously this can still be abused by cliques of people upvoting each other all the time, but I'm sure it would encourage more meaningful replies.
Maybe everyone only gets 5 upvotes per day so you have to use the wisely

Maybe an Accepted Answer button and the poster gets 100 points

Maybe a Duplicate Answer button where the poster looses 1000 points for repeating an answer already posted by someone else, see this often, the same answer by 4 or 5 people.

I admire DJI offering store purchase value for forum points, but it's a risky move if you get them for just posting anything.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-6 11:27
Points System

Rather than awarding points for just posting, which of course encourages pointless posts. Why not award points when someone Upvotes your post, and loose some if someone Downvotes your post. Obviously this can still be abused by cliques of people upvoting each other all the time, but I'm sure it would encourage more meaningful replies.

Agreed on all points. We have and are still working on a better way to both make points a more powerful tool and encourage users to upvote each other's posts.
2017-3-6
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-6 11:48
Agreed on all points. We have and are still working on a better way to both make points a more powerful tool and encourage users to upvote each other's posts.

That's good to hear. Matt brought up a good point and it's nice to see a quick response.
2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Add a post edit count with date / time, maybe a post edit reason.

Do not allow editing of posts after say 5 minutes of posting, enough time to spot mistakes, but being able to go back hours or days later and edit posts can cause problems on forums. Trolls will use it to hide their actions and act all innocent.
2017-3-8
Use props
fansa0292a50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189970 ft
United States

Can someone find out if my drone has been fix and if yes l, would it be possible to pick it up personally because i am leaving on my trip tomorrow morning and i really need my drone
2017-3-9
Use props
DavidJackson
New

Canada

Hello, why can I not post a question? What do I need to do to have permissions?
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DavidJackson Posted at 2017-3-9 09:38
Hello, why can I not post a question? What do I need to do to have permissions?

Please read the forum rules.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I've updated and standardized thread categories for easier navigation. Some tags my be incorrect during the transition. Thanks.
2017-3-10
Use props
MavicBob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1443310 ft
United States

How do you post an avatar?  Didn't see any "select" or "browse" button. Thanks!
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MavicBob Posted at 2017-3-10 18:26
How do you post an avatar?  Didn't see any "select" or "browse" button. Thanks!

We don't have stock avatars available. You need to provide your own using our avatar maker in your home page.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-13 08:18
We don't have stock avatars available. You need to provide your own using our avatar maker in your home page.

Is it difficult to stop those obviously running multiple accounts (sometimes it's like talking to Me Myself & Irene)
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules