Forum community enhancement [Ongoing]
59844 188 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You offer a service called DJI points,  I have had mine submitted for  near a month and am waiting, can you help me out here Joe ?

thanks --

donnie
2016-12-13
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

All good things come with time Joe
2016-12-13
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-13 03:14
12/13 Added vulgarity filter

Thanks Joe.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

12/14 Updated rule IIIb-3: Do not post something that derails a thread. Any post that is not on-topic (depending on the discretion of the moderators) will be deleted and result in a warning being issued. The mods can’t be everywhere at once, so we are counting on you to help us by using the “report” function.)
2016-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-14 10:11
12/14 Updated rule IIIb-3: Do not post something that derails a thread. Any post that is not on-topic (depending on the discretion of the moderators) will be deleted and result in a warning being issued. The mods can’t be everywhere at once, so we are counting on you to help us by using the “report” function.)

Hi Joe

I like all of the improvements to the forum, making it a lot easier to use!  Thank you for the updates.. Maybe you can add spell check to the PM system that has gotten me a few times.

I really do not like the mobile version of the forum and tend not to use it at all. I would like to see it work more like the full version (but most likely not possible) .  

So keep up the good work
Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-16 06:10
Hi Joe

I like all of the improvements to the forum, making it a lot easier to use!  Thank you for the updates.. Maybe you can add spell check to the PM system  that has gotten me a few times.

Thanks, Rich. I agree that the mobile version needs a lot of work. We're in the process of fixing some bugs as we speak!
2016-12-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2016-12-15 17:06
Thanks, Rich. I agree that the mobile version needs a lot of work. We're in the process of fixing some bugs as we speak!

You are welcome sir

look forward to these improvements in the future

Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716572 ft
Germany

Please change the language to german Joe.
Just joking... i like this happy place.
2016-12-16
Use props
MichelG
New

France

Hi DJI Joe,
I don't read easily English (but i try to in this forum) and I'm not used to the meaning of words.
I wrote a message a month ago about the microphone jack witch seems to be stereo but the audio recording is mono with my Rode StereoVideomic. I'm not able to find my post again and look if someone replied to me.
Is there somewhere a manual to use the forum or a "search box" to search "stereo" for instance?
Thanks in advance.
Michel
2016-12-18
Use props
MichelG
New

France

MichelG Posted at 2016-12-18 10:35
Hi DJI Joe,
I don't read easily English (but i try to in this forum) and I'm not used to the meaning of words.
I wrote a message a month ago about the microphone jack witch seems to be stereo but the audio recording is mono with my Rode StereoVideomic. I'm not able to find my post again and look if someone replied to me.

the microphone jack of my Osmo
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

12/19 - Added 2 new sections to the rules and regulations:
XV: Forum Points
XVI: User Groups

Added ability to tag friends to give them a reminder of a post (ex. "@DJI-Ken check this post out!)
Still testing out this functionality.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MichelG Posted at 2016-12-18 17:35
Hi DJI Joe,

You can look at your reminders in your personal homepage!
2016-12-19
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Nicely done Joe..  Will be interested to see some of the additional add on to earn points come into play...  :-)
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

12/21 - Finally updated report reasons
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

12/22 - Added new rule: Users in the "New" group are unable to make new threads. This is to combat spambots.
2016-12-22
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

User icons are foolish. Just because people post something every 5 min, just like ALL social media is NOT an indication of their knowledge or experience! Lets use actual flight records as a standard. Armchair pilots beware! 140 perfect flights, over 24 flight hrs.   
2016-12-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2016-12-23 17:37
User icons are foolish. Just because people post something every 5 min, just like ALL social media is NOT an indication of their knowledge or experience! Lets use actual flight records as a standard. Armchair pilots beware! 140 perfect flights, over 24 flight hrs.

I think you get a pretty good idea of 'Who Knows What " pretty quick on the forum.  I always say look for not just  one viewpoint or advice and look for consensus among members .  I do agree that Multiple post are not an indicator of Knowledge.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

donnie
2016-12-25
Use props
Berryr
New

United States

I need help. I am new to this site, and am looking for tech support for the p3 I just bought. After spending i dont know how long to find this site and become a member, I am getting very frustrated because it will not let me post new threads (message reads "you do not have authority to post new threads"). Why?
2016-12-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but, on the mobile, tablet version (Samsung SMT337a, for one), the text entry box for replies is partially obscured by the virtual keyboard, making it difficult to impossible to see what you are typing into the box. If the text reply entry box could be moved up, above, near the top of the window, that would eliminate blind typing (like I am doing now).

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-27
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

I would like to see a title for what DJI item you have, for example under my name it would state: Phantom 4, or Phantom 4 Owner.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Brocktree Posted at 2016-12-28 01:05
I would like to see a title for what DJI item you have, for example under my name it would state: Phantom 4, or Phantom 4 Owner.

Agreed. I'll see if the is possible to accomplish soon.
2016-12-27
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Donnie! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! May your 2017 be as safe as or safer than 2016 Ken S.
2016-12-27
Use props
Taters
New

United States

Why can I not start a new thread?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Taters Posted at 2016-12-28 10:01
Why can I not start a new thread?

Make sure to read the forum rules.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Highasakite Posted at 2016-12-24 07:37

Hey, Ken. Let me know if you have a recommendation on what the icons should track. I'll let you know if it's possible.
2016-12-28
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
United States

Hi Joe, I kinda like what Brocktree 60# suggested. A simple aircraft designation of what we own. How do you come up with what they are now?  I guess Administrator is the King? We got Beginner,Hobbyist, Intern Pilot, 1ST Officer WHAT??  What do these "titles" represent or stand for? I think they sound condescending and intimidating. Who are these people, and how many non incident flights are under their belts? How many hours do they have in the air? What we need is a level playing field. Not sure if you could ever get people to share a screen shot of their flight records, total flights/ total hours, the logs don't lie, but labels aint cool! Just saying. Ken
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Highasakite Posted at 2016-12-29 15:48
Hi Joe, I kinda like what Brocktree 60# suggested. A simple aircraft designation of what we own. How do you come up with what they are now?  I guess Administrator is the King? We got Beginner,Hobbyist, Intern Pilot, 1ST Officer WHAT??  What do these "titles" represent or stand for? I think they sound condescending and intimidating. Who are these people, and how many non incident flights are under their belts? How many hours do they have in the air? What we need is a level playing field. Not sure if you could ever get people to share a screen shot of their flight records, total flights/ total hours, the logs don't lie, but labels aint cool! Just saying. Ken

I like Brocktree's suggestion as well. We're working on implementation as we speak.

Currently the labels are just cosmetic and only indicate how active a user has been on the forum. You make a good point, though. Somehow incorporating flight logs would be fantastic. This will be looked in to.
2016-12-29
Use props
Spinball
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think this forum should migrate to Xenforo.  It's rapidly becoming the market leading forum platform and the software I use to run a forum with 20 million posts.
It has lots of features and flexibility.
2016-12-30
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

I would like an email to advise me about reminders
2017-1-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Can we have a REFRESH button that keeps us in the chsoen section because at present - to refresh I go through HOME page and then have to select a section ie Phantom 3 Standard to get to relevant section for me.

Nigel
2017-1-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-2 09:16
Can we have a REFRESH button that keeps us in the chsoen section because at present - to refresh I go through HOME page and then have to select a section ie Phantom 3 Standard to get to relevant section for me.

Nigel

On a Personal computer just press F5 on the Keyboard, this will refresh the page for you.  I do it all the time .

donnie
2017-1-3
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Ciro Italy Posted at 2017-1-1 08:08
I would like an email to advise me about reminders

That is a good Idea, it is quite common on other forums .   I like if members would have there  e mails on their Home Page so I could send them messages for immediate help .
By the way , you kinda look like Frank Sinatra...

donnie
2017-1-3
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I would like to see a user video category.

I created one for everyione to post their own stuff since it is hard to keep track of all these great videos in here Drone Videos

I designed this to allow everyone to publish their drone videos, but went stale.

Anyways, the proof of concept is there.  It would be cool to be able to access and see eveyone videos without having to wait for a forum thread post since they tend to die in the deep sea of other posts.

Just a thought something you could code outside of the SkyPixel (I know that is your baby)

111.jpg user admin panel
222.jpg

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-5 10:11
I would like to see a user video category.

I created one for everyione to post their own stuff since it is hard to keep track of all these great videos in here Drone Videos

What don't you like about the current ability to sort the forum into video/photo?
2017-1-5
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-5 11:02
What don't you like about the current ability to sort the forum into video/photo?

Well, Joe I really enjoy seeing new videos coming in from other users.  Sometimes when I want to go back to a video that was posted we'll say 3 months ago, I cannot find it.
Hence why I created my own little test site to categorize videos so not to lose them.

Maybe it is me, but outside the fancy video productions made, I also like watching the ones where people are just flying around for fun (other landscapes, etc).
And I like to be able to pull them up again without having to remember was that like in video post #305 or video post #999

Other issue is I must choose Mavic, then photos/video or choose Phantom then photo/videos.  Nethier are the same.
I just think it would be cool to have a video forum category that you could lookup by say location, gene, user, etc.

SkyPixel is well..to me isolated to the best of the best videos and that is great in all, but it is also cool just watching someone flying around Miami or what not with no special video production

Just a weird thought I know.

Sorry, just have to do it again to you.

dji_joe_2.jpg

dji_joe_3.jpg

2017-1-5
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Joe,

What about breaking down the threads based on its topic, into categories / sub forums.

I am also curious about the management click box right after the options: Reply, Upvote (), Downvote (), Report, in the bottom bar of a specific post, that can be clicked on if you are the thread starter. What is the purpose of this feature?

Otherwise, I appreciate DJI's continued commitment to make the forum better and grow the community.  
2017-1-7
Use props
dbasnett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222608 ft
United States

Remove the requirement for Adobe Flash to be the vehicle to change avatar.  There seems to be a large consensus amongst web developers to get rid of it because of the vulnerabilites.  Web sites I develop don't support it, and my devices don't have it installed.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

>What about breaking down the threads based on its topic, into categories / sub forums.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

>I am also curious about the management click box right after the options: Reply, Upvote (), Downvote (), Report, in the bottom bar of a specific post, that can be clicked on if you are the thread starter. What is the purpose of this feature?

The mods have this on every post as it allows us to manage posts individually.

>Remove the requirement for Adobe Flash to be the vehicle to change  avatar.  There seems to be a large consensus amongst web developers to  get rid of it because of the vulnerabilites.  Web sites I develop don't  support it, and my devices don't have it installed.

Agreed. I see the same migration away from it. I'll talk to our devs to see if we can change it while still retaining its features.
2017-1-9
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

hey joe,
one thing I've never been able to get from this forum is email notifications on threads that I've participated in, this seems really important to me. If this is already a function can you tell me how to enable it?
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

punkie Posted at 2017-1-11 02:07
hey joe,
one thing I've never been able to get from this forum is email notifications on threads that I've participated in, this seems really important to me. If this is already a function can you tell me how to enable it?

I'd like to expand Email notifications for various forum functions. I'll add "subscribed threads" to the list. Thanks.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules